I need some opinions on implants or not...

Options

Replies

• curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of leaning towards the breast lift and the implants though...I was just curious of others and wanted to hear some unbias thoughts, opinions, and experiences. My hubby totally supports me and says he loves me the way I am, but he will totally support me if I get implants as well.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    if you want um get um, just get them from a realy good doctor so your not all frankinstineish:smile:

Frankenboobs are BAD!!!!!!!!
  • slong19642002
    slong19642002 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are luck to be a C cup. Try Being a 38DDD. I have back problems when i do to much house work, exercise etc.. I have permament indentation on my shoulder's due to the weight of these girls. I would love to be a C cup again, but can't afford the surgery. Think really had about it. C is the perfect size!!!!!
  • lking125
    lking125 Posts: 25
    Options
    Doesnt health insurance cover a reduction? My friend had the surgery and it was covered. You may want to look into that.
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have thought about them, myself. I would like to get to my goal weight, first, and then see how I feel. My chest is the first place I lose and the last place I gain! 38 C seems like a good size, if you ask me. Have you considered waiting until you are finished losing weight, to see how your body looks at your goal weight? What is the hurry? You say you want to take the focus off your tummy, but if you finish losing the weight, it may not even be an issue. I always say that I don't want to put brand new rims on this old, beat-up Buick! LOL
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Implants will NOT make you feel better about yourself..that being said I have them (since I was 22 ..so 12 years..on my third set) and cant imagine life without them, however it is a decision that should not be taken lightly...and I CANNOT stress enough...WILL NOT MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF.

Do you mind me asking why you are on your third set already? 12 years and 3 sets seems like a lot. My plastic surgeon gave me the lists of reason why you would need them replaced, but I was wondering how you had 3 problems with them already.

I had my first set for 10 years...totally complication free however implants are not lifetime devices and could need Replacement...mine did..And unfortunately the second set didn't work out so well and a required a third surgery shortly after.

Just to be clear...I am all for implants...but they can be more complicated than just popping them in! Not saying u think that is the case. But I may have done some things differently if I could do it all over again.
  • lking125
    lking125 Posts: 25
    Options
    I have a lot of friends that had implants, their biggest recommendation, find a plastic surgeon who also does reconstructive breast surgery, don't opt for the cheapest because its the best deal. My biggest concern is, it seems the older you are, the higher risk of something else happening.

In the end, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, says or does, it is what you want and what will make you the happiest. It is your body.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    ok, as a guy, I am repulsed at women that get implants. I think it makes women look cheap and vain. Leave the implants where they belong, strippers and pro wrestlers.

Do I look like a ProWrestling stripper sir?
  • mrsmerrithew
    mrsmerrithew Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If it's what YOU want. By all means, GO FOR IT!!

I want fake ones when I reach my goal weight, and I am currently a C - for all those people who are telling you NOT to because you're already a C - they've never seen deflated DD's that turned to C's. Like you, I'm worried mine may get even smaller with the last 15 - 30 I want to lose. Regardless, if I'm a C when I reach goal weight, I'd still like a cup size bigger.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    ok, as a guy, I am repulsed at women that get implants. I think it makes women look cheap and vain. Leave the implants where they belong, strippers and pro wrestlers.

Yeah, I thought that was kind of rude to stereotype them also...There's lots of different reasons for someone wanting or getting implants.
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have them, I love them, they were the right choice for ME. It has to be your personal choice! No one else can make it for you. Each person has their own idea of what breast size is right for them, whether that means a reduction, a lift, or implants. Just do your research.

A few incorrect points made:
    1. They will not stay perky when you are old. They sag like real breasts do. You'll have to ask for that look if you want it.
    2. They have to be replaced, but there is no specific time limit. Some women have a rupture early, that is what the warranty is for. Others last for 20+ years with no issues. But if you decided to have surgery you have to go into it knowing that the possibility is there for future surgeries.
    3. Complication rates are not as high as they seem. You can google Mentor or Allergan implant studies and get stats for this. Plus some doctors have a higher or lower rate based on technique.
    4. Confidence and how your surgery impacts you is incredibly individual. Some women realize they went too big or too small, resulting in another surgery. Others go back for a lift when they did not originally have one. Some have them removed. Others find themselves perfectly happy. How it will impact you, no one will know. Personally, they help me feel more comfortable with my body, but they did not change my personality like so many people assume they do.
    5. They don't feel like hard balls, unless you ask for that. Especially when you have natural tissue! There are women with implants that you'd never know have them.
    6. Implants do not weigh the same as natural tissue. They could be more or less depending on the individual's breast and tissue type.
    I know you love your surgeon that did your tummy tuck, but don't be afraid to get other opinions. You want a doctor that does a lot of breast surgeries, is experienced with women with more natural breast tissue. There are tons of resources to use for research, if you'd like some please feel free to send me a message. Good luck with your choice! You'll find what is right for you.
  • WinWinGo
    WinWinGo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    As a guy I don't think you would need them. If you want to be bigger up there, try working out your chest muscles. Be happy with the new who you are becoming.

Working your chest muscles will not make your boobs bigger.

But they will lift them a little bit, and tone pectoralis major, which can help appearance-wise.

It's up to you OP. I think it would probably help to wait a bit if you're planning to lose more weight. See how you look then. In the mean time, I think chest exercises would probably be helpful. After all, you can get decent cleavage with big enough pecs. :smile:
  • KelliA0628
    KelliA0628 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

THANK YOU! I meant to respond to that as well. I don't look like a stripper or prowrestler either!! Stereotypes are RIDICULOUS!!
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Lose the weight first, then get your implants.

If you put them in now and your body changes drastically after your weight loss, you may need ANOTHER lift for your breasts or you might regret the size you had chosen for yourself.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Doesnt health insurance cover a reduction? My friend had the surgery and it was covered. You may want to look into that.

you basically have to jump thru hoops to get it. if you are overweight, you have to lose the weight first. then, you need to have a series of documented ailments - back pain, bra strap indentations, etc. for over a year before they will consider covering. at least that was my insurance....
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Lose the weight first, then get your implants.

If you put them in now and your body changes drastically after your weight loss, you may need ANOTHER lift for your breasts or you might regret the size you had chosen for yourself.
    I agree with this 100%.
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I say no. Boobs are nice, but if you are getting smaller and smaller from losing weight and your boobs match your body why mess with it? I knew a girl who was a size 6, no butt and had DD implants. SHe looked ridiculous and they looked really fake and dumb. However, if you lose ALL your boobs and want to go like to a C and be perkier, then I would be all for that!

I want to say that I am a smaller person - size zero - and I wear a 30DD bra. They are all mine - not impants - and I have never been told they look too big on me.

So I can only think that implants the girl you knew had looked fake and dumb because they were fake and dumb - not because of the size of the person that had them.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm! Boobies!
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    I am getting me some big ol bewwwbs after I get where I want. Can't wait..
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I love mine and would do it over again in a heartbeat. I'm 2 years post op, went from a 34A to a 32D.