Brides to be using feeding tubes

Options
dmpizza
dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
This is an article about brides using feeding tubes to diet.
Disgusting and vulgar.

Discuss please.

http://gma.yahoo.com/k-e-diet-brides-using-feeding-tubes-rapidly-080053646--abc-news-health.html

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I find that to be incredibly sad, and I hope it does not become a trend.

I understand that the last thing a bride wants to worry about on her wedding day is her dress not fitting, but I still believe there is plenty of time between "Will you marry me?" and "I do" to lose weight in a safe, healthy way. And isn't it sort of standard practice to have multiple fittiings, even right up until the week of the wedding, to make sure the dress still fits?

I'm curious what the prospective grooms of these women think about what they are doing to themselves. I think in general, most men would say this is ridiculous, but I wonder how much effort might have been made to talk them out of it.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I just read this article and was about to post. DISGUSTING!

My favorite quote, "I don't have all of the time on the planet just to focus an hour and a half a day to exercise so I came to the doctor, I saw the diet, and I said, 'You know what? Why not? Let me try it. So I decided to go ahead and give it a shot."

I want to choke this woman with her feeding tube.....
  • Jessk63
    Jessk63 Posts: 51
    Options
    I read about that this morning....its awful...and I totally agree i'd love to strangle that woman with her feeding tube....I especially liked when she talked about how the Dr. asked her to try to compliment the "diet" with a walk on the beach and said I just didn't feel like it...soooo maybe laziness is why that 10lbs just wouldn't come off before the tube....honestly it sound dangerous and disgusting!
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I heard this on the radio on my way to work this morning! It's like $1500 for 10 days because you can lose from 20-30 pounds! This is insane. I'm like "Honey, your *kitten* will gain more than that while being pregnant". It's crazy! All of us would love that hot body, but I'm here to tell them "All skinny isn't healthy". Sadly, I know there are thousands already ordering! LOL
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I saw it on GMA today.

I think the photo they use on the article is hysterical, and very sad. Gaunt and drawn with dark circles under the eyes... isn't that every bride's dream of how they'll look on their wedding day?!
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    I read that this morning too I was like OMG WTH!!!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    What guy would want to marry a woman that sick!?
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Sick, sick, sick.
    Sick that the woman is too lazy to do anything...
    sick that we are that weight obsessed as a society...
    sick that a doctor would actually go along with this bulls***t for purely VAIN reasons.

Oh - and yes - you usually get your dressed fitted a couple of times (depending on how long you have from time of purchase till the big day)...
    and honestly 20-30 lbs in that short of a time? Yeah...cuz that is healthy.

And your right - if you are worried about 10 lbs you might want to skip pregnancy.
  • maureen173
    maureen173 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Love your picture of RP, btw! He is awesome!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Why do people lose weight for a wedding anyway? Why not just change the lifestyle and stick with it?
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'd like to strangle the doctor.
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    "Within a few hours and your hunger and appetite go away completely" - Yep, very low blood sugar'll do that to you. :/

Depressing read.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    This is what happens when people with too little sense have too much money.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    If I were engaged to someone and they VOLUNTEERED to use a feeding tube, it would be a deal breaker.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Bad breath and constipation 10 days before you get married. Hmmm yes please!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    It's better than the tapeworm diet:

http://www.dietsinreview.com/diets/Tapeworm_Diet/

.... but not by much.

Imagine the weight you'd lose if you had a tapeworm AND the 800 calorie feeding tube?!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    And this has been your daily WTF moment.
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I cannot fathom why anyone would think this was a good idea. I can understand why you would want to look your best on your wedding day, but a feeding tube for ten days seems extreme and very sad.
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If I were engaged to someone and they VOLUNTEERED to use a feeding tube, it would be a deal breaker.

That's what I was thinking. I think my husband would feel the same.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    In the BL episode from last week featuring Michelle Obama Bob said something along the lines of: if the First Lady can find an hour per day to get on the treadmill how is it that other people find it so hard? I understand a busy schedule, but if you have an hour to watch TV, you have an hour to move. It's just another easy way out, and I think it's disgusting.