What is YOUR motivation to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• VaRnZ
    VaRnZ Posts: 3
    Options
    My motivation is, my partner is competing in the LONDON 2012 PARALYMPICS in late Aug/Sep & I want to travel over to London (live in NZ) & feel& look fantastic for this massive milestone in my partners life :)
  • bryburry
    bryburry Posts: 2
    Options
    I am a professional who spends most of his work day in meetings, working at a desk, or out to social events where you sit all the time. While I am young, I need an exercise routine to fit my new lifestyle so that all that sitting and eating doesn't turn me into a 400 lbs man. And while I'm at it, a cushion of a few pounds to gain back wouldn't hurt as I get older and weight is harder to keep off.
  • Baybbee123
    Baybbee123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My motivation is to lose weight so I can do my last IVF...I've put on so much weight in the past 3 years with all the fertility drugs. I'm hoping to get healthy again and praying we will conceive..

I will pray for you...I know your pain exactly and it is truly heartbreaking month after month.

You can do it hun!
  • Charismasme2
    Charismasme2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    There isn't just one motivation. I turn 50 this November, and want to be healthy, not have all the aches and pains I have now, want to look good in the mirror. Want my BF to be proud to be seen with me...so many...LOL
  • hopefulfuturexox
    Options
    To be heathy and look good. Add me if you want people?:heart:
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My kids!!! and My Mom has been in a vegitative state since March 30, 2008. No chance for recovery, but her husband wont let go. The whole story on my profile.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I want to be a faster mountain biker and runner!
  • vkbartlett
    Options
    Hi i'm new. My motiviation to lose weight is to feel healthier. I'm tired of waking up every day and feeling so sick and tired and just wanting to stay in bed rather than going out. I just joined and have found lots of great info on this website now i just need to make friends and lose weight. :)
  • msgardner47
    msgardner47 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What keeps me Motivated is Im doing something for ME!! My kids are grown and I want to be around for my 3 Grand-babies...I just feel so much healthier...:-) I motivated myself everyday on my face book page....
  • Baybbee123
    Options
    Keep 'em comin guys! I'm loving to read these!

Just wanted to let you know that I am reading all of them :) Don't think I posted it just to ignore all you guys have to say!

Whatever your motivation, I believe in ALL of you! Let's all get healthy - we can do it!
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    The mirror. Nasty thing that it is!
    Not just that, but it's what really slapped me across the face and told me to get my act together! I miss being able to run, we want to start a family and to just be able to feel good about myself again.
  • charkmommy3
    Options
    Hi! I want to be healthy and have more energy so I can do more fun things!:smile:
  • sexyrosey
    sexyrosey Posts: 137
    Options
    I turned 30 this year spent my 20's a single mom alone. I had a break down one night in bed about 4 months before 1 turned 30 and thought nope i will not be alone. I started dating an awesome guy hitting the gym and now i have 11 months before i go to maui. I think 30 is an awesome year no matter what happens in the future i am ready :happy:
  • yepitsjen
    yepitsjen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am going to Greece and Italy this summer- and I want to be able to wear a bathing suit. I've never really been obese, but I've been between 30-50 pounds overweight since my daughter was born in 1999. I want to feel sexy and good about myself again.

And I want to live long enough to see my daughter become an adult.
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I was tired of being referred to as "the big guy" and I also got tired of dealing with my health issues as well as having to shop at the Big & Tall stores just to get clothing (and paying an arm and a leg). I wanted people to take me seriously and not cringe when they had to be around me.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Conceiving a baby and then having energy for it, so far mission accomplished, my wife is pregnant. New mission Six Pack Abs, this won't happen until I get the loose skin removed.
  • Baybbee123
    Options
    I was tired of being referred to as "the big guy" and I also got tired of dealing with my health issues as well as having to shop at the Big & Tall stores just to get clothing (and paying an arm and a leg). I wanted people to take me seriously and not cringe when they had to be around me.

Good for you!!!! 154lbs is AMAZING!!!! What an inspiration you are! I'm so proud of you!!
  • fuzzybear123
    fuzzybear123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    wearing a bridesmaid dress!!
  • ckoltun
    ckoltun Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm a detective on a mission to see if I actually have some shapely legs under all the excuses. I've gained up to 65lbs since high school for no good reason. I'd love to be in shape and be shapely and round is not the shape I'm seeking! Also, I'd like to be able to run around my house with just my skivvies on!
  • Baybbee123
    Options
    Conceiving a baby and then having energy for it, so far mission accomplished, my wife is pregnant. New mission Six Pack Abs, this won't happen until I get the loose skin removed.

Awww congratulations to you and your wife! I am dreading the lose skin, but it's a battle wound I'm going to be proud to have when I lose it!