What was the first excercise video you ever did?

Options

Replies

• jadesta55
    Options
    Tae-Bo baby......VHS style
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Buns of Steel step aerobics. Kicked my @ss....butt I think that was the idea (see what I did there....?). :smile:
    Yup, this. My mom worked out every day with step videos even when two weeks overdue with me. I don't know what she saw using back then, but I remember being about 4 and trying to do buns of steel with her using a thick book for a step... lol, does that count?
  • Laner07
    Laner07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I can remember back in high school my mom used to have Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies and I used to work out to those.

Me too! Me and my dad would do those almost once a week when I was a kid. I've been trying to find a copy of it to show my boyfriend. I loved those old tapes.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    The first workout was Denise Austin on the Lifestyle channel. She had two workouts that came on in the morning and after i had my son I lost most of my weight and got into exercising through her. LOL I loved all her stupid sayings like we're going to melt away the butter or something like that. :) Good times!

I still love Tae Bo and The Firm...those step workouts I still do and they are VHS tapes. :)
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Haha Jane Fonda for sure, circa 1982 :laugh: I graduated to Kathy Smith later down the road, but always found I did better at the gym..
  • davessweets
    Options
    My mom had 3 sweatin to the oldies tapes..i used to do those with her
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Mine was a Cindy Crawford video
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I did my mom's Kathy Smith Fat Burning VHS:laugh: back when I was still in grade school.
  • Lena1967
    Lena1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The Firm workout with weights, it was the first vcr tape of the series with master instructor Susan Harris in her yellow body suit and leg warmers. It's still one of the best workout that combines cardio with weights. I still have it and use it and it still kicks my butt! They were ahead of the game. The new firm cd's they all sound like stepford wives!

Me too! My first was actually Volume 4, the "short" workout at 42 minutes, because I was a student and couldn't afford the $50 for Volume 1. But I eventually collected them all. I wish I still had a VCR player -- those were great!

UpEarly, I can't believe you actually met Master Instructor Susan Harris (or MISH, as my sister used to call her). :happy:
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    "godess workout" aka belly dancing, also i worked out with scpressa or how ever you spell her name...lol
  • Darrknys
    Options
    in high school with 8 Minute Abs. I hated it but I think it did me a bit of good back then.
  • THINtense
    THINtense Posts: 42
    Options
    Carmen Electra's 'Fit to Strip" DVD's. I figured what a better way than to get fit & find some sexy dance moves! :laugh: :blushing:

OMG, me too! Fit to Strip! When I was like, fifteen! Scandalous!!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Early last Spring I did my first video...Ripped in 30. I could barely walk for days.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Cindy Crawford... yep that dates me!
  • babigurl86
    babigurl86 Posts: 138
    Options
    some rosemary conley video when i was 9 (copying )with my ma.........

who was wearing a black bag with cut outs for her arms and head......ghetto sauna suit,smh ,lol.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Buns of Steel step aerobics. Kicked my @ss....butt I think that was the idea (see what I did there....?). :smile:

This!!!!:laugh:
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    None, exercising in front of a tv just doesn;t seem like something that would interest me. Seems to be extremely popular.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Don't remember, but the one that changed my life was 30 Day Shred...No one does videos like Jillian (well for women anyway)!
  • navy1984
    navy1984 Posts: 57
    Options
    Billy blanks when he first had the TAPES!!! lol
  • kdpamd
    kdpamd Posts: 38
    Options
    Kathy Smith from the 80's. She had a pink leotard on. oh and Jan Fonda with the Rad Aqua leotard. LOL