Guys: I have a question...help a girl out?

Options

Replies

• 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    You're a very pretty young lady. Go as yourself. How you feel comfortable. Don't let someone make you up they way they feel comfortable.

^^ I second this
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    And you had better tell us all how it went on Monday after getting all this advice
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I say go as yourself...it's gonna be nerve-wracking enough without having to worry about an eyelash falling into your food or a nail coming off while you're dancing!:embarassed:
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    If you walk into a blind date all made up like you're someone else, that's going to become his standard of you, by no fault of his own. Be yourself. Save the makeover for another date when he knows it's something you're doing "just for fun".
  • chicago_dad
    chicago_dad Posts: 357
    Options
    make-up is a subtle signal of insecurity about one's appearance, the same way hair gel and silly Jersey-Shore style clothing, primping, and accessorizing is for guys. Some guys will not overtly notice, but there is nothing more confident about the look of a woman sans make-up. Obviously, just my humble opinion, but there ya have it.
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Judging by your pcture i wouldnt bother, i think the guy will be made up with you as you are! Good luck!
  • ChubbyStudent25
    Options
    Some guys like a girl with alot of makeup and some guys like natural (or what they think is natural lol). If you go on this first date with full on makeup and then go on the second date looking like you normally do that is going to be weird so if you don't plan on keeping up with the made up look then I wouldn't go on a first date like that.
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    Don't mess around too much. You are pretty now and don't need a lot of makeup or falseness...just be you and have fun. I think you want to seen as you and for something you are not. You don't need to change anything or be made up to something you are not. I think most men prefer a woman that is more 'natural' with a little dazzle on...nothing over the top...
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I prefer the natural look. I like being able to touch my wife's face without worrying that I'm going to mess up her make up, or that my hand is going to be covered in blush/foundation/whatever it is.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    You're a very pretty young lady. Go as yourself. How you feel comfortable. Don't let someone make you up they way they feel comfortable.

best. answer. ever.
  • chicago_dad
    chicago_dad Posts: 357
    Options
    Here's the way to do the correct comparative empirics:
    1. go to this website: http://funbindass.com/supermodels-with-and-without-makeup/
    2. guys-- ask yourself, "if you were on a date with the girl on the left side (no make-up), and she wanted to fool around with you, would you be into it?"
    3. If the answer is yes, then look at the same girl on the right of the picture (w/ make-up), and, assuming you would still be into fooling around with her, ask yourself, "does the make-up lend the subtle suggestion that this girl has something to prove? that she thinks that she isn't sufficiently attractive w/out make-up? What is she trying to hide? She must be insecure about her appearance, I wonder what else she isn't secure about? She probably has lower self-esteem than I would have thought she had if she didn't have make-up on."...
    4. If one says yes to #2, and feels as described in #3, then, it's a no-brainer NOT to wear make-up.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I know I'm not a guy lol but I think if you let your friend give you a makeover, you wouldn't be going as you, really you'd be going as her. I'm a natural kind of girl too, all I wear is mascara, a bit of bronzer and lip butter, it's all very subtle, but I never used to be. I like the fact I can put on my make up within five minutes and not have to spend hours on it like some girls do.
    If he doesn't like you for who you are then it's his loss, because there will be someone who loves you for it.
    Whatever you decide, just go out and enjoy yourself:) xxx
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy either, but you are gorgeous. You don't need a bunch of fake stuff to make you look better. You already look fabulous.
    QFT
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I think women who put stacks of make-up on with fake tans, crazy lipstick etc look ridiculous.

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040527/040527_bozo_ccol.grid-4x2.jpg
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like a girl with subtle makeup. . makeup I don't notice. Fake eyelashes are horrible! (Fake boobs are nice, though. . lol). .I do love hair as well, so go to town on that. . But I don't really like it when it's full of product. . I like it to look soft, like I could run my fingers through it. . Good luck!
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Be yourself, go with whatever makes you comfortable.Just by asking this question, you already know what you want to do. Have a great time and you look awesome just the way you are!!!!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Just Be yourself.. that way if the relationship goes further you are yourself and not someone your friend wants you to be.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I don't think the amount of makeup or however you doll yourself up is going to be the determining factor of whether your date will be successful or not....if he's into you, you wouldn't need all that stuff anyway....
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I always dress up for dates, do my hair wear some extra makeup that sort of thing and if you are going out to a nice restaurant and dancing you want to look your best but still look like you. Maybe she can do your hair and give you some makeup without turning you into her. Tell her no fake nails or eyelashes or a ton of foundation. My cousin loves all that fake stuff but she is a makeup artist and when she did my makeup for weddings I have been in she does not do all that stuff to me but I still look nice. When I go out I do my own makeup which would be less than I'd use for a formal event but more than lip gloss and mascara.
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Don't dress up, but get vajazzled.

Put your effort into the things that the guy will care about.