Thin In My Skin! (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• BLloudy
    BLloudy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great challenges for the week. Good thing I took a Zumba class this morning (so fun!) and just ran out of Diet Coke. Maybe I can go all week without it and substitute water?? I'll try! :)
  • silversong24
    silversong24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Just moving my info over to this thread =)

Challenge Info
    Cups of water- 2/7 days
    Calories Burned- 1058/1200

Name/ real name: Silversong24/Brenda
    Current Weight: 141.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 135.0

04/07: 141.6
    04/14:
    04/21:
    04/28:
    05/05: <<<139.0>>>
    05/12:
    05/19:
    05/26:
    06/02: <<<137.0>>>
    06/09:
    06/16:
    06/23:
    06/30: <<<135.0>>>
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Kristen - thanks for pulling me back to a healthy lifestyle!

Name/ real name: AmyByExample/Amy

Current Weight: 205.7
    Challenge Goal Weight: 185

04/09: 205.7
    04/16:
    04/23:
    04/30:
    05/07: <<<mini goal:198>>>
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/04: <<<mini goal: 192>>>
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:
    07/02: <<<challenge goal weight: 185>>>

Hi All! I'm Amy. I've participated in the last 2 challenges Kristen has hosted (she's amazing!). Sadly, I didn't finish them out as I let my priorities get out of whack. I've come to realize that I have a tendency to throw in the towel when the going gets tough. No one wants to think of themselves as a quitter, but I've realized I have this tendency, which is very humbling & upsetting.

I could list excuses, but who of us hasn't faced an injury that has sidelined their workout efforts - or juggles an insane schedule & feels stretched too thin at times? I have to put an end to the excuses.

Honestly, more than the weight loss, my goal is to finish this challenge. To weigh in each & every week be it good, bad or ugly!

I am hopeful that the added motivation of my 20th high school reunion just 3.5 weeks after the end of this challenge will help me push myself through whatever obstacles come my way. I want to see myself running an obstacle course jumping over, running around or pushing through anything trying to stop me. Not turning tail & heading back in the wrong direction!

So, I look forward to getting to know all of you & am excited for week one. My goal for this week is to get off 2.7 pounds, so I've got to get my plan of attack underway.

Hugs to all,
    Amy :0)

PS: Kristen - the chart looks absolutely amazing!!!!!!
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Love the chart and the challenges! I've got the water thing down already and I've already burned 1029cals this week, so that'll be done tomorrow. :bigsmile:
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    love the chart!

Thank you for the reminder on the water too! I've been slacking for the last 2 weeks =P
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    well i want to say good luck to the new people and the ones from the last two challenges! kristen is a AWESOME host! and i know we will all do well!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    If it's not to late via invite by message (Kristin)...

SW:225
    GW:215
  • tealighttrees
    Options
    Yay! I get to be a part after all!

Name/ real name: Tealighttrees/Amy

Current Weight: 261
    Challenge Goal Weight: 235

04/09: 261
    04/16:
    04/23:
    04/30:
    05/07: <<<253>>>
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/04: <<<244>>>
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:
    07/02: <<<235>>>
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    :happy: Got in my water for today and thanks to about 3 hours of Dance Central 2 creeping up on that 1200 burn! I love these games where I can spend so much time moving but having fun at the same time! :happy:
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    exercise/water log
    Monday - 525 calories/14 cups
    Tuesday - 700 calories/14 cups

Back to the basics is a great way to start the challenge!! Thanks Kristen. I absolutely love the chart!!
  • mazomomma
    mazomomma Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for all the hard work Kristin, putting this group together!

Will start focusing on the calories and water intake.

Good luck everybody!
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Carissa:

Startign weigh 208.1
    Current Weight: 189.9
    Challenge Goal Weight: 179

04/09: 189.9
    04/16:
    04/23:
    04/30:
    05/07: <<<mini goal weight>>> 183
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/04: <<<mini goal weight>>> 187
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:
    07/02: <<<challenge goal weight>>> 179

I lose slowly, and get frustrated if I don't meet goals, so I need to make them really, really attainable. Hence , 10 lbs in 12 weeks. I'll do a "just-for-this" weigh in on Mondays to keep up with y'all.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the nice comments on the chart. I noticed that some names weren't alphabetized correctly and that's fixed now... I hope! :blushing:

Yay to all of you who are doing well with your water and exercise. BUT!

Here comes the pep talk ~ ~ ~

For those of you who have already burned your 1200 calories between yesterday and today, remember " do something MORE or DIFFERENT with your exercise, to push yourself!" This week, it's about stretching out of your comfort zone!! Whatever that may be since we are all at different places on this road.

And ~ ~ ~

If you are one of the people, overwhelmed, thinking that maybe you're in the wrong place because you are not burning as many calories as some that have posted, or haven't drank as much water... this place IS for you too! I haven't burned as many calories as some and I haven't drank as much water as others, etc... And I'm the host! :-) I can tell you that if you will read the posts of others, and contribute to the thread too, and stay committed for the long haul (even on the weeks that you might be embarrassed to post a gain) that this long term challenge will help you. You might not lose as much as you hope, you might surprise yourself and lose more, but having a place to be accountable to, etc. can really make a difference.

