Anybody else hate their smile?

Options

Replies

• Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    ive never liked smiling in pictures, i have crooked teeth and have done since i was a kid. i tend to cover my mouth when i laugh or smile.

i cant afford braces... maybe one day but its not high on my priorities atm... i do get self conscious about them sometimes but i take care of them and they dont actually hinder me from speaking or eating and i have never had any dental dramas so its just the cosmetic side to it that i would want to fix.
  • iCACTUS
    iCACTUS Posts: 113
    Options
    I hate my smile. My teeth are not as white as I'd like them to be and are far from perfect.

Maybe someday I'll make peace with my smile.

Like Kaleidoscope said, I'm famous for my smirk, however.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    my teeth are bad. They are off-center and crooked. I do everything I can to hide them. None of my wedding pics are any good because of it. (except the one where I've got my face buried in my husband's collar).
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to smiling. I smile all the time but when a camera gets trained at me I immediately adopt a serious expression... why? Because I hate my smile!!! And I absolutely hate seeing it in pictures because it's horrible.

No. My teeth aren't bad.
    No. It's not a crooked smile...

It's just that... well... it's an ugly smile. I don't know how else to describe. I've even had people comment on how ridiculous my smile is!!! (strangers of course, friends would never dare. Haha)

Anybody else hate their smile??? Why? Why not? What do you do to overcome your dislike of your smile?
    Urgh always, ever since I was a child. I have no idea why, everyone says I have such a beautiful smile but I hate it. Nothing's wrong with my teeth or anything, but I just don't like it. I laugh alot but if I catch someone looking at me when I'm laughing over something, I immediately stop and pull a serious face, but my friends have said I look like I'm giving whoever it was evils. Completely unintentional though. I love my sister's smile however.. lol.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    i simply 'like' my smile. i'm glad i get complimented on it quite often. i definitely don't like my "i have to smile for the camera" smile, but there are quite a few pictures that are close to candid where i really DO like my smile. I think of myself as a pretty girl, but i have never really thought to have a great smile so i'm always very pleasantly surprised when strangers compliment me on my smile ( and it happens very often! example--the first day of school, my professor said I have a really sweet & endearing smile).
    eh .
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Everyone always compliments my smile, but I don't always like smiling because I have very round, high cheekbones and sometimes I feel like they stick out too much when I smile. Hopefully losing more weight will make them less pronounced.
  • Teapotdomescam
    Options
    I am VERY self conscious about my teeth. I dunno, they are just all wrong lol. I have tried to smile with my teeth showing in pictures before and have discovered that they only look fantastic when the camera is blurred. I HAVE PROOF OF IT!! I have a blurred picture and a non blurred picture, completely different lol.
    I laugh all the time though and I LOVE smiling
    just not for the camera I suppose ;)
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Me!.. dunno why but I do hate my smile :sick:
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Me. I almost feel like I don't even know how. Fine with no camera, but as soon as I see a pic of me smiling...*shudder*
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I started this thread thinking a few people would agree with me but I'm genuinely surprised to see so many people who feel the same way I do!

I'm not sure I can offer much support since I still refuse to smile when a camera is pointed at me but I guess all I can say is, at least we're not alone!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I can't smile. When I try, I look like a serial killer.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    i do. I tend to either purse my lips all stupid or smile a bug gummy smile. ugh. I just try to do a closed-mouth half smirk if anything lol
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    LOVE my smile - HATE my GUT!!!
  • clockworkkarly
    Options
    ME! i don't know why but my mouth cannot form a smile. when i try to smile i just look maniacal. my lips don't curve correctly for some reason... so when i smile it's more like my mouth makes a rectangle shape instead of a half moon shape. hahahahaha it's ridiculous.

i also have rather large front teeth compared to the rest of my teeth which are on the smaller side. oh well!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I despise my smile but it is because my teeth are crooked. Oh yeah, and I have that stupid thing where my gums show. But I smile all the time and I look mean when I don't smile. :) Maybe one day I will have enough money to get the smile fixed.
  • lrgirl81
    lrgirl81 Posts: 14
    Options
    Yes. I have straight nice teeth, but when I smile with my teeth showing, my cheeks raise up and make my eyes look all squinty. It seriously makes me look like I have a lower IQ.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I have a gap that has progressively gotten bigger the last few years...I love to smile, but when I think someone is looking at the gap, it goes to a close-mouthed smile...

But I honestly believe -- looking at all the unique smiles all over the world -- that the only imperfect smile is a fake smile.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    4/sure-confident in my body-not in smile teeth...;-(
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I hate my smile. It's ok when I keep my mouth closed but I have gaps so big behing my eye teeth that it looks like I have teeth missing. Front teeth are fine but I have gaps top and bottom behind those eye teeth. I hate it! And I smile a lot too and even forget to close my mouth during pics so about half the pictures of me look like I have teeth missing. -___- *sigh*
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I hate my smile because I have a gap.