Do women not look at the toilet first...

Options

Replies

• turlykerd1
    turlykerd1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    just as much effort to always leave the seat up :)
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna take the women's side in this one for a few reasons:

1) I live with a wife and a daughter - thus I am outnumbered.

2) I tend to sit when I pee during the night so as to reduce the chances of waking my daughter at some ungodly hour - she seems to be part bat and can hear pee hitting the toilet water from 1,000 yards in high winds and once she's up she's up for the duration and no one really wants that .

3) In the dark I don't look which means

a) if I have left the sat up I will get uncomfotably close to the water, I have never fallen in...yet
    b) if my daughter has left her potty seat on there i will smash my nuts on Dora
    c) if my wife was feeling petty and closed the top ON my daughter's potty seat, something will get broken...probably me

4) It's not that big of a deal to put it down.
  • annamc18
    annamc18 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    How do you fall in b/c the seat is up? Shouldn't you look AT the toilet as you're walking to it?

I've never understood the whole "I fall in if the seat isn't left down" argument.

however, when the gf is in town, I do leave the seat down b/c it's polite. But I've never understood the arguments.

haha your post reminds me of a very recent episode of South Park!

(I hope I'm not the only one who knows what I'm talking about - lol!)
  • Multistyles
    Multistyles Posts: 167
    Options
    Of course they don't they back into the toilet backwards and cross they're fingers : )
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    When it's dark, and we are sleepily stubbling into the bathroom, We don't look. Thus our *kitten* goes in the toilet, and the water is very cold... PLUS yall pee on the rim, and we sit in it.

BINGO! It's only happened to me once and it was in the middle of the night. Nasty beyond words.
  • BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am 100% on your side here. And do they not look as they leave it??? You wouldn't believe what I have to clean after other women at work use the restroom. CHECK before and after people!!!!!!!!!!! Gross. lol

So.....why cant the guys look as they leave and make sure the dang seat is down. like really? nothing to do with male and female just respect. its like people forgot how to be polite. Sheesh
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    The perfect solution to this problem: Get a dog. Then, to keep him from drinking outta the terlet, both genders will close the entire lid.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I actually have to agree with the OP on this one. It seems to be unfair to consider men rude for leaving the seat up. I don't mind if you leave the seat up, but please do not pee on it. I prefer not to have to clean up after you.
  • Shannonbayer
    Shannonbayer Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The seat AND lid should be down for flushing. Seriously have you seen how far the spray goes?! :sick:

Also... this was the ONLY advantage I've found to being obese. My butt isn't small enough to get wet if the seat is left up! :wink:
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I am happy that my husband always puts it down. He says it is the polite thing to do. I appreciate that. There is nothing like walking in the bathroom with the lights off in a half sleep and splashing into cold water. :frown: When I visit my family I always have to double check the seat.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    When it's dark, and we are sleepily stubbling into the bathroom, We don't look. Thus our *kitten* goes in the toilet, and the water is very cold... PLUS yall pee on the rim, and we sit in it.
    lol ^^ This..........men have horrible aim...and it's just disgusting to not put the seat down for us ladies...especially when we are groggy in the middle of the night!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Exactly what I was thinking... I don't have a problem falling in when I'm wide awake... it's when I'm still, for all intents and purposes, sleeping... only to be woken up with a wet butt.
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Never fallen in but - Put the cover down! I'm super paranoid that I'm going to drop something in there!!
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    How do you fall in b/c the seat is up? Shouldn't you look AT the toilet as you're walking to it?

I've never understood the whole "I fall in if the seat isn't left down" argument.

however, when the gf is in town, I do leave the seat down b/c it's polite. But I've never understood the arguments.

I agree. Except where the middle of the night tinkle is concerned. I never open my eyes at all when I get up in the middle of the night. If I do open my eyes, sleep is done! During the day, it would never happen. :smile:

ETA: Good thing my guys are trained well. Middle of the night wet butt would = whole house up!!!
  • icewindfirex
    Options
    I fell in once when I was five.

.........That was so horrible I've checked since D:
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    In the middle of the night I don't turn on the light so as not to fully wake...

Men really will look to shift blame in the great toilet seat debate. We sit all the time, and you sit some of the time. More sitting is done than standing therefore the seat should stay down.

God forbid the woman drives the car and doesn't move the seat back and you bang your knees. THAT is totally unacceptable, but it's all our responsibility to make sure our vaginas stay out of the damn toilet water.

:noway:

Hey, I do my part when the gf is around. I leave it down when I'm done. But, if you're falling in, figure out why. Turn the light on.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    lol ^^ This..........men have horrible aim...and it's just disgusting to not put the seat down for us ladies...especially when we are groggy in the middle of the night!

explain how it's disgusting for you to not pay attention to where you're parking that thing? lol
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    I have kids. One that has only been potty trained for half a year. I HAVE to look at the toilet before I sit down. I do it no matter where I go. Plus, my family loves to play pranks. Gotta make sure I'm not going to end up peeing all over myself or getting powder all over my @ss lol.

My adorable dad and boy cousins decided it would be hilarious to do that while they were all at my house on Christmas Eve. He put shrink wrap on the toilet and left the lid up. I stumbled in unbelievably plastered after a night of festivities and sat down to pee. At that point I didn't care the lid was up and I wasn't going to put it down. When you open the faucet after a night of drinking, you go every 15 minutes :laugh: You can imagine what happened next! I didn't check for the lid as much as I checked for shrink wrap after that lol
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I always put the seat back up at my BFs house.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Speaking of chivalry, one of my bffs once said "b*tch, you touch that door handle and I will cut your fingers off" in reference to opening the door of a cab.

... I love my friends.