Couch to 5K anyone?!? We start on monday!

Options

Replies

• fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING!! :flowerforyou:

Clark.......glad to have you back.......sorry about the pain......STRETCH and
    don't give up!!!

kurneckc....very happy to hear your investment did you good!! :drinker:

ClassiC...u go girl!! :love:

Every time I log on to our post, I start singing the "Move It" song from Madagascar..........
    (ok, I'm a crazy old woman, whatcha gonna do???):tongue: )

Have a happy healthy day, and no matter what, get off that couch and MOVE!!

Pam:flowerforyou:
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    morning all:flowerforyou:

ok, so i've established that i'm counting incorrectly :embarassed: :laugh: .....guess the check in and counting down was keeping me going... so today is actually my W1D3 (run day) but i'd already counted yesterday as W1D4 b/c i did a walk... LOL!!!.... TOM is coming, feeling kinda out of it today... grr..:grumble: praying for some energy!

LOL! Pam- love it!!:laugh:

clark- dont worry, over the last few months my cardio was a stationary bike and i've now realised, i was taking it easy on myself b/c this running thing is a killer:noway: :laugh:

i agree with clark! i'm 24 and dying on this and you ladies really are such an inspiration!

go group!!:flowerforyou: TGIF!!
  • caseyamber
    Options
    All summer I've been taking classes at my gym, but with school starting back up, those same classes don't fit into my schedule. I needed something to keep me motivated. Through this board I found the couch prgram, downloaded a couple podcasts, and am excited to try it! I also have never been a runner, so I'm a little nervous about it. I just hope I can stay with it!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i am only doing the 3 days that is recommended on coolrunnings.com's c25k

i hope that is ok with everybody

w1d3 today
  • Phatboy190
    Phatboy190 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    W1D2 done today, Busy week so I didn't get a chance to run since Monday. I will probably try to do D3 tomorrow morning. I'm going on vacation next week and am worried I will slip behind.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    W1D2 done today, Busy week so I didn't get a chance to run since Monday. I will probably try to do D3 tomorrow morning. I'm going on vacation next week and am worried I will slip behind.

Even if you do it's okay, because I know that I'm going to repeat weeks. :)
  • pinkpoole
    Options

I'm in the same boat. But man did it feel good to get up & run this morning!! I don't remember who said it, but running in the morning is WAY easier than coming home from a long day of work & running. I guess I'm going to have to skip hitting the snooze button in the morning so I can get up & run!
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options

Congrats to all of us sticking with the program and MOVING!! I think that's
    the most important........getting up and getting out! If you have a bad day and
    want to give up.....DON'T!! Just keep walking and push through. Remember,
    any exercise is better than no exercise!!!

I know full well that I will probably have to repeat week 1. That's okay with me! And if I don't feel well or something hurts, I'll just keep walking! I'm not giving up!

OH! And WOW the difference that running shoes make! This was the best 90 bucks I ever spent, and to me that's a load of money.

New Balance 758 - my feet didn't hurt one little bit, and they still don't.

AHHHH!!! I feel so horrible guys. This week has been absolute hell with moving and dealing with all of lifes issues that i haven't even got around to W1D1... AND I STARTED THIS THREAD!!!! I am glad to hear that someone will be repeating this first week.

On a good note though, my work is doing a workout challenge. We just received two free total gyms so the managers are doing a competition. One will be staying here but the winner gets to take the other one home. I signed up yesterday! In order to win, you have to use the machine at least 3x a week for a minimum of 15 minutes each of those 3 days. the employee who looses the most body weight (by percentage) gets to take it home, do a 15 minute video about our favorite total gym routines, in interview and all sorts of stuff like that. I am going to combine that with my C25K program and I WILL WIN!!! A buddy of mine says he will win, i have to beat him out of sheer determination to prove him wrong haha! (a game he and I play)

another good thing is i was telling my roommate about the C25K program and she said that she would love to join me on my runs so it looks as though i have a partner. Wish me luck guys! I cannot believe how big this thread got in such a short period of time. i don't log on for about 4 days and all of a sudden it is up to 6 pages! Great Job Everyone!
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options

w1d3 today

It will only NOT be okay with US if YOU are not okay with it. :wink: Take it at your own pace, if you need to repeat weeks, that is fine. don't push yoursel ftoo hard, although i would recommend doing some strength training on the days you dont do the C25K program. Good luck everyone!
  • joanewright
    Options
    I will be 50 next June...add me as a friend, please!!!

I'm going to try to do this...not sure if I can stay with the program, but I want to try:)
  • foxyforce
    Options

w1d3 today

It will only NOT be okay with US if YOU are not okay with it. :wink: Take it at your own pace, if you need to repeat weeks, that is fine. don't push yoursel ftoo hard, although i would recommend doing some strength training on the days you dont do the C25K program. Good luck everyone!

aw, well thanks for the support!!!:smile:

i do aerobics on my rest days. i just want to follow the pace set out by c25k. so i am doing them on monday, wednesday, and friday

although last night i repeated w1d3 twice at night cause i was bored, so i did it on a walk/run to my boyfriends house
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 next June...add me as a friend, please!!!

