Couch to 5K anyone?!? We start on monday!

Options

Replies

• fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!

W2D1 - DONE!! :drinker:

Clark...good for you ~ getting out and moving...and I agree about "couch taters"!!! :tongue:

Don't get discouraged my fellow movers....even if you do Week 1 over and over again....
    You're Moving!! :bigsmile:

Proud of all of us making an effort! :bigsmile:

Have a happy healthy day

Pam:flowerforyou:
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options

AHHHH!!! I feel so horrible guys. This week has been absolute hell with moving and dealing with all of lifes issues that i haven't even got around to W1D1... AND I STARTED THIS THREAD!!!! I am glad to hear that someone will be repeating this first week.

On a good note though, my work is doing a workout challenge. We just received two free total gyms so the managers are doing a competition. One will be staying here but the winner gets to take the other one home. I signed up yesterday! In order to win, you have to use the machine at least 3x a week for a minimum of 15 minutes each of those 3 days. the employee who looses the most body weight (by percentage) gets to take it home, do a 15 minute video about our favorite total gym routines, in interview and all sorts of stuff like that. I am going to combine that with my C25K program and I WILL WIN!!! A buddy of mine says he will win, i have to beat him out of sheer determination to prove him wrong haha! (a game he and I play)

Don't feel bad! That's not what this is about! It's about getting moving, even if it's not exactly what you had expected! And I know you can win that piece of equipment, wouldn't that be GREAT to get it free!!!

I know you can do it!

Thanks doll, i really appreciate that. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hey folks!!!!

so i must confess... W2D1- not good at all.... I made it to 3 runs (out of 6)! :noway: my shins were killing me, could hardly walk but i kept going :cry: :cry: guess i'll be repeating week 1 too........ hope everyone else is going well:flowerforyou:

dont give up guys!!!
  • kyleefreeman
    kyleefreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 2 just finished and I feel awesome, however like many posted before...day 2 seemed much more difficult than day 1! we'll see how day 3 goes on Wed! Keep it up everyone! :)
  • caseyamber
    Options
    I started today! After reading the boards, I was really excited to get going. My dog was not as helpful as I thought he would be, since he just wanted to sniff things and pee :smile:

Weds. will be day 2 for me!
  • sld63
    sld63 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'd like to join in too...:flowerforyou:

This is my second attempt - the first time I made it to w2 d2...

I did w1 d1 yesterday… felt really good – still feels good. I’m not a runner, never have been (usually trip over my feet just walking across a room! – Heh, call me Grace – for lack of…:laugh: ) This is my 2nd attempt at C2 5K… the first time I was doing it without any support network and just gave up. This time I’ve told a few friends plus I think using the board for support, help and advice will definitely help to keep me motivated.
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    For all of those having to repeat.........why are you so down on yourselves????
    The simple fact that you are off the couch and out moving is FABULOUS!!!!

I probably won't make it past W2D1.......Monday killed me!! Even if I'm on W1D1 for
    the whole 9 weeks.......I'm up off the couch and away from the remote!!

Proud of my C25K MFP family!! WE ROCK!!! :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart:

• m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    For all of those having to repeat.........why are you so down on yourselves????
    The simple fact that you are off the couch and out moving is FABULOUS!!!!

I probably won't make it past W2D1.......Monday killed me!! Even if I'm on W1D1 for
    the whole 9 weeks.......I'm up off the couch and away from the remote!!

Proud of my C25K MFP family!! WE ROCK!!! :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart:

I agree - there is nothing wrong with repeating days, or weeks. It is a process, we are asking our bodies to adapt to a new behavior, each persons body may make that change at a different rate. We all need to celebrate all of our successes. Just getting started is a success!!! Every step makes a difference!! Be positive and the change will come.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Every time I read a post that says how much it hurts - but you guys kept going - whether or not you walked and did the runs or not - every time that makes my heart soar!!!!!!!!! It is so inspirational to know that you're still going, still moving, still pushing through that 'wall' in order to improve.

And it's okay to rest, in fact you need to. And it's okay to repeat! That is not a failure!!! It's a super success that you're out there doing it in the first place!!

I'm so proud to be even a small part of this group, to be associated with you folks who are showing me such courage!!! Your determination will keep me going, and I am grateful for that!

God bless you all!!! So very much!!! And may the pain of this decrease with each passing day! May you begin to appreciate your own strength, and determination, and may you recognize a courage in yourself that you never knew was there.

Just doing this is huge! No we're not running a marathon, but maybe one day we will!!! We are moving in the right direction, that's all that matters!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    so on Sunday night I knew I was going to have trouble doing C25K on monday! Only because I had to be at Canada's Wonderland for 10am! So, I packed my running shoes and clothes into a bag to bring over to my boyfriend's place. I woke up at 730am just to do it! W2D1 Complete as of yesterday! It was rough, but it was good.

Wonderland was awesome this year, I don't know if any of you have been. I went on the Behemoth....I am terrified of heights and this is the first one we went on because we knew the line would be too long later. It was amazing! Every coaster after (and these ones normally scare me) were like riding the tea cups, it was nothing! The hills were so small. I recommend it to everyone!!!

