LOVELY LADIES SUPPORT GROUP starts today!! 8/18/09

Options

Replies

• teeneu
    teeneu Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have had a rough few days. I don't even want to think about getting on the scale on Wednesday, but I will. I haven't worked out in 2 days, but I have plans to run when my husband gets home. I need some extra calories so I can have some dinner. It's been one of those days. I look forward to school starting soon (I am a teacher) in some ways because then I don't have free rein in my kitchen all day long.

Hope everyone is doing well and drinking their water! Which reminds me to go get a glass or 2!
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have had a rough few days. I don't even want to think about getting on the scale on Wednesday, but I will. I haven't worked out in 2 days, but I have plans to run when my husband gets home. I need some extra calories so I can have some dinner. It's been one of those days. I look forward to school starting soon (I am a teacher) in some ways because then I don't have free rein in my kitchen all day long.

Hope everyone is doing well and drinking their water! Which reminds me to go get a glass or 2!

Ahhh...water, I knew there was something I was missing....eeek!!!
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options

eww...I've been terrible about the water today!!! In fact, I think I have had 2 cups of coffee (which I very rarely drink) and a little tiny glass of water, and that's it! ...What am I thinking?????

I need to go drink, drink, drink.....:drinker:
  • 8turboturtle8
    Options
    8racefan8 - ohh, the first day of school!!! It can be an adjustment, and a stressfull one too!! Well, if you have to pig out, just try to make healthy choices! ( I know, easier said than done..) It's a great thing to start new with each meal! that's a really cool way to think and I have never thought of it that way. Thx for the tip! About the weight gain - it is probably just fluctuation...don't get down!!!

Thanks! I hope so, 'cause if I wanted to be this weight, I would eat what I want and sit on my butt all the time :laugh: ...like how I got here in the first place. I pray the weight gods have some mercy on me soon...just toss this girl a bone is all I ask :laugh:
  • jtodacheeny
    Options
    8racefan8 - ohh, the first day of school!!! It can be an adjustment, and a stressfull one too!! Well, if you have to pig out, just try to make healthy choices! ( I know, easier said than done..) It's a great thing to start new with each meal! that's a really cool way to think and I have never thought of it that way. Thx for the tip! About the weight gain - it is probably just fluctuation...don't get down!!!

Thanks! I hope so, 'cause if I wanted to be this weight, I would eat what I want and sit on my butt all the time :laugh: ...like how I got here in the first place. I pray the weight gods have some mercy on me soon...just toss this girl a bone is all I ask :laugh:

Ug, I know! Last week was a pretty terrible food week, so on Friday I buckled down and hopefully will see an improvement over last week....grrr

Except for my lack of hydration today, which I didn't even think about until I saw that last post - hmmmm
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I worked out with Cindy Whitmarsh and did 10 Days to a Better Body Upper. Feel full of energy right now. :happy: Weekends are always horrible for me, but should improve once we are done with our weekend hobby. I tend to eat really horribly, because a hot butter rum muffin just taste so dang good. :tongue: Might get in a run after work today, and work on my push-ups also. Need to improve my upper body strength. :wink: I will be weighing in tomorrow morning. :smile:
  • melmel12
    melmel12 Posts: 21
    Options
    a little scared... ok so i am trying to be healthy and eat better, but whenever I eat I feel sick, to the point where I am about to loose it all. My stomach feels sour and there is no way that i can eat the amount of food I could before. is there something wrong?
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

I am not excited about weighing in tomorrow because Aunt Flo is here.:grumble: I guess all I can hope for is not to gain right? I haven't been able to control the salt cravings!! :angry:

Next week I will feel better since she will be gone!
  • 8turboturtle8
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

I am not excited about weighing in tomorrow because Aunt Flo is here.:grumble: I guess all I can hope for is not to gain right? I haven't been able to control the salt cravings!! :angry:

I totally understand...I wish I had a reason for my "issues". I just want to cry, I want to eat, I want to feel full....but it doesn't happen. Even as "bad" as I was yesterday, I was never satisfied. Today I am back on the wagon and feel so empty and lost and defeated...UGH...maybe it is about that time...:sad: :explode: :sad: :explode: :sad: :explode: :sad: :explode: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hello!! I would love to join this positive and upbeat group!!! My name is Shawn and I am 31 years old. I'm single and have no kids (although my biological clock is ticking so loud it keeps me up at night :happy: ). I've been on this weight loss roller coaster most of my life. I'm now trying to concentrate on being happy while I'm trying to get healthy!!! I'm slowly realizing that I must love me and be secure in who I am before I can find Mr. Right (by the way I'm taking suggestions about how to meet a great guy) and love him for who he is. Well that being said, I love MFP and I love these support groups. You guys seem great and I can't wait to get to know you all better.

