Breakfast ideas? (I need to eat!)

Options

Replies

• candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    Any good breakfast ideas for a busy mom? I am so busy in the morning that I don't have time to eat. I used to just go to McDonalds on my way to work. I've been having slim fast bars or shakes most of the time, but am getting sick of them.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Fat free yogurt (greek or other) with granola and/or fruit mixed in.

I also have recently been cooking my own breakfast muffins on Sundays to last me through the work week. This allows me to add in wheat bran and reduce the amount of sugar.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I've been keeping it simple with three jumbo eggs and a peace of whole wheat bread. I'm usually sleeping late and in a rush out the door in the mornings, so it helps that I can just take it with me and scramble the eggs in the microwave at work.
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    eggs, yogurt, fruit, cream of wheat, eggs, eggs, more eggs.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    toast with peanut butter and banana, eggs, and a glass of almond milk (only the peanut butter and banana go on the toast)!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I have a packet of Weight Management Oatmeal every morning @ work. Fills me up and it's easy to pack...Weekends I tend to make egg beaters omelete wraps. Just so I have something in my belly, I'm good to go! But this morning I really wanted to make a pit stop at Subway for one of their morning sammys...
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal sometime but am not a big fan of it.

I've found that I'm not really enjoying the quaker oats as much as I used to anymore...have you tried oatmeal beyond the quaker/store brand quaker instant oatmeal?

Steel cut is great...there's also an instant brand called Better Oats "Oat Revolution" that is really good.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    On Biggest Loser season 5, they suggested Quakers Weight Control instant cereal! It is absolutely delicious!
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I like breakfast burritos. Lately i've been scrambling a couple eggs and put in small tortilla with avocado and some hot sauce-yummmmyyyy!! I'm not a big fan of eggs and avocado together but in the tortilla with hot sauce it's great!
  • melissashreds
    Options
    Shakeology here too! Vegan strawberry. I add almond milk and some frozen fruits. So delicious, I feel I am crazy cheating!
  • jero317
    jero317 Posts: 3
    Options
    I've started cooking the one minute loose oats for my oatmeal (instead of the instant packs), I add a 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries to my oatmeal and just a dab of honey - it makes the oatmeal SO much better! I'll never use those instant packages with the pellets of blueberry flavoring again.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    My new favorite breakfast:

Kashi or Grapenuts, soy milk, protein powder, banana, chopped almonds, and cinnamon. Leaves me full for hours!!!
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I found when I ate oatmeal for breakfast, I was hungry all day. I changed to having way more protein and I feel full longer. I have turkey sausage 1, scrambled egg 1, piece of nice toast with butter 1 (less than a teaspoon of butter - salt free) a piece of fruit. I eat at 5;30 am and am good to go until 10/10:30. Then I have an apple and some nuts. Holds me til lunch.

I cook enough sausages to last me a work week (5 days) and keep them in the fridge. I've made up eggs in muffin cups with sausage and cheese and spinach and frozen them. I can take one out before my shower and then I nuke it.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    higher protein. high fiber. you're eating empty carbs. cereal is better than nothing, but it's certainly not a good breakfast. I typically have some sort of vegetable, plus beans and protein. Today I had sauteed cauliflower.... AND a delish protein shake - chocolate whey protein, cocoa powder, dry instant coffee, black beans, white kidney beans, light soy milk, ice..... oh and canned pumpkin with vanilla protein mixed in.....

ate about 730am and didn't start getting hungry until around noon.

396 calories, 7g Fat, 39g Carbs, 17g fiber, 47g Protein, 294mg sodium.
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    Honestly,
    I am not a breakfast person. I get up way to early to even want food, let alone prepare it :laugh: and when I am a breakfast person, it is usually because of a special occasion.

So! I made a discovery :smile:

I looked into Nestle "Breakfast Essentials". It is full of vitamins and tastes like chocolate milk, even in fat free milk. It holds the place of breakfast until I am ready to have a morning snack. So far I know it comes in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla.

:flowerforyou:
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    3 whites with 1 egg whole 1 or 2 cups of raw baby spinach and a slice of reduced fat swiss cheese made into a omelet using olive oil cooking spray, 2 slices of low sodium turkey bacon and toasted sandwich thins or bagel thins whole grain with laughing cow strawberries and creams cheese spread. :bigsmile: I like a big breakfast and this is my FAV!!!!
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    On Biggest Loser season 5, they suggested Quakers Weight Control instant cereal! It is absolutely delicious!

I bought some and thought it was awful.
  • pat6250
    pat6250 Posts: 90
    Options
    Don't forget that a small portion of leftover dinner is fine, because it is usually well balanced (some protein to offset the carbs). A corn tortilla with mashed beans and a little cheese heated in the microwave is fast and filling. Or a sandwich on low cal bread that you made the night before can be grabbed out of the fridge. If you have time, put ice, a half banana, pineapple or orange juice and some yogurt in the blender for a smoothie. In Europe, they eat bread and cheese with coffee. Or yogurt and fruit. If mornings are rushed, prepare your fruit or whatever the night before and put it in the fridge with a sticky note that it is yours!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,011 Member
    Options
    I like to have
    fatfree yogurt
    smoothies
    english muffin with peanut butter
    crumpet with cream cheese and jelly
    fresh fruit
    egg scramble....scramble eggs with onion, bell pepper,
    sausage, tomatoe, spinach....whatever you want to add
    oatmeal.......you can dr it up with brown sugar, fruit, nuts, pb,
    cream of wheat
    breakfast burrito
    soft boiled egg on toast
    protein shake
    fiber one bars
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I toast 1/2 of a 100 calorie Sandwich flatbread round and spread with 1 tbsp of Nutella and then slice up 1/2 a banana and put on top of the nutella and eat! Super yum!