Mayday midriff - Berry's bare belly challenge

Options

Replies

• everytree
    everytree Posts: 127
    Options
    This terrifies me. Seriously. My belly is the reason I joined this site.

Gulp.

Okay I'm in.

I think Im about to have a panic attack! Lol!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Ow, hurty back from kettlebell swings yesterday. It never hurts at the time, but the next day sometimes I turn an juuust the wrong angle and it goes ping :grumble:

I was going to hit the intervals hard today and do resistance training for other body parts, but I think I'd be better off with some swimming just for now.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • helenrs87
    helenrs87 Posts: 34
    Options
    Stick with the kettlebells though! they're sculpting my belly more than anything else I've tried. Extend your stretching regime and stretch your hips and thighs more and have something to prevent cramps. I used to take maxitone definity vitamins which stopped me from getting sore muscles, but I think a nettle tea is almost as good :)
  • BerryH
    Options
    Thanks, will do Helen! I think it shows I've been neglecting my back muscles, especially important to target them if I'm doing more ab work. Talking of which I got up waaaay to early today, but it turns out the gym's open. I feel a cardio mash-up coming on followed by upper body and lower abs. Trying the flutter kicks and scissor kicks in Men's Health this month.
  • snugglesworthjr
    snugglesworthjr Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, my first time joining a challenge on MFP. Alright, abs, game on!
  • BerryH
    Options
    So I pretty much ate for England over the Easter break and barely tracked, BUT I did have the time and energy to work out much longer and harder, and I'm definitely feeling things firm up! Now I've ditched my Marathon training, I was able to try a wider variety of cardio. Boy, I really wasn't challenging myself, it was HARD!
  • UsdiInali
    Options
    >_< ....I'm in... I think?

AHHHHH okay, I GOT DIS!!! XDDD

*CHALLENGE ACCEPTED *
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Didn't do much in the way of toning over the weekend but I am back to it big time now! Berry, the only before belly picture I have is one entitled 'bikini horror' from 2009. No-one except my husband has ever seen it, and I wasn't even at my heaviest. That's going to be my before picture but I have no idea how to upload them onto a forum.... :embarassed:
  • SkinnyPeppa
    SkinnyPeppa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Not long to go...eek! :-)

My problem is that I forget about the challenges I sign up to.... any tips on how I can stay focused?!
  • BerryH
    Options
    Didn't do much in the way of toning over the weekend but I am back to it big time now! Berry, the only before belly picture I have is one entitled 'bikini horror' from 2009. No-one except my husband has ever seen it, and I wasn't even at my heaviest. That's going to be my before picture but I have no idea how to upload them onto a forum.... :embarassed:
    Yay! All you need to know is here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/262875-need-help-adding-pictures-look-here-pic-heavy

In short:
    Upload the picture to Photobucket
    Select the forum link starting Paste it into the thread, changing the starting and ending upper case IMG to lower case img.
  • BerryH
    Options
    Count me in! Not long to go...eek! :-)

My problem is that I forget about the challenges I sign up to.... any tips on how I can stay focused?!
    Click on "My Topics" at least once a day and see what's been updated :smile:
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Thanks Berry x
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Eek ok I'm in lol!
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    My stomach is my biggest problem area, so I'm in, even if its not perfect, its gonna look alot better than it did when I started this journey and will hopefully inspire some other mums to love their bellies, stretch marks, loose skin and all
  • BerryH
    Options
    I'm definitely beginning to see a bit of definition, with a dip under my ribcage and a "cleavage" down the middle. Unfortunately it's currently covered in a layer of lumpy flab, what I like to call "bellulite"! Still, resistance training to reduce my proportion of body fat will help with that in the long run.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I'd love to....but no. Too many scars post babies.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    fteale, be proud of your scars, you look like you're in great shape :)

Berry, thats great! And I love bellulite! lol
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    If I got this belly out, I'd be arrested for indecency :laugh:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/554658-pics-big-belly-after-insanity-and-turbofire-sob
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Not at all... this is my belly when I started on MFP

LoosetheTyre25sq.jpg

I'm happy to say it's not quite as rotund nowadays :happy: