Options
12346»

Replies

• iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I usually eat one of two things...

-boiled egg and one slice of toast

-clif bar (white chocolate macadamia is the best!)
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal sometime but am not a big fan of it.

I've found that I'm not really enjoying the quaker oats as much as I used to anymore...have you tried oatmeal beyond the quaker/store brand quaker instant oatmeal?

Steel cut is great...there's also an instant brand called Better Oats "Oat Revolution" that is really good.

^This! i love oat revolution! i get the maple and brown sugar kind and put a serving of unsweetened applesauce in it to bulk it up and cool it down. it's 210 calories for the two together.
  • AssembledIncorrectly
    AssembledIncorrectly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I can't eat breakfast so I drink a SlimFast shake..
  • jts10
    jts10 Posts: 37
    Options
    Favorite thing in the whole world for breakfast? Here it is:

1/4 cup frozen blueberries
    1/4 cup frozen strawberries
    1/4 cup frozen peaches
    1/2 cup 100% pom. juice (I use pom wonderful)
    1/4 cup soy milk (but you can use real milk if you perfer)
    1 TBLS of flaxseed (added healthy omega 3s!)

blend it up! and eat it or perhaps drink it :P. If you want some added nutrients, I sometimes add some spinach or kale (which you can't taste since it's masked by the fruits)

Soo good. You can make something really similar for dessert without the flax or soy milk and it turns out very similar to sorbet. When I told my boyfriend that it was a health food he was super excited because it tastes so good.

If you want some more recipes let me know, I love breakfast. Also, if you get sick of oatmeal (which I do too because it gets old), add some frozen berries to it while you cook it and then top it off with a fresh banana. Helps with the fruit consumption but also helps to naturally sweeten the oatmeal without the added sugar.

Good luck!
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    This has become my regular:

- Thomas Bagel Thins whole grain
    - One whole fried egg
    - One egg white
    - One piece of Weight Watchers Reduced Fat cheese (tastes good, promise)
    - 3-4 slice of Jennie-O or Sara Lee turkey (cracked pepper tastes the best)

Altogether, it's 300 calories and 31 grams of protein. Keeps me full for hours.
  • JoannaLouden
    JoannaLouden Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I agree that the Oat Revolution is better than the Quaker. Tonight I got some of the Cinnamon Spice flavor of Better Oats....we'll see if it is any better! In the morning I'm doing a whole grain Thomas english muffin and a wedge of Laughing Cow chipotle cheese.
  • chandra38
    chandra38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am on a toast kick these days. Whole wheat toast with a tablespoon of almond butter. we can't have peanut butter in our house, so we switched to almond butter. it has won me over!