Out of Curiousity, What is your resting heart rate

Options

Replies

• kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    42 is the lowest I've seen on myself -- usually around 46. Not sure what it is if I don't exercise because I've always been an exerciser (and a hearty eater who can sometimes outpace that exercise! :wink: )
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have recently been learning more about this subject this site I found really explains it in a very simple format for anyone who is confused by any of this.
    Congrats to all of you for lowering your RHR and to those of you who are now on their way to an ATHLETES RHR according to the charts!! woo hoo!! :drinker:

http://www.heart.com/heart-rate-chart.html
    Thanks, this is interesting. I am just always curious about how other people are experience the changes I've noticed in myself. It sure looks like many people are defintely improved from where they began, and some that are in amazing shape.
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Fluctuates 40-50 over the last few months.
    I check it once a week.
    Was 48 this week.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Around the 70s
  • babareeba
    babareeba Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    do you all measure your RHR right away after waking up, or during sitting and resting? Mine is 43 after waking up, and around 58 during sitting and doing nothing. so, which of these is my RHR?
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    50, down from 80 :)
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    right now its 59.
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Resting heart rate is about 53 according to my HRM :)
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this topic cos mine is 41 when I first wake up and when I told the nurse the other day she seemed a bit freaked out!! She checked it in the surgery when she did my blood pressure and it was at 49.

When she freaked out I started thinking maybe there was something wrong with me but it looks like I'm not alone with a low HR! I've always done lots of cardio.
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    low 60's

but it does not take much to make it jump to 100
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    I checked today and mine is 54 on days after i had a rest day.

Your heartrate is higher on days after you did workouts as your body is still recovering from the workouts. Its also a way to see if you are overtraining. If it doesnt go down 2 days after the workout that could be a sign of overtraining. It generally needs to go down after that initial day of higher heartrate

So like this:
    morning of workout: 55
    Day after workout: 60
    Second day after workout: 56

The only time I'd be taking a 2 day break if I was injured.
    I just put on my heart rate monitor and sat still on the couch for a minute, and I got to 43. I ran 17.5 miles yesterday.
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Mine used to be 96 last year before i started loosing weight and exercising. Now its 62.
  • bobbyandthekid
    Options
    Right Now...about 78. Sometimes in the 60s sometimes in the 80s
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    My wife gave me a heart rate monitor last year. It recorded a resting heart rate of 56 and I weighed around 260 at the time, maybe more. Not sure.

Recently my resting heart rate has come down to 41.

Right now the bad part is doing C25K I was hitting 99%(176) for max heart rate.
    220-43 years old = 177 Max heart rate.
    It is coming down to 94-96%
    I have a doctor visit in a few days to check this out.

I have been checking my recovery heart rate recently.
    Check exercise heart rate right at time or seconds before I enter rest period.
    Get another heart rate reading 60 seconds after rest period begins.
    I have seen some websites say to check at 1 minute and others say 2 minutes.
    Anyway my recovery heart rate is averaging 25% which correlates to about 32-45 beat per minute recovery.

220 - Age is a very rough estimate of your max heart rate. My wife's max heart rate is a good bit higher than that formula suggests, and mine is a bit lower.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    59 :)
  • amusco_rn
    amusco_rn Posts: 32
    Options
    between 49-52
  • tiggertail
    tiggertail Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My resting rate when I joined mfp was 80-95.....now that I'm 8.5kg lighter & somewhat fitter it's between 40-48. I was in hospital at the end of last year & they actually had to disconnect the monitors because the alarms kept going off!
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    before i couldn't tell you, I didn't ever check. now it's 55 :-)
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have records going back a few years

Jan 08 - 80
    Feb 08 - 86
    Aug 10 - 76
    Sept 11 - 94 (!!) - started walking in Aug 11
    Oct 11 - 78
    Dec 11 - 69
    2 seconds ago - 66