Baby kitten help

Options
1235»

Replies

• NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Don't take it back, that's dangerous for the kitty. Definitely take him/her to the vet or shelter. Hope everything's sorted
  • All_Mimsy
    All_Mimsy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Update?
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update..

I took yesterday off work to take care of her (it ended up being a female cat). She would wake up every three hours or so and cry LOUDLY until she was fed. Feeding the cat formula through the bottle took about 45 minutes per feeding because she drank so slowly.

There aren't very many vets around here, but I called all of them I could find. None of them were able to get the kitten in for a quick checkup yesterday. I was able to find a special extra small bottle at one of the vets which was finally small enough to feed her, and the vet assistants said she at least "looked" normal without the actual vet doing a complete inspection.

I had to look around pretty far and wide, but I finally found an animal shelter that was willing to take her. They have a nursing mother cat, and the lady I spoke to said they have a very high adoption rate for kittens. I think she's going to be okay.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    i am so pleased to hear this - you have done a wonderful thing. :-)
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the update and God bless you for being such a compassionate person. :flowerforyou:
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update..

I took yesterday off work to take care of her (it ended up being a female cat). She would wake up every three hours or so and cry LOUDLY until she was fed. Feeding the cat formula through the bottle took about 45 minutes per feeding because she drank so slowly.

There aren't very many vets around here, but I called all of them I could find. None of them were able to get the kitten in for a quick checkup yesterday. I was able to find a special extra small bottle at one of the vets which was finally small enough to feed her, and the vet assistants said she at least "looked" normal without the actual vet doing a complete inspection.

I had to look around pretty far and wide, but I finally found an animal shelter that was willing to take her. They have a nursing mother cat, and the lady I spoke to said they have a very high adoption rate for kittens. I think she's going to be okay.

Thank you...it's people like you who help restore my faith in humanity. So glad this had a happy ending :)
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update..

You are such a kind and caring person for doing this. Makes my heart smile!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    first and most important feed it. Get to a pet store and buy some mothers milk and a bottle. Do not feed it regular milk! It can give cats diarrhea which dehydrates them. Then contact your local vet. If you put it back outside it will most likely die.

I have been through this many times. In fact the cat I have now I found outside less than three weeks old-bottle fed her and now she is 5 years old. Another one (that has since passed) lived to be 10 and when I found her-she was only a day old.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update..

Thanks for up dating us. You are such a kind person to do this. Nice to know there are a few of us left in this world.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update..

Wow, you are awesome!! :drinker:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update..

Yay!! I hope baby kitty gets a good home now. You're awesome for taking the poor thing in. :love:
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    This is great!! So glad you went the extra mile to make sure this baby was taken care of!
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hurray for kitty! Thanks for the update. You are a really kind soul :smile:

It's true...kittens are the first to be adopted!
  • All_Mimsy
    All_Mimsy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update..

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :flowerforyou: You saved that kitten's life. Bless you!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Yes.. God Bless you for saving the kitties life. Good Job... :flowerforyou: The one MFP member who said to name it Sophie.... That was my cat-childs name... I did not find her in a Sofa thou... I got her at the SPCA many many years ago. Hopefully that kitty you saved will be someones buddy & source of comfort for a long long time. I think its great that you saved her.