Do women not look at the toilet first...

Options

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I dont get it either. If youve ever lived with a man, you LOOK first. There is NO telling what might be in on or around the toilet. *shudder*
  • CrazyLazyStylist
    CrazyLazyStylist Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    We only bring out magnifying glass in public. At home we want freedom of sit
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    LOL, did you recently see the South Park episode about that? And yes, I do look, and if it's not down, I don't have an issue putting it down. It just isn't a big deal to me and it takes all of two seconds to clang it down.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS look when I'm not at home.

But when I'm home, the only person I share my bathroom with is my sister..so if it were ever left up, it would probably get me if I wasn't all there!
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Three scenarios:

#1 She doesn't turn the light on in the middle of the night.

#2 The toilet itself and the seat are the same color so you might not really be able to tell (a little less obvious, but it could happen).

#3 She's drunk as a skunk and as far as she's concerned, the toilet is now a row boat.

And for the record, the *entire* seat/lid should be put down. Aside from my OCD and the need for everything to be tidy, didn't you ever hear of "flush spray"? If not, let's just say you might want to move your toothbrush into another room if you flush before putting the lid down.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    In the middle of the night, half asleep, when pregnant, I could totally see myself falling in if he left the seat up. Not only that, we are not used to having to check if the seat is up because we don't ever put it up. Even without the fact we might fall in, if you put it up then you put it down, simple.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    I have 3 kids. I HAVE to look first. I trust no one.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Some of you women need to pick cleaner guys. What kind of pig pisses on the toilet seat? And then leaves it there for the next person? If you're the guy doing this, grow the hell up. Your mommy isn't there to clean up after you. You're just a lazy slob, and probably don't deserve the woman who uses that same toilet.

It seems if you put the seat and lid down after each use, it's fair for everyone. Problem solved! Why does this have to be such a big issue? This resolves the "what position is the seat in at midnight" issue too.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    if guys would just pee sitting down..we wouldnt have this problem!
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    And for the record, the *entire* seat/lid should be put down. Aside from my OCD and the need for everything to be tidy, didn't you ever hear of "flush spray"? If not, let's just say you might want to move your toothbrush into another room if you flush before putting the lid down.
    ugh. after a week of trying to convince my parents to always put the seat down when they flush, i've moved my toothbrush to underneath the counter. they can have fun with those nasty germs all over their stuff.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    When it's dark, and we are sleepily stubbling into the bathroom, We don't look. Thus our *kitten* goes in the toilet, and the water is very cold... PLUS yall pee on the rim, and we sit in it.

THIS! A million times! THIS!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I don't look at home because I assume it is down, in public (or other) bathrooms I look.
  • ceaton80
    ceaton80 Posts: 37
    Options
    One word: lazy. We do it. So can you.

Amen....
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Yeah and I really hate it when it is up, it looks bad and is not considerate.
  • ChokingDrama
    Options
    I pee in the shower, it's so much easier.
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    In my family, males are trained to sit down to pee at home and stand up to pee in public bathrooms. So we avoid the whole seat up thing in our house. of course, everyone in the house has to be careful after the little ones in the family use the toilet because you never know what you'll find... I agree that a little courtesy and consideration goes a long way no matter what your gender.
  • ceaton80
    ceaton80 Posts: 37
    Options
    When it's dark, and we are sleepily stubbling into the bathroom, We don't look. Thus our *kitten* goes in the toilet, and the water is very cold... PLUS yall pee on the rim, and we sit in it.

THIS! A million times! THIS!

Well ok....men dont stumble into the bathroom, in the dark and hope to hit the toilet. Easy fix here, turn on the light!
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    we close the seat at my house cause of our cat, i hate the thought of him drinking toilet water

i barely even open my eyes at night tho, so i can see how others can fall in
  • breanndavis_00
    Options
    THIS is what I don't understand: How girls manage to piss all over the toilet seat. I mean really, you 'hover' because the toilet seat is nasty, but people like you who pee all over the toilet seat are the ones that make it nasty!! And if you do pee, then take the time to wipe that mess up! -end rant-
  • newmommynewfitme
    Options
    I have 3 brothers , so yes I was taught look each and everytime. I have my own bathroom, thank you dh and I still look. The rare occasions I use public restrooms or friends restrooms, I look. You never know what someone else's habit is and it would be terrible to ASSume the seat is down , your likely to dunk your donut in a yucky way.