Chicken Breast ideas!?

Options

Replies

• Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    These chicken breasts are delicious. Even my picky husband likes them and he doesn't usually like chicken!

Spicy pecan crusted chicken breasts:
    4-4oz chicken breasts
    1/2 cup chopped pecans
    1/4 cup bread crumbs
    1 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    1 large egg white only
    2 tablespoons water
    Pam cooking spray
    1 tablespoon olive oil

Place pecans, breadcrumbs, spices, 7 orange zest in food processor. Pulse until pecans are finely ground. In medium bowl whisk egg white with water. Dip chicken breast into egg white shaking off excess, then roll in pecan crumb mixture. Lay onto prepared baking sheet sprayed with Pam cooking spray. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 375* for about 25 minutes or until thermometer measures 165* into thickest part of chicken breast.

Calories: 277
    Carbs: 8
    Fat: 16
    Protein: 27
    Fiber: 2
    Sodium: 582
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I put some chicken breasts in the crock pot with a packet of cream cheese (light) and a can of cream of chicken soup, a can of water, some chicken bouillon and italian seasoning. (or a packet of italian dressing seasoning) ... came out delish! Serve over whichever type of noodles you like.

I realize now it's not very healthy. I made it before I really cared about eating healthy. but it was good.
  • Allisonnleigh
    Allisonnleigh Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mjcoe
    mjcoe Posts: 3
    Options
    bump
  • midge19uk
    midge19uk Posts: 17
    Options
    bump!!
  • ErnieM88
    ErnieM88 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm having chicken kebabs tonight, just chop your breasts into cubes then marinade it for a bit in fat free natural yoghurt, garlic, chilli, ginger, coriander - what ever spices you have really.

Then thread it onto skewers alternated with chopped veg such as courgettes, peppers, mushrooms, onion and cherry tomatoes. Grill them until they're ready and serve with pitta bread and salad
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JessLiane22
    JessLiane22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump :-)
  • Astephens1984
    Astephens1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    In a crock pot, place your chicken breast in the bottom, i usually do 3 breast. add 2 cans of cream of chicken cream of mushroom soup, and canned tomatoes (i use the rotell its gives it a little more kick with the chilies) cook on high for eight hours. The chicken will be so tender is shreds and you can sure over noodles, rice, or potatoes.
  • Adah_m
    Adah_m Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    When I cook for myself and my boyfriend one of our favorites is to put 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts in a frying pan with 1tbsp olive oil, then liberally coat with Cavendar's Greek seasoning. Then sometimes I also sprinkle on a few drops of wishbone italian dressing. You really don't need other seasoning, but sometimes I add a pinch of garlic powder and black pepper. Also add 1/4 cup water if the pan looks too dry.
    I just cook slowly over low to medium heat. They come out juicy and really flavorful! I love to also steam a few cups of broccoli and then maybe serve with brown rice or a serving of sliced cucumbers and tomato covered in the same cavendar's seasoning.
    I love it! Hope this helps!
  • JakinsandPeykins
    Options
    Bump for chicken!
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Take Fresh chives, 1 tbsp of sundried tomato pesto cream cheese and a crushed clove of garlic & stuff it inside the breast. Use 1/2 pat butter, brown on medium , covered , until done. Squeeze the juice of one lemon and use this juice to deglaze the pan. YUM!
  • CathVan
    CathVan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!
  • smitten29
    Options
    500g chicken breasts
    2 tbsp cajun spice
    Quarter tsp black pepper
    Half tsp garlic powder
    Half tsp onion powder
    Quarter tsp salt
    1 tbsp olive oil.

Mix ingredients, add spices to chicken breasts. Grill on 190 degrees celcius for 5 mins each side.

Quick and yummy!!
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yum! great ideas.

I make "fried" chicken.

Chicken breasts
    Plain Greek Yogurt
    Breadcrumbs

Coat chicken with yogurt and press both sides into breadcrumbs.

Put in PAM sprayed baking dish, spritz top of chicken with PAM and bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes. Very Yummy. the amounts of each depands on how many chicken breasts you are preparing. Good luck!
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    Bump
  • zumba66girl
    zumba66girl Posts: 136
    Options
    bump everything looks so yummy:flowerforyou:
  • CindylouwhoMV
    CindylouwhoMV Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This sounds REALLY yummy!! I'll have to try it. My husband would like it but I can't get my son to eat anything green. lol
  • Jedi_Jewel
    Jedi_Jewel Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    This is SOOOO yummy!! And super easy!

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/grilled-bruschetta-chicken-106252.aspx

Only 200 calories per serving :bigsmile:
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My mouth is watering, thanks everybody!