Chocolates on sale everywhere! What did you get?

Options

Replies

• AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Where are you at in the world, that they still have Oh Henry's????? I loved them but haven't seen them since I was a little girl!!!

Canada. From what I understand, there are quite few chocolates here that America does not have (and vice versa). For example, people in America told me they've never had Coffee Crisp, which I think is a decent chocolate bar.
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm avoiding Walmart!

I did get ahold of a few chocolate bunnies and Reeses Eggs on Easter though.. dang it!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a lot of time to stop by the store today. I'm pretty picky about my chocolates though, so if there wasn't anything really good available, I probably would have been bummed.
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    The store I work at put all the Easter candy 50% off yesterday 4 big buggies full....... I walked right passed them Yay Me!!! I love chocolate and pizza... it was not easy :) Threw in Pizza cuz that's what I had for dinner ;)
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    As a NSV I purchased none.
  • jennifer783
    jennifer783 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have no self control. If that was all in my cupboard, it would be gone in a week. I am pathetic.

Meeee toooooo!!! :laugh:
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    NOT A THING-- I am so proud of myself
  • elri1908
    elri1908 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Got some 72% dark chocolate chunks - put 2 in my mouth last night (while logging them at the same time) and when I saw the amount of calories I'm consuming I promptly took them out of my mouth, and fed them to the dog! Today the tin of chocolate is going out the door!
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    4 small bags for my grandkids
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    NOTHING!!!!!!! HA!!!!!!! :tongue:
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have no willpower when it comes to chocolate. None at all
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Got some 72% dark chocolate chunks - put 2 in my mouth last night (while logging them at the same time) and when I saw the amount of calories I'm consuming I promptly took them out of my mouth, and fed them to the dog! Today the tin of chocolate is going out the door!

I take it your dog survived the chocolate - but be careful with that! http://www.dogownersdigest.com/news/library/chocolate-dog-poisoning.shtml
  • Brennaohh
    Brennaohh Posts: 47
    Options
    I thought this was a dieting site???

So we can't have easter candy if we are on a diet? Sounds like hell.

Also this is MyFITNESSpal. Not MyFATLOSSpal

Chocolate contains sugar, which makes you fat and maybe will kill you. Didn't you watch the 60 Min special with the esteemed Dr Lustig?

You forgot to mention that its poisonous and also causes cancer.

I want to go pick up some cadbury eggs. Did anyone try the chocolate creme ones? They sound like they are either awesome, or disgusting. Maybe after the gym tonight. Or maybe I'll get some BEFORE the gym so I can eat one while I work out.

eating chocolate while working out...thatd be quitea sight at the gym! :laugh:
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Where are you at in the world, that they still have Oh Henry's????? I loved them but haven't seen them since I was a little girl!!!

You can buy 'em online if you're itching for a fix. Just Google them
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Went back to walmart xD Found these! Could not resist.

Taken from my car xD
    FxCam_1334019554572.jpg
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    @AeolianHarp - In Canada, do you have all the really good English candies like Crunchie, Flake, Curly Wurly, Smarties, Walnut Whip Fruit Pastilles etc. etc.?
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I didn't buy anything, but my boyfriend's stepmom got me a Dove chocolate Fairy Bunny! Slowly eating over the next few days, so yummy! :)
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Went back to walmart xD Found these! Could not resist.

Taken from my car xD

Wow. Those sounds insanely awesome. Let me know how it is.
    @AeolianHarp - In Canada, do you have all the really good English candies like Crunchie, Flake, Curly Wurly, Smarties, Walnut Whip Fruit Pastilles etc. etc.?

Crunchie and Smarties are in all the stores. The other ones, such as Curly Wurly and Flake, are in select stores. I used to live in Wales, so Flake was common sight for me. It's a bit more (50 cents) than regular chocolate bars but there isn't anything else quite like it. If there's one thing I wish was here that I ate religiously as a child in Wales is Walker's Prawn and Cocktail crisps. Honestly, I was at the England airport and I ate two bags since I couldn't take any on board with me.
  • millikenhomeschool
    Options
    Nothing!! I was SOOO proud of myself!!

I was at Walmart today to buy ingredients for my husbands birthday cake. I figured I was going to blow the calories with the cake and dinner. As well, I have absolutely no self-control when there is candy around so I managed to stay away from their sale stuff. I too was proud of myself.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    NOTHING edible, empty plastic eggs cause i filled all of ours with candy and let the neighbors kids have a easter egg hunt so goodbye to all our candy. teeheehee