Why a Cheat Day is a misnomer

Options

Replies

• jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    how about we not let this website become another facebook? where everybody voices their issues and oppositions to other people's opinions and how they live their life?

That person's "cheat day" is affecting you how???
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I drank beer this weekend. I also ate some chinese food yesterday. And I worked out and stayed within my calorie limits. So what do I call that? Because I don't think eating things I enjoy or drinking a few beers is considered "regressing" or a "lapse" or whatever if I'm consistent with my calories and weight loss.

I went to Vegas for 4 days and I guess you could say "regressed" with champagne and crappy food, and guess what, I lost a pound that week. I have allowed myself to enjoy the things I like IN MODERATION and I have had ZERO stall in my weight loss. No plateaus, nothing. So instead of looking at it as "cheating" on your diet, look at it as just eating things that might not be super healthy for you in moderation while sticking to your goals. That's what I've done, and I've been SO much happier (and more successful) than every time I've said "no more of that beer/pizza/chinese food/barbecue/etc ever!" What's so bad about that?
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Off topic, my mental picture of callmeBAM is a guy hunched over his keyboard with teeth clinched, typing furious responses, which I hope is completely wrong. I'd rather that he is leaning back, relaxed, smiling, and having fun with this. Now, I should get back to work.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    how about we not let this website become another facebook? where everybody voices their issues and oppositions to other people's opinions and how they live their life?

I think this is my favorite post.....
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options

Several of you are using the term cheat to describe something you plan for, which is the opposite of what I am talking about.

Wow you must be a real blast to be around. So spontaneous. <can you hear my eyes rolling>
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    YOU'LL HAVE TO PRY MY CHEAT DAYS FROM MY COLD FAT HANDS
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Well after 34 months and losing 305 lbs. while having a couple CHEAT MEALS! a week (Good Lord who cares if it is the proper definition of what it is that I am doing) but I work my butt off every week and stay true to my eating plan and exercise and randomly pick a day or two a week to go out have some pizza and ice cream or a big ole loaded baked potato with a 20+ oz Prime Rib or Kill a couple boats of BW3 wings and some onion rings.... regardless to what you want to call it, I think I will stick with my Cheat Meals!! here and there cause they certainly haven't hurt my weightloss...... Cheers!!!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    You're so self-righteous it makes me nauseous. Get over yourself.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

I love you sooooo much!
  • 19danno77
    19danno77 Posts: 84
    Options
    MFP doesn't have anything for cat meat...there's a homemade Cat's Potroast recipe and Crispy Cat peanut butter but I wager both are safely feline free. Lot's of cat fish items as well but that's a cat that's pilfered the neighbor's Koi I think you'll have to estimate your cat's calories if you end up eating it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Wow, is that what your FB page is like? I'd start dropping some FB 'friends".
  • 19danno77
    19danno77 Posts: 84
    Options
    Well after 34 months and losing 305 lbs. while having a couple CHEAT MEALS! a week (Good Lord who cares if it is the proper definition of what it is that I am doing) but I work my butt off every week and stay true to my eating plan and exercise and randomly pick a day or two a week to go out have some pizza and ice cream or a big ole loaded baked potato with a 20+ oz Prime Rib or Kill a couple boats of BW3 wings and some onion rings.... regardless to what you want to call it, I think I will stick with my Cheat Meals!! here and there cause they certainly haven't hurt my weightloss...... Cheers!!!

Holy $hi+ dude, congratulations, I haven't seen a total this impressive here yet! Cheat away because clearly it's working!
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Obvious troll is obvious.:ohwell:
  • jpuderbaugh
    Options

Wow, is that what your FB page is like? I'd start dropping some FB 'friends".

No, my facebook page is not like that. Facebook pages in general are like that. If a picture is posted on a page I like, and I click on it, far too often people are bickering back and forth horribly over stupid petty crap. It's just plain ridiculous. I don't understand why people "like" things just so they have access to them to bash them and everybody who supports the page. Is their life really that boring that they have to create drama, or do they just grow a pair because they aren't face to face with the person so therefore can't get punched?!
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It would be a good time to lighten the heck up
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Agreed!! :drinker: I'm gonna have to cheat on this thread with a better, younger, more interesting thread.
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    i don't see anything wrong with the OP. having days where you completely give in to temptation and justifying it because it makes you feel better is counterproductive. there are ways to enjoy food without overindulgence.

people act like having self control means you are a cold fish.
  • jpuderbaugh
    Options
    i don't see anything wrong with the OP. having days where you completely give in to temptation and justifying it because it makes you feel better is counterproductive. there are ways to enjoy food without overindulgence.

People on here are having success with letting go for one day. It is a great stress factor making sure you fit exercise in, and eat the right foods when you are just starting out. To some people it comes naturally. Others it does not and they need a day to not think about it. Everybody is different. Isn't it better to let go for one day than to give up for a few months?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Who implied anything even close to that?
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options

Seems to me that there are a lot people on this thread who have lost a lot of weight who can attest to the fact that "off days", "cheat days", "I eat whatever the eff I want" days work for their bodies. It takes self-control to only do it once a week or month. I don't think about what I"m eating on my cheat day. That's the point. I can have a bit of what I want without having to worry about making it fit in my calories for the day. It's not counterproductive for me. It may be for others.