Hope all is well.

Tommorow: W2D2
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Ok. So I have been keeping up with this thread since it started and was hesitant to join due to some chest pain that I was having last week and I wanted to make sure that I would have a great support system. So last night I done W1D1 with success. So if you all don't mind, I want to join. There are positive attitudes and a great support system here and that's just what I need.
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    Isn't it wonderful to find that you really can do it! Gratz an dwelcome!
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    woooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooo I finally made it thru the last 5 minute run on week 4 after sitting here for 2 weeks already. I am going to spend one more week at week4 just to make sure i CAN move on 100% to week 5 but i was so excited to finish it.

i went out and did the whole walk/run and then I timed it that i came running into the house, grabbed my dog, and pulled him outside for the last five minute run and he gave me the extra motivation I needed and then we walked for 25 minutes after that! I am sooooo happy!

I cant wait until Thursday to do it all over again. 5:45am was the best time to run becasue it was cool and no humidity :)

cheers and good luck to everyone running tomorrow!!!!
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    wow! look at everyone go!!! woot!!!!!!! :drinker:

keep up the good work group:flowerforyou:

i'm up for W2D2 tomorrow but i'm repeating Week 1 so since i only got thru 3 runs yesterday, i'm planning on still doing the full 3 days this week so W1D1 tomorrow!! :tongue: thought i was ready but boy was i wrong......lol........

TTYS!!

p.s. i keep getting confused on the threads....lol there are 3 c25k threads going on that started the same week. power to everyone who started (tried to get them to join us) but i keep :noway: , of course, love y'all the best! :love:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of everyone here - awesome awesome awesome! Sherry, welcome - glad you decided to join us.

I did Week 3, Day 1 today - and it went WELL!!!! I was pleasantly surprised. Have to admit, doing more of a "jog" pace than a run pace, but still - I feel strong and proud!

Thanks all, for being motivated, positive and supportive -this is awesome!
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    W2D2 done!!!

I'm glad to be a part of this group! And I wanted to say that walking for at least 5 minutes after the run really helps keep the soreness down!!

And running early in the morning is great! Never thought I'd be able to get up and do it!

Thank you all!
  • sld63
    Options
    Hi all!

You guys are so motivating and positive! I luv it! :heart:

I'm up for w1 day 2 today...scheduling is a beast this week... I think I picked the wrong week to start; but I'm planning on getting day 2 in today...as long as nothing else comes up...(auditors at work, hubbies bday tomorrow, dd *needs* to go shopping - tonight! of course to get her dads present, i-yi-yi...)

At least I did w1 d1 on monday, and bellydance class on tuesday... as a fail safe and if my tight schedule falls apart this afternoon, I'll get up early tomorrow morning and walk/jog around my neighborhood before going to work... heh, I should do that anyway as we're going out for hubbies bday dinner tomorrow night.

I just keep thinking of how good I felt after mondays walk/jog...and it would really help me unwind if the auditors and my boss have me going in circles again today...

Sherri
  • Wecandothis
    Options

I just keep thinking of how good I felt after mondays walk/jog...and it would really help me unwind if the auditors and my boss have me going in circles again today...

Sherri

You're exactly right! I never really want to go out there and do it - it's during and afterwards that I'm happy about it. If you can focus on how good you felt afterward it may keep you going!

I found out that I could only make time if I put my exercise as a top priority. Everything else was prioritized above things I did for myself - still is for the most part - except this. This is now Number one, and it gets done first. Because if I do this, then I'm going to be a million times better at everything - being a mom, keeping the house, doing my job - everything. So this now comes first - and that was hard to do.

Gratz on your determination!
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    finished W4D2 last night. It was really warm here!!! Still can't believe how well this program is working. I plan to do week 4 for 2 weeks. The 5 minute runs are a killer, but I"m doing them!!!

So great to hear everyones success.

Kurneckc - it definitely is the feeling afterwards that keeps me going too - it is hard to get started, but once I do I'm so happy to have it done.

Good luck to all
  • sld63
    Options

Sherri

You're exactly right! I never really want to go out there and do it - it's during and afterwards that I'm happy about it. If you can focus on how good you felt afterward it may keep you going!

I found out that I could only make time if I put my exercise as a top priority. Everything else was prioritized above things I did for myself - still is for the most part - except this. This is now Number one, and it gets done first. Because if I do this, then I'm going to be a million times better at everything - being a mom, keeping the house, doing my job - everything. So this now comes first - and that was hard to do.

Gratz on your determination!

Kurneckc, yea it is difficult to make it a priority. I had done well...telling hubby early this week that I would be going to the gym after work on m and w and would appreciate it if he would take dd shopping on w...he agreed, then she came to me complaining that she needs to get his bday present and can't do it with him around {imagine huge puppy dog eyes}... She's just home from a 3 week visit with her grandparents and aunt/uncle/6 month old niece in WV, and yes, mommy- guilt kicked in. (she's nearly 16 and knows how to push that button!)

Anyway, it's a step in the right direction for me - much more than I have ever done before...it's a new way of thinking of things...finding a solution instead of just saying "I can't"...

Sherri