I'm going to try to do this...not sure if I can stay with the program, but I want to try:)

Welcome!! You can do it. Trust me, I never thought I could and I'm going through the program great!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    great job - I've been following this thread and it's motivating and inspiring. I started with C to 5K on July 19, made it through to week 2 and quit after week 2, run 1. I gave it a rest for 2 weeks and started back up on 8/17.... i completed all 3 days, so ready to advance to week 3, and, not gonna lie, I'm a little freaked out.

It's the mental challenge that seems the hardest for me... that inner voice that says "this is so hard, if you think it's hard now, wait till next week!" Anyone have suggestions for shutting that voice up? I am using Suz' podcast, which is going well...

Also, for those looking for motivation - I came across something today I thought I'd share....

"Running changes you. Running is changing me. It knocks points off my blood pressure, returns the color to my face, takes the bags from beneath my eyes. Running makes the brownie taste better. ... I've gone from a person who sits still to one who moves--from a body and a mind at rest, to a body and mind in motion.... The only thing running hasn't changed is running itself. I would have guessed that by now it would be easier for me to do. It isn't. People say the run gets easier, but people say aliens abduct you in the desert, too. I've stopped looking for signs of an easier run in exchange for signs of an easier life. Those signs I've seen. Running is still as grueling as ever, but life outside of running is getting easier, better"
  • kouchis
    kouchis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's actually www.coolrunning.com - no 's'.

The couch-to-5k running plan article is here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Hope this helps!
  • foxyforce
    Options
    It's actually www.coolrunning.com - no 's'.

The couch-to-5k running plan article is here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Hope this helps!

my bad, but i have been on it, it's three times a week.
  • ClarkOMan
    ClarkOMan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    W1D3 done! next week will be a repeat. I've been walking all the segments of Ullrey's podcast, but running the last segments and adding one each day. That should be more like the Couch Potato to 5K program I needed :happy:

Everyone, have a wonderful day and a great next week!
  • pinkpoole
    Options
    "Running changes you. Running is changing me. It knocks points off my blood pressure, returns the color to my face, takes the bags from beneath my eyes. Running makes the brownie taste better. ... I've gone from a person who sits still to one who moves--from a body and a mind at rest, to a body and mind in motion.... The only thing running hasn't changed is running itself. I would have guessed that by now it would be easier for me to do. It isn't. People say the run gets easier, but people say aliens abduct you in the desert, too. I've stopped looking for signs of an easier run in exchange for signs of an easier life. Those signs I've seen. Running is still as grueling as ever, but life outside of running is getting easier, better"

I LOVE this quote!! I never thought I'd be running (I tell everyone, "I'm built for comfort, not for speed"), but I'm loving the benefits I see from it already. I love looking at all those calories I burned this week. And believe me, I still have the voice that says "This sucks, you don't want to run" - but I just turn the music up louder. We can do this!
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    W2D1 Done!

I can't believe that I actually did it! This was the first time I tried the Podcast and it made things so much easier. The last running interval got painful there at the end, but I made it!

Congratulations to everyone doing this! This is a great program because you can go at your own pace, or repeat weeks. I love this!

And as Smiles4miles and Pinkpoole said, I don't usually look forward to getting out there - but during and after I'm thrilled to be doing it!

And I also found out today that it's fun to run in torrential down pours. :-)

Thanks again to all for being my accountability partners!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Pinkpoole and KurneckC,
    It helps to know I'm not the only one with the grumpies during some part of this - but you're right - after finishing, I feel strong and proud of myself. I'll just keep going, and .... turn it UP!

All, thanks for being accountability partners for sure - I'm heading out soon to give Week 3, Run 1 a shot. Who knows - there may be some repeating in there, but I'm determined to do it, one way or another. :)
  • Wecandothis
    Options

AHHHH!!! I feel so horrible guys. This week has been absolute hell with moving and dealing with all of lifes issues that i haven't even got around to W1D1... AND I STARTED THIS THREAD!!!! I am glad to hear that someone will be repeating this first week.

On a good note though, my work is doing a workout challenge. We just received two free total gyms so the managers are doing a competition. One will be staying here but the winner gets to take the other one home. I signed up yesterday! In order to win, you have to use the machine at least 3x a week for a minimum of 15 minutes each of those 3 days. the employee who looses the most body weight (by percentage) gets to take it home, do a 15 minute video about our favorite total gym routines, in interview and all sorts of stuff like that. I am going to combine that with my C25K program and I WILL WIN!!! A buddy of mine says he will win, i have to beat him out of sheer determination to prove him wrong haha! (a game he and I play)

Don't feel bad! That's not what this is about! It's about getting moving, even if it's not exactly what you had expected! And I know you can win that piece of equipment, wouldn't that be GREAT to get it free!!!

I know you can do it!