Options

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    BMR: 1660
    Goal: 1500

Lately I am eating around 1100.
    That number is starting to seem high to me.
    Body image issues. :(

If you have been eating at 1100, or even NET'ing at 1100, for awhile and are not hungry, then your BMR is no where near 1660, it is under 1100.

And yes, you can suppress it further! And you'll be eating at maintenance again eventually, no matter how low you try to go.

You've got the wrong direction in mind.
  • kympauls
    kympauls Posts: 2
    Options
    Myfitnesspal tells me to eat around 1200/day. Seems low. Is it ok to be over? Im only trying to lose 4 lbs.

where do I find my TDEE?
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    TDEE: 2574
    BMR: 1890
    Goal: 1824-2074 (non-workout vs. workout day)

1390 that MFP had me hungry and caused my scale to freeze. So after logging on vacation where I definitely exceeded that amount and did not gain any weight, I decided I have nothing to lose by upping my calories. I'm increasing my workouts from 30 mins to 60 mins on average as well. And I will be adding in about 30 mins of elliptical to work on these flabby bat-wing arms. The front is toned, the back is "oooh-lawdy".
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Myfitnesspal tells me to eat around 1200/day. Seems low. I am always going to be over.

Actually, you told MFP by selecting sedentary (whether true or not) and 2 lbs weight loss, or you barely have anything to lose and even 1lb would do that, or even 1/2 lb.

1200 is their safety zone, no matter your choice, they stop there.

And you are correct, probably too low. MFP - Tools - BMR Calc
    Read up on BMR and if you really want to be netting below it.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Goal: 1700
    Net averaged over last 2 weeks: 1678 (but that includes one low day when I went hiking)
    MFP's BMR estimate: 1748
  • fm32439
    fm32439 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Goal without exercise 1200.
  • popartsicle
    Options
    700 calories a day! :)

I've gotten less then it today, but I'm actually forcing myself to reach 700 calories.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    BMR: 1637
    GOAL: 1200-1300

i basically put myself in starvation mode cuz i do not eat my calories burned from excerise back. im not hungry to. i do eat all my 1600 calories i feel i need to splurge.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    ..This is the weirdest thread ever. I'm hungry just looking at it.

BMR: around 1850
    GOAL: 1900 Net... usually ends up being 2700 calories a day.

OM NOM NOM.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    BMR: 1545
    Goal: 1600

I used to eat 1200. I lost 40 pounds and now just increased to 1600 calories when I stalled and I got more hungrier. I just upped my calories several days ago. Am still contemplating eating back my exercise calories. I figure I will take one thing at time, lol.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Myfitnesspal tells me to eat around 1200/day. Seems low. Is it ok to be over? Im only trying to lose 4 lbs.

where do I find my TDEE?

>>>>>IMPORTANT!!! To get your numbers right please visit---> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map <---read the instructions. I lay everything out to help you have a true fat burning diet.<<<<<<<
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My BMR according to MFP is 1772.
    MFP has also set my intake to 1330.

Okay, so I am a bit confused....are we supposed to be eating MORE than our BMR or less....for weight loss?
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Bmr 1644
    Tdee 2900
    Calories usually 1600 to 1850 day
    I burn 650 to 1100 a day
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    My BMR according to MFP is 1772.
    MFP has also set my intake to 1330.

Okay, so I am a bit confused....are we supposed to be eating MORE than our BMR or less....for weight loss?

I found I lost better, and more fat than lean mass, eating above BMR. As long as you are below TDEE you will lose.
    Take your measurements and work out your bodyfat % and lean mass. Check it regularly.
    I have seen enough posts where people have lost weight and then decided they need to add some muscle. It's Better not to lose the muscle in the first place.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking to lose weight so I'm aiming for about 1450-1500 calories per day which is about my BMR (if I'm completely sedentary).
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    I'm not looking to lose weight so I'm aiming for about 1450-1500 calories per day which is about my BMR (if I'm completely sedentary).

So you sit around all day?

Shoot for maintenance/TDEE.
  • kympauls
    kympauls Posts: 2
    Options
    How do I find out what my TDEE would be?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Bmr 1330
    Goal 1660...Im sedentry with a desk job.
    If I go for a walk I aim for about 1800.

I Lost 27 pounds so far.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    How do I find out what my TDEE would be?

First figure out your BMR.
    Add in your activity to get TDEE.

So for instance if my BMR is 1600 and my activity is Moderate activity, i'd multiply my BMR by 1.6.

Check out these 2 links.

This one is a simple one....http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map

This one is a more technical one...http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133163973
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    BMR (by MFP): 1260
    Calorie goal: 1840 plus exercise calories to maintain.