What animals did you last see whilst out exercising?

Options

Replies

• PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Oh you guys see all kinds of neat things! I usually only see:
    Grey, Brown, and/or Black squirrels (all of which my dog is obsessed with)
    An opossom every now and then
    birds
    fish when i run by the lake
    other leashed dogs

I'll have to keep my eyes open next time to see if there are any other neat things about :)
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Do out-of-shape fire fighters count? (I work out in a gym at a firehouse).
  • pasturepilot
    pasturepilot Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I saw a pile of hair and bones that was an possum before it and a car crossed ways, a few Canadian geese and that's about it. Then again, this week's running route is all within sight of the Detroit metro airport.
  • Minimooshable
    Options
    Oh mine are boring- a plethera of squirrels and lots of urban foxes! Birds too but I have no idea what they are.
  • chuckmcm
    chuckmcm Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Porcupine wouldn't get out of my path last night, had to bike around it. Then I saw a hare run across my path. No deer or moose last night, although plenty of tracks.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Baby bunnies, deer and beautiful cows when I head out to run past the farms.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    My cat as he sat on the front of my treadmill.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Armadillo!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I saw this beautiful Cougar at the gym. I wanted to go up and pet her but thought better of it.
    I LOL'd! Those are pretty dangerous (or so I've been told)!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I once saw a poor dove fly headlong into the glass while I was running on the treadmill at my apartment gym. D:
  • beautifulbeast11
    beautifulbeast11 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Ohio isn't exactly 'exciting'. In the mornings on the bike path I see 'swarms' of Cardinals. It's nice to see the color!
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I usualy see a handfull of one eyed trouser snakes....:noway:

I need a new route, mine is kinda scetchy!!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I live less than a mile from a preserved wilderness area around part of a major river in my area (but very small compared to, say, the Mississippi :laugh: ). A couple if weeks ago (last time I walked there) I saw a lot of migratory waterfowl, especially Canadian Geese and a pelican, and also a red-winged blackbird. Last summer my family saw a beaver (when I wasn't there :ohwell: ).

Do ants count? There was a whole nest of them on the way home.
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I saw this beautiful Cougar at the gym. I wanted to go up and pet her but thought better of it.

^^^^^ bwah-hahahahaha!

I see typical American suburban animals -- dogs, cats. Usual birds are mourning doves, robins, finches, sparrows. However there is one semi-rural neighborhood I go through that has sheep, goats, and all kinds of game birds/pheasants, plus an albino peacock! That is pretty special.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Several dogs, assorted sparrows, robins, crows, finches, starlings.... bunny roadkill :cry: and a hawk circling overhead.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Around the neighborhood its not much more than the usual dogs...however I often see frogs and toads covering the roads, sometimes they jump where my foot hits the ground! :(
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I go cycling round the new forest so I saw a lot of ponies wandering freely, rabbits, loads of different birds, squirrels, dogs being walked, a few cats. I also saw a bird of prey catch something and land to eat it. I tried to get a closer look, but it flew elsewhere when I simply moved at a distance. I think it was a buzzard or some sort of eagle, as it was pretty large. First time I have seen one close up in the wild.

Apparently there are pigs loose in the forest too, but not come across those yet. I have seen deer in fields not so long ago either. I love being surrounded by nature, and away from the city and other humans.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I saw this guy and 4 manatees.
    1013356r.jpg

I want to live where you are!
  • jreimund
    jreimund Posts: 64
    Options
    The trails I run are right along Truman lake/Lake of the Ozarks, so I see lots! Geese, ducks, fish, deer, snakes, lizards, racoons, opossums, skunks, squirrels, the occasional bald eagle, they have nests all along the bluffs, so pretty...your basic Misssouri wildlife! I love being able to exercise outside! It would be awesome to see a kangaroo or mantatee, guess I'll have to take a vacation and go for runs :)

Oh and there are mountain lions here...that's kinda scary! But I've only seen one from my car!
  • Floridaboiler
    Floridaboiler Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yesterday on my bike ride I saw 1 deer. I have seen up to 10 in one herd. But yesterday it was just the one.