Beginners Walking Challenge - Session 2

Options
123457»

Replies

• emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    Is it too late to join this challenge for this week? It does run one week at a time?

I do like to walk since I discovered Leslie Sansone Videos and that I can walk at Target or Wal-Mart (we don't have a nearby Mall :grumble: ).

I've been trying to walk 30-45 minutes several times a week and I could use the extra motivation / accountability.

The challenge actually runs longer - I think 8 or 10 weeks. But jump right in. We usually check in on Fridays with the exercise we did in the last week. Most check in daily too. I love the Leslie Sansone videos too. Welcome!!
  • emmie110
    Options
    ugh! I fell off the "beginners walking challenge" wagon...but I'm back :smile: I went to NC for a vaca and then came home and worked worked worked!
    How's everyone doing?

I'm hoping to get back on track with exercise today. I want to start walking every day again. :flowerforyou: Hope everyone is doing well

Glad you're back! It's been really quiet here. I figure when summer ends people will come back and post more. My daughter has been bugging me to walk in the evenings again, so we'll get back to it tonight.
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Yea, I can't wait until summer ends lol It's just throwing off everything. Ppl are visiting, I'm visiting, fun foods, picnics, etc etc...I'm stuck around the same weight, so I haven't gained a ton of weight back. I did gain some, which stinks, but at least I'm still here trying! :flowerforyou:

I hope everyone has a great day today!
  • ddoan1
    ddoan1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Will you be starting a new challenge, now that August 14th has past? If so, i would like to be part of the walking challenge, it seems to be what i need
  • emmie110
    Options
    Will you be starting a new challenge, now that August 14th has past? If so, i would like to be part of the walking challenge, it seems to be what i need

I didn't even notice that the challenge was supposed to end 8/14. It's been unusually quiet here the last month. I'm up for a new challenge - I wonder how many others are? Anyone who wants to start a 3rd session - chime in. If so, when should we start it?
  • emmie110
    Options
    Oh forgot to say - walked about 1 mile last night with my daughter. UGH - I should've never stopped walking. No wonder I've been so tired lately - I need my exercise.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi- 5 miles for me today. I'm on a 4 mile one day 5 miles the next schedule. Go walkers- Go walkers... Cindy :heart:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    yes lets do it

walked/jogged for about a half hour...not sure how far, but I feel like it may have been a mile
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    This is just what I need. I would love to join the Walking Session #3!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

I'll go for a new challenge. Start any time.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    stratdl what do you think about starting a new session? You're the one who started the beginners walking challenge :happy: I think it would be great to start a fresh session
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    When somebody starts a new session, would they please post the link here? Thanks so much!

Just got back from a 35 minute walk pusing a stroller, was great!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Just did my 4 miles for the day. Have fun walkers. :flowerforyou: Cindy :heart:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    just got back from a 30 min walk/jog/run :happy:

Stay motivated! :flowerforyou:
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone:flowerforyou: my name is Rosemary. I usually stay on the 50 and over thread, but I thought I would check out a walking challenge. I am 54 , 5' 3" and have been walking and dieting since June 1, 2009. My favorite DVD is Leslie Sansone. Right now I am walking on my lunch break and doing the 4 mile fast walk /10 day challenge in the evenings. Some days I do "A Total Body Workout" which is Kick Boxing. When the weather cools down I will start walking outside in the evenings again. My walking buddy and I were doing 2 to 4 miles until it got so hot.:mad: Hope everyone has a wonderful evening, and remember to :drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink that water. ( I usually drink between 4 and 5 16 oz bottles of water a day) Hope you let me join your challenge, Rosemary
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    stratdl what do you think about starting a new session? You're the one who started the beginners walking challenge :happy: I think it would be great to start a fresh session

Well, to be perfectly honest with you, it was SpunkieMunkie who started the first Beginners Walking Challenge. I just started the thread for Session 2. :flowerforyou:

As far as a new thread for Session 3, I think that's a splendid idea! I've had to take a bunch of time off due to the resurgence of my Achilles tendonitis (and fear that it might end up developing into plantar fascitis). I am intending to slowly work back into working out with a variety of things so that I don't overuse that darned Achilles tendon!

Shall we start the new session on Sunday or tomorrow?
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Saturday or Sunday - either one works for me!

Lets get this party started! :smile:
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I love walking outside. Never did before and now the doctors says it's okay and the best thing for me.

So when the kids start back to school on Tuesday I am going to drop them off and hopefully walk a couple of miles. I need a pedometer. I have one and can't figure out how to work it.

kcwriter over and out:smile:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    When somebody starts a new session, would they please post the link here? Thanks so much!

You got it!!!

I started Session 3's thread. You can find it here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/63934-beginners-walking-challenge-session-3

Cheers! :drinker:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Thanks Deborah!!!!