Tonight, I raise my water glass to us! :drinker:
  • clairerose11
    clairerose11 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Could I join please? x
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kirsten for pep talk. I enjoyed the last challenge and lost weight. Not as much as i'd hoped but still a loss. Hope to keep going and keep loosing through this one too!
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Name/ real name: GetFitE/ Elisé M

Starting Weight: 201.8
    Current Weight: 201.8
    Challenge Goal Weight: 190

04/09: 201.8
    04/16:
    04/23:
    04/30:
    05/07: 197
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/04: 193
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:
    07/02: 190

***Will be weighing in Friday Mornings. And will update when I weigh in.**

Thank you for adding me!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Thank you for adding me Kristen. I'm so excited about this challenge!! I'm shooting for 170 but I just started strength training a few weeks ago so my weight loss has slowed. Hopefully my body will catch up :smile:

Name/ real name: Desirai

Current Weight: 192.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 170

04/09: 192
    04/16:
    04/23:
    04/30:
    05/07: 184?
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/04: 176
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:
    07/02: 170 (168 if I minus and even 8 lbs per month)

I will weigh in on Mondays.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can find it later!

I'm hitting my water intake already.... The last few weeks I'm always thirsty and down several bottles of water a day. The exercise will be more of a challenge for me but I think I can get to 1200 by Monday!

Good luck everyone! :happy:
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    SW 291
    GW 277

Thanks!! Super excited!!

I was so excited i forgot the rest of the information!!

Name/ real name: Losing4life69/Trina

Current Weight: 291
    Challenge Goal Weight:

04/09:
    04/16:
    04/23:
    04/30:
    05/07: <<<mini goal weight>>> 285
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/04: <<<mini goal weight>>> 280
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:
    07/02: <<<challenge goal weight>>> 277
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    Hi All! Kristen - thanks for pulling me back to a healthy lifestyle!

Name/ real name: AmyByExample/Amy

Current Weight: 205.7
    Challenge Goal Weight: 185

04/09: 205.7
    04/16:
    04/23:
    04/30:
    05/07: <<<mini goal:198>>>
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/04: <<<mini goal: 192>>>
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:
    07/02: <<<challenge goal weight: 185>>>

Hi All! I'm Amy. I've participated in the last 2 challenges Kristen has hosted (she's amazing!). Sadly, I didn't finish them out as I let my priorities get out of whack. I've come to realize that I have a tendency to throw in the towel when the going gets tough. No one wants to think of themselves as a quitter, but I've realized I have this tendency, which is very humbling & upsetting.

I could list excuses, but who of us hasn't faced an injury that has sidelined their workout efforts - or juggles an insane schedule & feels stretched too thin at times? I have to put an end to the excuses.

Honestly, more than the weight loss, my goal is to finish this challenge. To weigh in each & every week be it good, bad or ugly!

I am hopeful that the added motivation of my 20th high school reunion just 3.5 weeks after the end of this challenge will help me push myself through whatever obstacles come my way. I want to see myself running an obstacle course jumping over, running around or pushing through anything trying to stop me. Not turning tail & heading back in the wrong direction!

So, I look forward to getting to know all of you & am excited for week one. My goal for this week is to get off 2.7 pounds, so I've got to get my plan of attack underway.

Hugs to all,
    Amy :0)

PS: Kristen - the chart looks absolutely amazing!!!!!!

Hi Amy :smile:
    I couldn't have said anything you said BETTER! I was also in the last two challenges Kristen was hosting and never finished those. :cry: And like you I didn't have my priorities where they should have been. I work midnights....12 hours at that...so I go to work at 6pm and don't get home until 8am in the morning. I am supposed to work 3 nights a week, but have been picking up a ton of over-time due to the census of the hospital....so what do I do...EAT when I'm not supposed to. My body is all out of whack anyhow with that shift...but I would leave work and EAT as soon as I got home. (((BAD!)))

I also have added motivation for this challenge. There is something called body by vi or something like that where all you do is drink these SHAKES for breakfast and lunch and then a normal dinner. Look....I think that is TOTALLY BOGUS!!!! I am out to PROVE that those shakes are just a way to make money and why drink your meals when you can EAT sensible meals and NOT be hungry? Listen...its a LIFE STYLE change!!!! I get sooooooo irritated with these GIMMICKS that reel people into buying something saying its a QUICK fix...when in reality when people start eating normal again they are going to gain back what they lost and maybe even then some...because you CAN lose weight with a simple equation....EXERCISE and MODERATION. I lost a LOT of weight before I gained MFP 2 years ago just by doing those 2 simple things. I gained my weight back because I stopped caring and stopped exercising...other things took priority...so I know all too well what you are talking about.
    AND....my OTHER added motivation for this challenge is....
    My BIRTHDAY. I'm turning 40 this year...and I'm really tired of being fat. I just want to stop wearing these 3x's ... I can't stand this...and I would love to feel normal again.

Kristen IS a very wonderful person...and she is so great at hosting challenges....We are all very blessed to have her work so hard at this...it takes a LOT of time and patience and I'm so glad I can be a part of it.

Good luck Amy....I'm your cheerleader!!!! *\o/* We got this!!!! You and I !!!! :flowerforyou:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!