Does anyone else just not sweat?

Options

Replies

• LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    It would be interesting to know how many of us, none sweaters have low BP, I know I do! :smile:

Ooh, I do too! Didn't think of that.

Well, wait, do you mean low like as in a health issue? My BP is considered healthy, just on the very low end of what's normal.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Serious question - Do you drink enough water?
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I hate you! I could be doing a Prowler Sprints or a 1 mile jog; after 10 minutes at most, I'm sweaty.
  • Kenzieb07
    Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I used to think I didn't sweat - then I started doing Turbo Fire and am completely drenched at the end of every workout...
    When I run, I barely sweat except at the nape of my neck!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    It would be interesting to know how many of us, none sweaters have low BP, I know I do! :smile:

Interesting. Yup I do! I actually had to hold of on my normal cardio for a while because of anemia.heart murmur and such

Also have Low BP! Have to increase my sodium xD
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options

Mine usually runs about 107/67
  • davitalynette
    davitalynette Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yea.. I am a sweaty beast lol
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning mine is 80/60 after a good workout it might be 106/72. I asked the Dr. when is low, too low? He asked if I was passing out lol! So nope it's not a health issue! Doc told me to increase sodium too!
  • kris523sydney
    Options
    I never sweat! I did a half marathon last year and did not sweat at all. I also have low blood pressure.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning mine is 80/60 after a good workout it might be 106/72. I asked the Dr. when is low, too low? He asked if I was passing out lol! So nope it's not a health issue! Doc told me to increase sodium too!

I actually have had fainting spells because of it! All tgis "avoid sodium like its the devil" was completely backwards for me! xD
  • pinto_bean
    pinto_bean Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I find that the better hydrated I am, the more I sweat (derp, right?). I love a good, tshirt-soaking sweat, so I try to drink 2-3 liters a day.

Also, when I'm working out regularly, I turn into a sweaty mess almost immediately into my workout. If my workouts are few and far between, it takes much longer before the sweat gets going.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I don't sweat much. I started hot yoga recently and being in a 115 degree room while doing power yoga seems to be the only time I sweat.

this^ and you'll get your sweat on. 115 is HIGH... usually hot yoga or Bikram is set anywhere from 100-107.
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    I wish I had this problem! Doesn't take much at all for me to sweat and it drives me nuts! i mean I know it's a good thing to sweat, but it runs in my family and the women on my moms side all do it, but mostly from the hairline around the face! I sweat in other spots too especially when I workout, but the hairline thing is extremely annoying!
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because you don't drink a lot of water. If I start a morning workout and haven't had any water, I won't sweat. If halfway through I start drinking, I get all gross and sweaty. It's weird.
  • pandasand
    pandasand Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have always sweated a lot, except when I was severely underweight for 4 months.
  • ktlou91
    ktlou91 Posts: 4
    Options
    I either don't sweat much at all (usually on my forehead) Or sweat the house into a swimming pool... It's a bit odd. ha
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Drink more water, (joking). I was that way for a long time, now I sweat buckets, actually thought something was wrong with me until I researched the issue and found that each person is different in how there body regulates body temperature. Indoors in the winter when I either do Spin or hit the Versa-Climber I've actually had to stop and change clothes after an hour. Outdoors when I ride it is not such a problem, it mostly evaporates and I'm left with crystal salt formations down my face.

yay! another fan of the versaclimber... i sweat so much on that machine that even my forearms are sweaty :laugh:

i tend to sweat buckets. what's interesting is that now my body seems to know when i've entered the gym its time to start sweating.

the only time i dont sweat during a workout is when i've barely increased my heart rate.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    SO jealous. I sweat buckets.
  • Aèlis18118360
    Options
    I never sweat. Maybe it is because my body temperature is usually between 94.1 and 95 F (34.5 / 35 C).
  • DesertMermaid29
    DesertMermaid29 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I dont sweat either, I ran 4 miles the other day, and nothing. I also was running right after easter so I had a ton of makeup on, it was like I never went running at all. insane.