Options

Replies

• RainAndPain
    Options
    I wanna be 105-115 and I'm 5'4.
  • scrapnextras
    scrapnextras Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No offence, but you guys all seem to be at good weights for your heights, and I'm definitely not. There's nothing wrong with being even better, but to an extent, and in my opinion, some of you may have passed that line. I am 4 ft. and 11 in. and weigh 163 pounds. ... Hopefully, I've given you something to think about, and if not, here's a quote from someone (I can't remember who), " No matter how bad you think you've got it, there's always someone who's got it worse." So c'mon, people, let's be smart about this.

Ditto. I'm glad to see the lower weights of the other ladies...but it's nice to see someone who is short & heavy like me. The amount of pounds to lose is quite daunting coming from a much higher weight than a lot of the earlier posts.

Seriously...do any of the shorter ladies find the 1200 cal/day difficult? I mean, it seems that for shorter ladies the cal/day should be lower than the 1200 cal set by MFP. What calorie guideline do you use, and how much weight are you losing with it? Please share.

Regards from Chicago!

I'm just shy of 5' and I'm working towards a goal of 100lbs. I'm almost there! I'm currently about 103 and yes I worry about the low calories for losing, but also for maintaining. I think that maintenence is only about 200 calories more....about 1400. Yikes, no wonder it's hard to maintain this weight. I am really thinking of doing weight training, to build a strong lean body that can handle more than 1400 calories. I have been doing aerobics and resistant workouts all though my weight loss journey, which have been great for burning calories (I always eat my exercise calories), but this summer I am going to sign up for a weight training program. I really don't think I can maintain my weight if 1400 calories is my max.
  • sara217
    sara217 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5'2" and at 184 right now. I don't think I could physically get to some of the wights some of you are at. I think 130 is about as low as I could go (my goal is 140 right now). But I'm built like my mother and when she was younger anything below 135ish and she started to get too small for it to be healthy.
  • giadatje
    giadatje Posts: 59
    Options
    5'3" and 122. My goal is 110, but maybe it's unrealistic. I will just be happy with a sort of flat tummy. In 3 weeks I didn't lose any weight, but I went down of 2" on my waist!

Let's do it together ladies!

Everybody, feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • nikki2609
    nikki2609 Posts: 128
    Options
    bump
  • traceyjolli
    Options
    Hi all

I'm 5' was 185lbs (ouch!!) now 155lbs bit less ouch!!

My goal to start with is 126lbs. I dont want to be skinny and I dont want to lose my curves. If I am happy at 126, thats where i'll stay.

I currently have a goal of 1200 cals per day and I eat back some of my exercise calories so average about 1300-1350 most days!

its working for me, losing about 2lbs per week (started January 2012)

Feel free to add me and good luck girls x
  • allomyces
    Options
    Yay! Awesome thread :D

I'm currently 137ish (haven't weighed myself in a while!) and want to reach 125 and under. I'm 5'3" btw. My goal is to FINALLY wear some cut off denim shorts this summer haha! Already bought a pair...I really wanna slim down and get toned legs so I can wear them confidently.
  • Littlechele
    Options
    Hi ladies, glad I'm not alone here! I am 5 foot and currently weigh 150lbs. I'd like to get to 120 or a little less. Finding using the food diary on here helps me take more notice of what I'm eating. A question for the ladies that are already well on their way with their weight loss - I'm 35 years old and worried that as I lose more weight I will be left with loose skin. Did you find that as you lost everything shrunk back gradually or will I be left in a saggy skin a few sizes too big??
  • nyxt
    nyxt Posts: 60
    Options
    4'9
    CW: 90 lbs.
    GW: 77 lbs.

:)
  • lottieloves85
    lottieloves85 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my first post and need some motivation! I'm 27, 5'3, current weight is 147lbs, so far I've lost 7lbs using MFP but it's getting harder now! Goal weight is 125lbs, but now I seem to have plateaued...any tips to boost the weight loss again?! I don't want to be a chunky bride! Thanks x
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0, 23 years young and currently weigh 128. I put 3 lbs back on when I got sick this last month and couldn't work out. At my best I was 110-112 lbs and a size 2. I would really love to get back to that. Honestly, I don't care how much I weigh or pant size, as long as I am tone and have a flatter tummy. At the 110-112 scale I was exactly that. I hit 105 for a while and looked puny and sick. Seems awfully low for some of these ladies.

I eat around 1400 cals net a day rarely going higher. I have more energy at the gym and was losing. I tried 1200 and was always starving and didn't lose anything. Im getting back to the gym now and doing the 30DS.
  • tkb1985
    tkb1985 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    5'2" and at 184 right now. I don't think I could physically get to some of the wights some of you are at. I think 130 is about as low as I could go (my goal is 140 right now). But I'm built like my mother and when she was younger anything below 135ish and she started to get too small for it to be healthy.

Don't you believe it! I'm 5'1", and started at 173lb. I, just like you, thought I'd NEVER get to the weight of others my height. My mum and sister are both skinny mini's and within an inch of my height, but I'm built more like my dad, very broad shoulders and large ribs. I thought if I hit 10st, (140lb) it would be a miracle!

Well I'm 9st 3 now, (129lb) and going strong. My goal weight is set to 126lb, but do I think I could lose another 5lb after that if I wanted to?? H*ll Yes! And I look healthier than I ever have, because I've lost the weight in a slow and sustainable way over the last 14 months.

You can be whatever you want to be! :flowerforyou:
  • mali240
    mali240 Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm about 5.1ish, before pregnancy I was about 115-118, now I'm about 146. Would love to reach my pre pregnancy size and weight again.
    I'm alternating everyday between Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones, and trying to stay in about 1400 calories
  • Tangerine16
    Tangerine16 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3ish, started at 155 beginning of this year, now 134. I've set my goal to 126 at the moment. Would like to be around 120 but not sure that's going to happen!

14363700.png
  • KISSDEP
    KISSDEP Posts: 4
    Options
    Sometimes if you eat LESS than your advised amount, you can in fact put MORE weight on. This is because your body goes into starvation mode and it's metabolism slows down (because it does not know when you are next gonna feed it!). This in turn makes it burn fat SLOWER than if you were eating more calories. Hmmmm.
  • Natalie182
    Natalie182 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 and currently 126lbs, goal is 120lbs and with exercise more toned! Not going too well right now! Been the same weight for around 6 months (after giving birth 9 months ago)
    Ive had a bad week on food and exercise due to being ill but hoping to get back to the exercise and diet from monday!!
    Add me if youre similar! x
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" (I always thought I was 5'2" but measured myself at the weekend and I'm an inch taller!) and currently 135lb - looking to get to 126 :)
  • sara1923
    sara1923 Posts: 53
    Options
    5'4 and currently 130.. Goal is 105-115. I am happy with the way my body looks its just the stupid scale!!! Feel free to add
  • JupitersGhost
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently weigh around 122lbs. My goal weight is anywhere between 95lbs-100lbs.

Feel free to add me. :)
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    im 4ft 10 and weigh 110 would like to be 102lbs or less and more toned, have lost 6lbs since January this year, via eating more healthily/less, but i hate exercise!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!