Simple Treats (Share Your Favorites) Keep Them Simple

Options
ImNotThatBob
ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
For a really simple treat, I like to pick and wash seedless grapes, pat them dry with a paper towel and then freeze them.

Frozen grapes make a really wonderful cool sweet treat. Try it. You'll see.

Now, what are your favorite simple treats?

Remember, keep them simple.

Replies

• kristenlees122
    Options
    carrots and hummus. yum.
  • Edumovich
    Edumovich Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin spice muffins

1 box super moist spice cake mix
    1 can pumpkin

mix and fill muffin cups 2/3rds full

bake according to box

84 calories a muffin..........so yummy!!!
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    yogurt and fresh fruit (cantaloupe, pineapple, blueberries)
  • ImNotThatBob
    Options
    This one probably doesn't count, but one way I control my cravings for chocolate and sweets, is to allow myself to indulge in one or two Lindt Dark Chocolate Truffles. Sinfully delicious and only 3g carbs each. If I keep them on hand and allow myself one or two whenever I want, I wind up only eating two or three per week. If I don't have them available, the cravings want to get out of hand!

What do you think. Does this count, or not?
  • ImNotThatBob
    Options

^^^ That, and smoothies. What is it with me and freezing fresh fruit today?!?

That brings up the whole banana issue. Good? or Bad? Where do we stand on bananas? I keep seeing pop-up ads implying that they are "bad for burning belly fat". I like them on occasion especially in smoothies. Good? Bad? Indifferent?
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Baby Carrots with that salty chile powder on them
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    For a really simple treat, I like to pick and wash seedless grapes, pat them dry with a paper towel and then freeze them.

Frozen grapes make a really wonderful cool sweet treat. Try it. You'll see.

Now, what are your favorite simple treats?

Remember, keep them simple.
    I love frozen grapes. I actually have some in the freezer for my snack later tonight:bigsmile: .
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin spice muffins

1 box super moist spice cake mix
    1 can pumpkin

mix and fill muffin cups 2/3rds full

bake according to box

84 calories a muffin..........so yummy!!!
    I am going to have to try that. It sounds delicious:love: .
  • cbh142
    Options
    This one probably doesn't count, but one way I control my cravings for chocolate and sweets, is to allow myself to indulge in one or two Lindt Dark Chocolate Truffles. Sinfully delicious and only 3g carbs each. If I keep them on hand and allow myself one or two whenever I want, I wind up only eating two or three per week. If I don't have them available, the cravings want to get out of hand!

What do you think. Does this count, or not?

I say go for it! I eat a 1/4 cup of plain M&M's a few times a week. As long as you can control your portions you're ok in my book!
  • cbh142
    Options

^^^ That, and smoothies. What is it with me and freezing fresh fruit today?!?

That brings up the whole banana issue. Good? or Bad? Where do we stand on bananas? I keep seeing pop-up ads implying that they are "bad for burning belly fat". I like them on occasion especially in smoothies. Good? Bad? Indifferent?

I eat one almost every day. I kinda don't feel right without my morning banana.
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Fry a sliced banana in a tsp of butter. Delish!
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes sound real good.

Mine is just a popsicle at 45 calories each or a boston cream cake (sugar free).

<3 cantaloupe
  • Lily_1
    Lily_1 Posts: 38
    Options
    Trail Mix. I make my own with raisins, m&m's, almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds sometimes granola.
  • navstone
    navstone Posts: 30
    Options
    what size can pumpkin
  • DirtyOldLady
    Options
    Apple slices with a little sugar-free Jell-o powder sprinkled on. :) You get the taste of candied apples without the guilt.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    1 tsp of nutella....right off the spoon.... gets me through a chocolate craving
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Puree a bunch of cut-up of strawberries. Strain through some cheesecloth or an old t-shirt. Stir in some honey. Freeze for 2-4 hours. Enjoy your delicious, fresh sorbet.

Drizzle balsamic glaze over it for something super amazing! :)
  • nightscare0
    Options
    In place of one cup of boiling water, I mix a 6 oz cup of plain greek yogurt with any sugar-free jello, and cool until set in the fridge. Tastes like a dessert custard. Yummy!
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Yogurt Treat: Mix 6 oz plain fat-free Greek yogurt with ¼ cup canned pumpkin, ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice and 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup.

Apple slices with Nutella or almond butter. Eat plain or roll in oats or granola.
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love frozen grapes! My simple treat of choice for the past few weeks has been a lightly salted wild rice cake with a tablespoon of honey roasted peanut butter; salty and sweet!