Replies

• JLLemons
    JLLemons Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think ur a hottie either way!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Old picture (I never take pics without make up, my skin is very uneven)

No make up on a good day when the circles under my eyes arent toooo black
    Photo21.jpg

Me with normal everyday type make up (that is my natural lip colour, I don't wear lipstick or lip balm as the husband HATES it) picture is about a month ago, thats why the different hair :)
    425228_10151455598385425_554945424_22849094_896597123_n.jpg

Full make up WITH lipstick
    1380a75a.jpg
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi! I wear makeup because when I was a teenager/kid my mom didn't wear it so it was one of those things I taught myself to do because I was curious. I LOVE makeup and I have so much fun with it. It doesn't hurt that my husband likes it too :)
    Me without (Hawaii and 20lbs heavier)
    hawaii.jpg

Last summer:
    makeup.jpg
  • Ebwash89
    Ebwash89 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    For me its to look presentable, awake, alive, and like you took the time out to care for yourself and not just roll out of bed. Wearing makeup going out is the same thing as why we put on propper clothing to go to work and certain occasions. You dont have to wear a suit working in an office but you should. Just like we do our hair. We dont have to but we should to look presentable and well groomed

Without makeup:

128_6337996790_512436790_341932_6426_n.jpg

With makeup:

541567_10150619197446791_512436790_9586406_429516042_n.jpg
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I really wish that you didnt have to use a photo sharing website to upload pics, since I am blocked at work....... but my profile pic is without makeup. I dont wear it often. I have really clear skin, rarely have zits, and barring hangovers no bags. I look decent without it. I only wear makeup if I am going out. I like to really look great when me and my bf are out, so that all the other guys see me and know what a lucky *kitten* he is....... and wonder if he won me in a poker game or something.....
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I think people wear or don't wear make up for different reasons so I can't give an explaination as to why other girls may or may not wear make up, but I wear make up because it stops me from feeling as insecure as I do when I wake up in the morning.
    I don't wear as much make up as I used to(foundation, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, blusher, and eyeshadow) but I do wear still quite a bit I suppose(mascara, lip butter/lipstick and bronzer). I used to wear alot of make up because I hated my skin tone, all my friends are well white and I'm not, I'm tanned and I just wanted to fit in.
    I wore make up because I was bullied for being tanned, ironically though she was black. I wore alot of make up because my last ex really put me down about my looks, I needed to cover who I really was because that girl just wasn't good enough.

I don't wear as much now because I feel okayish with parts of my face, and the foundation especially was really screwing up my skin. I have really sensitive skin and have to be careful with the types of products I use.

To the op:you look so so stunning in both, jealous!
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I only wear makeup if I want to, and often do it to make myself feel more comfortable. But I definitely dont feel like I HAVE to wear it. Here is a comparison of no makeup, regular makeup (this is what i normaly wear if i wear anything), and heavy makeup (out for halloween).

6905188272_1439c4ca82.jpg
    Makeup Comparison by emgawne, on Flickr
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    What about those with oily skin?
    In HS I hated make-up and pretty much refused everything, but I always had such oily skin that I would wear a loose powder. Now that I am an adult, I not only like to play with make-up, but I still have oily skin and need to keep it under control. Otherwise, I don't think that I look professional at my job. But I will still go to dinner/movies with my husband or friends with no make-up on.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup because it provides me with an instant confidence boost. I am a fan of looking my best whenever possible ; to me, that includes accentuating my features with eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick.

I am not, however, very fond of the caked-on makeup look.

Without:
    MeandCarter.jpg

With:
    Photo_00016-1-1.jpg
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    I wear makeup mainly because a) blonde eyelashes and b) I look like I am 11 years old otherwise. No joke, our gate guard literally thought I was.

No makeup ( had recently been crying too - so kinda puffy. Hubs was deployed I missed the call)
    july0355.jpg
    Makeup

2010-12-05201005571-1.jpg

Or me as a blonde with makeup (albeit black and white)
    Picture1677-2.jpg

Wow! With or without, you're gorgeous! And your hair kicks major *kitten*!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    A better question is why do men wear makeup?

halloween excluded ;)
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I think either way it's fine. A little bit of make up is like wearing those jeans that make your butt look awesome, it just accentuates what's already there. If you're wearing sweat pants some people may not notice how fantastic your butt is at first glance haha. For me personally it's a confidence thing, some days I need it and some days I don't.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'll play. I don't wear make up often but:

Naked Faced:
    2ekr6nn.jpg

Make Up:
    14cb3if.jpg
    dlly7a.jpg

I don't get hit on either way. Not that I want to be I'm married to a ridiculously gorgeous man.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Love Makeup....thankfully I am not to scary without it because most are use to me having it on all the time...

IMG_3251-1.jpg
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to do this because I never go out in public without makeup anymore, but I thought maybe an older woman's perspective might be in order. Whoever it was that said makeup is used to hide flaws was correct in my case. I never wore makeup when I was younger, but as you age, your lips start to depigment - theshape is still there, but the color gets lost, Your eyelids get a littler puffier and your skin loses that glow of youth. Call me vain, but I prefer to look as good as I can in public. This is me with and without:

NoMakeup.jpgNoMakeup2.jpg
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    no make-up

72730_1217713741160_1778396309_394676_7501678_n.jpg

a little make-up

250329_1383065634854_1778396309_627955_5568455_n.jpg

more make-up

154853_1236443809400_1778396309_423234_6058603_n.jpg

TOO MUCH MAKE-UP MAKE IT STOP

75096_1214986152972_1778396309_389171_2119638_n.jpg
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to do this because I never go out in public without makeup anymore, but I thought maybe an older woman's perspective might be in order. Whoever it was that said makeup is used to hide flaws was correct in my case. I never wore makeup when I was younger, but as you age, your lips start to depigment - theshape is still there, but the color gets lost, Your eyelids get a littler puffier and your skin loses that glow of youth. Call me vain, but I prefer to look as good as I can in public. This is me with and without:

NoMakeup.jpgNoMakeup2.jpg

your hairstyle is fabulous
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I used to know a girl who would not leave the dorms when the fire alarm went off w/out stopping to put on eyeliner and mascara so people wouldn't see her w/out makeup. That's a little unhealthy. I guess for me, I hate that society says we have to have it to look nice. If it's just to feel good and look nice OK. But there's definitely a line. If you CAN'T feel good w/out it, or people can't accept someone w/out it. That's what I don't like about it, societally speaking.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    My wife spends about 20 minutes putting on makeup to appear that she is not wearing makeup. Lover her either way.
  • MrsGoHard
    MrsGoHard Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    it should be made clear that make up does not make you pretty. The women on this forum who posted NMU and WMU pics that are attractive, are attractive in both because they have beautiful SHAPED not shaded faces. And while we're on the subject... I can't STAND when men talk about women who do or don't wear make up because they NEVER know. lol