Tuna

Options

Replies

• dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Omgosh! Wow!! Thank you for all the suggestions!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Some italian seasoning and a little olive oil... Or I do what sidesteal does, use a very small amount of mayo and add some mustard
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I use dill relish and Light Miracle Whip (very low in calories) I don't like Mayo...but tuna is the only thing I use it in and I use a very small amount.
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    I don't know your exact reasons for ditching the mayo, but I'm wondering if you looked into kraft's mayo with olive oil. The calories are lower (45), and it doesn't have any saturated fat. It tastes great and doesn't have a weird texture or anything like that.

Isn't all mayonnaise made with olive oil? Olive oil and eggs?
  • MintMilk
    MintMilk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love tuna, it's full of proteins and very satiating!
    I eat it with light cottage cheese, basilic, and mustard or balsamic vinegar. Delicious! ^^
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    A splash or two of Tabasco sauce or a tsp of Sweet Chilli Dipping sauce.
  • Sheriemae
    Sheriemae Posts: 248
    Options
    I eat it plain or with 1 Tbsp Light Miracle Whip
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I usually mix mayo in with my tuna. In an attempt to reduce the amount of mayo I've been adding lemon juice. I'd like to get rid of mayonaise completely. What do you mix your tuna with??

I don't mix it with anything, but instead eat it as is with oregano, lime juice, avocado, and anything else I find that would be good. Here's just one of my many tuna creations.. Quick and healthy lunch!

http://www.thehungrytuna.com/2012/03/edamame-hummus-tuna-wrap.html
  • Lorlei25
    Lorlei25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Light miracle whip with lots of chopped onion, celery and sweet pickles. Or I like it on chopped lettuce, tomatoes, peppers with light Italian dressing, only need a little bit! Yum, now I want tuna!
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    But while we're on the subject of tuna... For you sushi lovers (myself included), it's probably a good idea to stay away from the raw stuff for a bit.

Salmonella outbreak sickens 90; sushi, specifically spicy tuna rolls, eyed as possible culprit

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/salmonella-outbreak-sickens-90-sushi-eyed-culprit-article-1.1055939?localLinksEnabled=false&fb_source=message
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Kikkoman's teriyaki or HP sauce or honey mustard.
  • michmill98
    Options
    I do half mayo and half plain Greek yogurt. Or, I will drain the tuna, add just enough extra virgin olive oil to bind and mix in minced red onion and chopped kalamata olives.

I also do the extra virgin olive oil, red onion, olives and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice!
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    -lemon juice, sugar free relish, salt and pepper is good for a really fresh taste, and is great served on iceberg lettuce
    -laughing cow cheese wedges
    -laughing cow cheese with salsa

I don't know your exact reasons for ditching the mayo, but I'm wondering if you looked into kraft's mayo with olive oil. The calories are lower (45), and it doesn't have any saturated fat. It tastes great and doesn't have a weird texture or anything like that.
    Kraft also has fat free now in the red jar, won't miss the taste of regular mayo! Fat free mayo, yellow mustard, sweet relish, onion...
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My last tuna concoction consisted of tuna (obv), chopped plum tomato, chopping red onion, avocado, chopped spinach, white balsamic vinegar, and mustard.

Delish.com
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Isn't all mayonnaise made with olive oil? Olive oil and eggs?

Most of the popular brands typically just use soybean oil.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    balsamic vinaigrette (it's 15 cals for tbsp) and raisins :)
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I usually mix mayo in with my tuna. In an attempt to reduce the amount of mayo I've been adding lemon juice. I'd like to get rid of mayonaise completely. What do you mix your tuna with??

mustard
    onions
    peppers
    tomatoes
    pepper
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I chop whatever veggies I have in the house and mix with a tsp. of light mayo and about a tbls. of dijon mustard.
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    Nanko roasted garlic rice vinegar. Just a little though Its SOOO GOOD!!
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I like to mix mine with relish and a little bit of horseradish.

^^Yum~Me too