What kind of milk do you drink?

Options

Replies

• Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    I drink fat free skim milk if I just want a glass of milk, if I want a cup of tea then I'll use 2% milk.
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    I used to drink 2% but i switched to 1% i actually like it better.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Most important for me: RAW ..... otherwise, love Coconut milk =)
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Used to be 2% and then I got married and my husband only drank 1% so I adjusted. Got divorced - fast forward six years. I am remarried and THE man of my dreams grew up and continues to drink skim so I made that transition. For the life of me, if I drink anything other than skim, I will gag.

Land O Lakes All Natural Fat Free Milk - nom nom!
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i drink 1.5% royal crest milk. it's fresh and gets delivered to my house. i love it. i won't switch no matter what.
  • TheYearofMe
    Options
    I don't drink milk due to my views on milk...which most people think I'm crazy for (but make complete sense, at least to me.) I only use actual milk when cooking, and when soy milk doesn't cut it with whatever recipe I'm attempting. In this case, I use whole organic milk (in glass container).

I drink most alternatives (soy, almond, rice, coconut, etc) and recently developed a huge liking to Hemp Milk (found at most natural food stores.)

And if you're curious, here's my views on milk:
    Humans are the only species that not only drink milk past infancy (our mother's milk when it is most crucial in our development), but we also drink another mammals milk, very regularly. Sure it's "good" and we've all grown to believe that we need to drink a glass of milk a day to get our calcium and have strong bones, but the things that have to be done to milk just to make it digestable shows how unnatural it is for us to drink. However, if you ARE going to drink milk, let it be as close to the source as possible.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Silk pure almond
  • Cyndieann
    Cyndieann Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Unless you want the extra fat, the nutrition is all the same. Skim for me!
  • viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Almond milk! :love:
  • demonNIИ
    demonNIИ Posts: 187
    Options
    Fat Free Organic milk for me...tastes better and last 3x longer in the fridge
  • kimmy659
    kimmy659 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Almond, and cows milk (varies from 1%,2%,homo) for my coffee..
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I prefer the milk that comes from breasts. To quote Lewis Black, "We all know there's no soy milk because there's no soy titty, is there?"
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    2% milk, Almond milk, coconut milk...those ones are my favorites.

I don't like rice milk, and soy is the nastiest thing ever.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I am drinking full cream... only because well I never drink milk unless its for cereals. Even then its not even half a cup.
  • tilfordj
    tilfordj Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    For me it aries with what I'm having it with.I'm not lactose intolerant but I actuall prefer the taste of almond and soy milk better! Soy can apparently have negative affects ifyou have too much so I try to stay away. When I'm having a glass of milk, I have original almond milk or skim milk.
    I have unsweetend almond milk when putting it with something else, ie cereal, breakfast shakes, etc

I also hate drinking my calories so 35 cals for a cup sounds good to me!

I hate drinking calories too....except in the morning...then it's a Chocolate flavored Lactose Free Soy Protien shake made with Silk Unsweeted Original Almond milk with FiberSmart, a whole banana, and powdered peanut butter (I am lactose intolerant)......It is the MOST AMAZING 350 calorie sinfully delicious desert like thing in the world....
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Soy Milk, Almond Milk and Lactose Free 2% milk.
  • mcmdazy
    mcmdazy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Skim milk! Great for you no fat!
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    unsweet almond milk for my protein shakes (vanilla and choc flavor)-soy and lactose free; also may have skim occassionally !!
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I drink almond or coconut, definitely not dairy.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    We only drink fat free milk. After so long I don't even like the taste of whole milk anymore...too thick!