Incidently, in my picture I'm the one on the left :happy: :bigsmile: !!!!
  • jtodacheeny
    Options
    a little scared... ok so i am trying to be healthy and eat better, but whenever I eat I feel sick, to the point where I am about to loose it all. My stomach feels sour and there is no way that i can eat the amount of food I could before. is there something wrong?

Are you pregnant???
  • jtodacheeny
    Options
    leshawnturner - Of course!! You are more than welcome! And we are all on a different part of the same jouney - it's always easier to go on a long journey with support and love, so here ya go!!!
  • jtodacheeny
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

I totally understand...I wish I had a reason for my "issues". I just want to cry, I want to eat, I want to feel full....but it doesn't happen. Even as "bad" as I was yesterday, I was never satisfied. Today I am back on the wagon and feel so empty and lost and defeated...UGH...maybe it is about that time...:sad: :explode: :sad: :explode: :sad: :explode: :sad: :explode: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Isn't crazy how a little bit of hormone makes us all crazy??? :laugh:
  • labamba
    labamba Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi All

Been a good week for me I have lost 3lbs and have done since Saturday 10.5 miles of walking which has helped. Started a new job yesterday (same job but new location and boss) and working late shifts so my evening walking may be reduced! Still its nice to lose some weight. How is everyone else doing this week?

Enjoy your week.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

129995.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh-in

SW: 158
    CW: 144
    GW: 135 (Nov 1)

down a pound from last week. Exercise and running are going great!!! Feels so good to be making progress after a few weeks of plateau.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been keeping up this week - it's been a busy one. I'll check back in later today and read you guys's updates. :flowerforyou:

As for wednesday weigh-in, I'm pleased.

start- 179
    week1 - 179
    week2 - 178

just one pound, but i'll take it! :heart:
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    Woooooo-Hooooooo!!!!!!

Hello Lovely Ladies!!

Hope your week has been going well!

8/12/09 start date 163.8 lbs
    8/19/09 162.8.....lost one pound!
    8/26/09 162.2.....lost 1/2 pound & 1 inch in waist! Yay! I am so excited!!

Have a great week and keep up the good work everyone! :love:

Erin
  • jtodacheeny
    Options
    YeeeHaa Ladies!!! Great weigh-in today!!! :tongue:

8/19/09 - 235.6
    8/26/09 - 231.8

ALMOST 4 Lbs!! Yeah!!! My first minigoal is 230 lbs by Aug 30 (my son's 4th birthday) and it looks like Iam well on my way to that one!!!wooohoooo!!!

Have a great day, all you L.L's out there!! Keep working hard - it IS paying off even if some days it doesn't feel like it. :flowerforyou:
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    Well it looks like we are doing pretty good for our weigh-ins.

8/19/09: 162.5
    8/26/09: 160.5

I checked some of my measurements also.
    Waist: Stayed the same
    Hips: -1/4"
    Thighs: -1/4"

So not to bad overall :glasses:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    YeeeHaa Ladies!!! Great weigh-in today!!! :tongue:

8/19/09 - 235.6
    8/26/09 - 231.8

ALMOST 4 Lbs!! Yeah!!! My first minigoal is 230 lbs by Aug 30 (my son's 4th birthday) and it looks like Iam well on my way to that one!!!wooohoooo!!!

Have a great day, all you L.L's out there!! Keep working hard - it IS paying off even if some days it doesn't feel like it. :flowerforyou:

WOW great job!! :bigsmile: 4lbs is AWESOME! you'll hit your goal no problem! My little man will be 3 in September - where has the time gone?! I know where the pounds have gone. :laugh: