The Hardships of Beautiful Women

Options

Replies

• mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    ah, I'm glad this has come up again.

Thanks to failblog I noticed that she was interviewed on This Morning and comes across just as arrogant in this interview.

If you wish to see it just head to youtube and search for Samantha Brick This Morning.

It's worth watching if you like to roll your eyes a lot.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Seriously? lol
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Had she not written the article, I would have thought her looks fine, if average; her features may not be perfect, but her face is pleasant enough.

However, after reading the article, I perceive her as ugly.

Attitude really does make a difference.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    to borrow a line from Arrested Development "her?".
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I think the problem is that she's surrounded by petty, insecure women more than that she's just so pretty.

Granted, she's far from unattractive and being tall, thin and blond will open a lot of doors (I bet if her hair were brown, she wouldn't have the same experiences). But I know women as beautiful or moreso than that writer who have no problem maintaining strong friendships with other women.

no, if she were a brown-haired person she would not have these same experiences

any lifetime brunetts/redheads want to change their world for a minute, plop on a blonde wig or some peroxide for a while. it's a total mind-F*@# how different people treat you.

not unlike how they treat you different when you lose a couple hundred lbs

i just got over a year of bleached blonde. already got ignored trying to order a drink from a bar. this will take some re-getting-used-to....

I think it depends on the individual and what they look like. I get far more attention brunette than I did blonde.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Hit up from the tit up.
    I am ashamed to share her first name.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Confidence goes a long way when it comes to the perception of beauty. This woman, though, does not seem confident; she's just arrogant.

And English-women-hater: good work perpetuating the Americans-are-*kitten* stereotype. We needed to shake things up a bit.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Wow! Beautiful, smart, and a mind-reader! This girl has it all!
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    They could have at least picked a beautiful woman for this story... she is kind of ugly and plain in my book
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    They could have at least picked a beautiful woman for this story... she is kind of ugly and plain in my book

They didn't pick her--she picked herself
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

That woman tore her a new one. None of her arguments have any depth.
  • mixedfeelings
    Options

That woman tore her a new one. None of her arguments have any depth.

I do think there is something seriously wrong with her, it does seem like a defence mechanism. She just couldn't understand what they were trying to suggest. I suppose it's easier to believe people don't like you because you are beautiful rather than because your personality sucks.
  • xBeautifulBreakdown
    xBeautifulBreakdown Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Am I being Punk'd?? no, seriously. she is plain looking and ridiculously full of herself. I wish this article was a joke.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

Wow!!! She really doesn't get it does she? She still thinks all the hate mail is due to her looks and not her attitude.

Talk about contradicting yourself! First life is so hard for an uber-hottie because women hate on you all the time, then it's a few isolated incidents over many years... hmmmm.... I'm sure we could all come up with a few times in our lives when someone has hated us for a stupid reason. It happens occasionally and it sucks but what can you do? The thing NOT to do is to assume everyone feels the same way based on a few idiots and then bang on about how "everyone hates me because I'm [insert adjective]". Now everyone hates you because you make insulting assumptions about people... and that's a valid reason.

Way to go love!! First a handful of people disliked you out of jealousy, now a whole boat load of people hate you because you're an arrogant *****!! RESULT!!! :drinker:
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Have you ever been to the UK? I have, several times, and the people over there are not attractive at all. Especially the girls...they don't get manicures, pedicures, eyebrows done...nothing! It's probably because everything is so expensive over there...or because of all the inbreeding. Who knows.

However, I can see her being the most good looking girl out of 1,000...seriously.

My best friend just moved to London and when she is on the train (she is gorgeous by the way), people just gawk at her. And this is her wihout make-up or anything. Good looking people are rare in the UK

You've been watching the Jeremy Kyle show, haven't you? ;)
    I'm sure most American women dont look like those on CSI Miami either
  • mixedfeelings
    Options
    Have you ever been to the UK? I have, several times, and the people over there are not attractive at all. Especially the girls...they don't get manicures, pedicures, eyebrows done...nothing! It's probably because everything is so expensive over there...or because of all the inbreeding. Who knows.

However, I can see her being the most good looking girl out of 1,000...seriously.

My best friend just moved to London and when she is on the train (she is gorgeous by the way), people just gawk at her. And this is her wihout make-up or anything. Good looking people are rare in the UK

:flowerforyou: :drinker:

I really hope you're trolling. I could just as easily turn around and say

"Have you ever been to the USA? I have. Everyone there is either massively fat or looks like a bimbo barbie doll."

Except that I wouldn't say that... Because I'm not a *kitten* who generalises about entire nations based on limited experience.
  • mixedfeelings
    Options

It sounds like you hang around in a rough part then. As a Brit I take offence. They could be just gawking at her for another reason.

We don't really inbreed here, if your shows lead us to believe that does happen quite often in the states. We get shows like Jerry Springer and Cheaters so we do get to see the average American. Just like everywhere there are average people, pretty people and pretty people with ugly insides.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    That woman is a complete laughing stock and after watching that interview on this morning my opinion didn't change. She is the type of woman to be butt naked in the sunday sport next week. She looks like a readers wife to me.

I am all for strong beautiful women. The simple comment ' Women hate me and think there husbands fancy me' Speaks volumes.

Bore off lady :O)
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I seen her on one of the breakfast TV shows and thought " GET A GRIP". She really does live up her own *kitten*!!