What kind of milk do you drink?

Options

Replies

• lchovet
    lchovet Posts: 68
    Options
    Raw milk directly from a local farmer :)

Agreed

Ditto
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I keep switching between Organic 2% and whole milk. I don't really care much for the fat % in milk. It's pretty negligible in comparison to the fat I get from other foods. :o)
  • lucky2too
    lucky2too Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk.. I'm lactose intolerant and now I have 'milk' again:drinker: .
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

Agreed

Ditto

Yup. And my farmer delivers fresh off the family farm. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Light Chocolate Silk :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    i drink blue diamond almond breeze. Its an almond milk coconut milk blend. Is very tasty and full of healthy fats and only 60 calories a cup. Half the calories of 2 percent milk that I used to use

It couldn't have much fat at only 60 calories.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Agreed

Ditto

Yup. And my farmer delivers fresh off the family farm. :heart: :heart: :heart:

/jealous of all of you. :tongue:

2% moo-juice for me, though I'll occasionally play around with the non-dairy milks. Of those, Silk Dark Chocolate soy milk tastes heavenly and is the only non-dairy milk that I'll drink straight.

My biggest problem right now is finding a good carrier for my protein shakes when I need to cut out some of the calories (otherwise I just do milk, or a milk-water mix). I can't do water, because it makes them taste like crap, and I prefer to enjoy what I consume. I found So Delicious regular coconut milk gives it a nice thick and creamy texture, but it's got a lot of carbs and very little protein in it, and I've been trying to rebalance my macros.

Soy milk has been a good balance of protein and calories, but I've been hearing a lot on the "dangers of soy," so I'm trying to find out more on that.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Skim Milk
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I drink almond milk, coconut milk, or hemp milk!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I love milk. 1% for me.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    I was drinking 2% but when I started MFP, I switched to vanilla soy milk. I liked that one pretty well until the day came for some mashed potatoes...the thought of vanilla soy in my mashed potatoes was not appealing so back to 2%. I found 2% tasted better in my ceral as well.
  • lbrsmom
    lbrsmom Posts: 18
    Options
    I drink 2%. for 8 oz it is 120 calories.
    Give me real milk! :)
  • tlafrance
    tlafrance Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I drink Hood Calorie Countdown 2% Milk
    8 oz. is 70 calories :wink:
  • jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Silk Coconut Milk and sometimes Silk Lite Chocolate Soy.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    We have drank 2% since our daughter was a baby. We could not afford to buy whole milk and 2% so we just bought one kind.
  • MrsMrtz
    MrsMrtz Posts: 73
    Options
    Almond milk! I love almond milk and you get more calcium from it and lower fat.

this.
  • phoenix220
    phoenix220 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just discovered Silk's coconut milk which is low in fat and high in calcium and is lactose free. It is so delicious! Only 80 calories per serving.
  • margeauxhunt
    Options
    Lactofree brand.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    to drink with my oreos? Skim milk.

To have with my Special K Red Berries or Kashi, Unsweetened vanilla almond milk. om nom nom
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Fat free lactose free