What is everyones daily calorie goal?

Options

Replies

• dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    My TDEE varies from 3000 to 5000 per day.

so my net could be anywhere from 2500 to 4500 per day.
  • babyblooeyes
    babyblooeyes Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    BMR: 1450
    TDEE:2920.8
    Goal: 2100 calories per day
  • Lilith47
    Lilith47 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    BMR: 1440
    TDEE: 2220

Cal goal on MFP 1640 , but I usually go over a bit ;) tried the 1200 for two weeks, not good ...
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    What in the world.... why are so many people eating below their BMR?

If you're exercing and, you know, living, you really REALLY need to be eating more than your BMR.

BMR = The calories your body needs to survive just lying there doing absolutely nothing.
    I know. Its concerning how many people are openly starving thenselves past the point of what their organs need to live...Im pretty sure a lot of then are oblivious to the fact they arent eating enough. Its scary. All they need to do is look at all the skinnies who are eating much more then dead people
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    What in the world.... why are so many people eating below their BMR?

If you're exercing and, you know, living, you really REALLY need to be eating more than your BMR.

BMR = The calories your body needs to survive just lying there doing absolutely nothing.
    Probably because MFP lets them and doesn't warn or anything... It really should calculate out BMR and issue an informative warning, if nothing else, for when people are shooting so high as to eat below their it.

I'm giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, here... I *hope* nobody would knowingly, purposely, strive to net below their BMR...

Yeah, this is why I made this thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/557397-mfp-warning-about-eating-under-bmr
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Lots of sad in this thread :frown:

BMR calculated by MFP: 1320
    BMR calculated with lean body mass: 1378
    TDEE: 1780 net (typically 2000-2800 gross with exercise)
    Goal during weight loss: 1530 net
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    BMR- 1467

Daily goal- 1740
  • btm03
    btm03 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am completely confused. My BMR is 1419, but my daily goal according to MFP is 1200. Everyone else's BMR is higher than their daily goal?!?! Someone please explain this to me and let me know what number I should be using?
  • kpb16
    kpb16 Posts: 7
    Options
    BMR: 1414

Goal: 1410
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I am completely confused. My BMR is 1419, but my daily goal according to MFP is 1200. Everyone else's BMR is higher than their daily goal?!?! Someone please explain this to me and let me know what number I should be using?

MFP set you 1200 , based on the info you put in, and the goals you set.

It does not take into account your BMR - the only limit it sets is a lower limit of 1200.

if you want to know more about BMR and TDEE have a look here - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/512956-tdee-what-is-it-and-why-you-should-not-eat-below-your-bmr?
  • ACB42
    ACB42 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    BMR = ~1250
    Goal = 1375 net (eating back my exercise calories, so more like 1500 - 1600 total consumed on those days)

Inching UP my daily goal as I go, trying to find the max that I can eat and still lose 0.5 lb / week. I am content with the slower pace.

(I am 5'1", started with 30 pounds to lose, and have 19 to go. I have my settings at "sedentary" because my basic activity level varies widely from day-to-day -- hence the inching upward.)

If you're eating below your BMR, you are punishing your body unnecessarily!
  • agrzybow
    agrzybow Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I set my goal to losing 1/2 lb. a week (that was recommended to me by a doctor), and so my calorie goal is 1480/day. I usually eat back some of my work out calories. I can't help it. I feel dizzy if I don't.

Edit: I just updated my weight, and now it is saying my goal is 1440/day.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

Take a look at my numbers. They seem hard to swallow but I am willing to do it. Just need some guidance.

I am 5'9" tall, weigh 292lbs. I am now doing Insanity workout 6 days a week.

TDEE: 3942
    BMR: 2514
    Goal seems to be 3000 (guessing Insanity is 500 calories) calories.

That just seems to be so much food.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My BMR is somewhere around 1300-1400 calories.. I used to eat ~1275/day until I learned about TDEE. Now I shoot for 1800 on non workout days and ~2000 when I do work out. Lot more satisfying, I'll give you that!
  • sailorgirl4561
    sailorgirl4561 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am stuck on this, I had to change my calorie goal to 1400 because 1200 was not enough and even with working out I am still going to bed hungry and end up with extra calories by the end of the day. I am not sure what to do in my case since i exercise some days and not others and am still trying to get in the habit of exercising more and drinking water but this hard if you feel like you go to bed hungry most nights. Do you guys think I should raise my calorie count? Also I am still trying to cut out processed foods but that has been tough, on a side not I have had a fatty liver so I tend to stick to a low fat diet as to not have this happen again.
  • amZhn
    amZhn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bmr = 1392
    calorie goal = use to be 1000 or less. i was losing alot of weight then realised i was putting my body into starvation mode and only losing muscle. so last week i upped it to 1200 and sometimes im a bit over so around 1300-500 :) havent weighed myself since but hopefully i lose fat instead of muscle.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My BMR according to MFP is 1772.
    MFP has also set my intake to 1330.

Okay, so I am a bit confused....are we supposed to be eating MORE than our BMR or less....for weight loss?

You are supposed to eat at least your BMR. How much did you set yourselve to lose at in MFP per week?

I'm set to lose 2 pounds a week. When I am following the plan (I've been struggling with that lately), I usually lose more than 2 a week though.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I know. Its concerning how many people are openly starving thenselves past the point of what their organs need to live...Im pretty sure a lot of then are oblivious to the fact they arent eating enough. Its scary. All they need to do is look at all the skinnies who are eating much more then dead people

I'm not trying to sound dumb, just making sure I understand: so if you eat below BMR, EVEN if that is OVER 1200--then is still considering starving yourself?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

I'm not trying to sound dumb, just making sure I understand: so if you eat below BMR, EVEN if that is OVER 1200--then is still considering starving yourself?

No. But you will force your metabolism to go slower. Not because the body thinks it's starving, but if it wants to spend 1500 calories for the BMR functions of life, and you only give it 1200 to work with, something isn't going to be done. That is slowing down.

Want to lose weight faster or slower than needed? Both being in a safe range mind you, not talking crazy weight loss.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Wait...why is everyone eating below their metabolic rate?!?!?
    Are we creating an army of Skinny Fat people?!?!?

TDEE is what you eat under to lose fat.
    BMR is what you eat under to lose lean mass.

I think 95% of them are confused!