Best car you owned and wish you never got rid of?

Options

Replies

• jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My very first car was a 1963 Ford Anglia. Looked a lot like the Harry Potter flying car except mine was a station wagon.
    But I was GLAD to get rid of that one. :happy:
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I miss my '88 Honda CRX. Sitting in the driver's seat made you feel like you were in a rocket! I miss her... She would be of no use here in Colorado.

ooh I had an '87 CRX. loved it.
  • XoSaraoX
    XoSaraoX Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    never get rid of my celica.. put too much money in her :) but soo pretty..
    4793_210874005544_509685544_7361056_2846888_n.jpg
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    1976 Pontiac Grand Prix. 455 CID V8, Keystone mags, adjustable air shocks,dual exhaust Cherry Bombs, Holley 4 banger, drilled 0.030 over. T-tops, Ugly *kitten* gold paint job
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the Camaro I have now (see ticker), but I do wish I had been able to hold onto my '76 Trans Am.

The T/A needed a lot of work though. It had no air conditioning with a black vinyl interior. Not fun in south Florida. A chunk of the frame was rusted out, and the transmission was shot. While I owned it, I replaced the oil pump because the old one kept blowing off filters. I also had to replace the motor mounts because it would drop out of gear when I made a left turn and the engine shifted out of place.

I had a 2005 Hemi Dodge Magnum that I loved too, but I had to give it up for a van when my daughter grew into a larger wheelchair.
  • danitravels
    Options
    It isn't anything special, but I wish I still had my 97 Jetta. That thing had so much get up and go, I could beat my mom in her BMW off the line. Now I live in Korea and don't have a car... man I miss driving!!
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    never get rid of my celica.. put too much money in her :) but soo pretty..
    4793_210874005544_509685544_7361056_2846888_n.jpg

Nice Kami kit!

I was going to sell my Celi but I love the economy of the vehicle too much...I took it back to stock and now it's my beater.

IMG_0638.jpg
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,791 Member
    Options
    Still wish I had my 1951 Plymouth Belvedere. If those seats could only talk.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I drove a red convertible Chrysler Lebaron for seven years. A friend did some stuff to the engine (what, I have no idea: no mind for mechanics) and it went FAST. The back ended up covered in obnoxious bumper stickers. Hail damage from a tornado made it look like sort of like a ping pong ball.

Not a day goes by that I don't miss that car.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    It's silly, but my first Subaru Legacy. It wasn't a honey of a car like a GTO, or my dream car like a 1995 Mazda RX-7, but it was a great car . . . my parent gave it to me so I didn't have any car payments, it ran like it was bought yesterday, it wasn't crazy expensive to fix. When the alternator went I replaced it and instead of keeping it got scared and turned it in for a newer model of the same car. The second car also came with a HUGE monthly payment, and never quite ran as well as the first one, I should have never let that 1996 Subaru go . . .
  • goofyrick24
    goofyrick24 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    1986 Toyota Corolla GTS origional hatchback with the AE86..!!!!
  • twinswin1
    twinswin1 Posts: 25
    Options
    Brad, my Chevy Lumina, dull but reliable. Man, I miss him.

Barry, my Ford Explorer, our very first brand new car, over 10 yrs old and just under 70k. Hey, we never go anywhere. We'll have that baby forev -- crunch!

Okay. Pablo! My new GMC Sierra which replaces Barry.

Men in their 40s and four wheel drive vehicles in the snow -- a crunchy combination.
  • rvpearson
    rvpearson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had a 1967 Camaro RS/SS. I was blue with a black top, loved that car! Sold it many years ago when my husband had cancer. Hated to see it go, but the $ helped get our family through a really rough time. I would really like to get one of the new Camaros some day!! :)
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    The BEST (reliable) car I ever owned was my 1986 Acura Legend.
    My Father bought it brand new and I bought it from him in 1999.
    V6 with a 5 speed.
    At 300,000 miles, the AC still blew cold and it ran perfectly and, was fairly quick.

The best (fun) car was my 1980 Malibu.
    It had a transplanted 327 and would run 13.3 in the 1/4 and was still a daily driver with AC.
    I have no doubt I could have gotten 12 flat with a bit of work.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    Mine was the best car I ever owned and wished I would never have ran it into a tree..

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE. Her name was Marilyn. Loved her. Marilyn was put to rest October 4, 2010 at aprox. 2.30am. Rip.
  • cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    1984 Chevy Silverado
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    2004 Ford Fiesta, silver, dents to both wings. Maybe not a great car but it was all mine and it drove like a terrier - small, sturdy and surprisingly aggressive.

I also should've written it off/killed myself driving like a total idiot at 80mph, in the wet, on a corner that really is about max 55mph, but it was stable and secure enough that I could control the skid. In short, managed to learn a valuable lesson with no more than a tiny tuft of grass on the back bumper!

I now don't have a car and I miss the freedom no end. I don't actually need a car as I'm now in the city, but oh to drive out into the countryside and just see green again!
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    I had a 2004 Audi :( miss my car now!
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    :sad: I had a 1996 Honda Accord. :sad: I had it looking like a fast and the furious car :sad: and got hit by a drunk driver.... :sad: Lost the best job I ever had due to injuries :sad: and my insurance didn't cover any of the modifications... :sad:

:sad: They say I was lucky to have survived but my car died... :sad: I died a little with it....:sad:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My second car right before I graduated high school. Was a 96 Honda Civic. Had the car for 6 years and it only broke down or had trouble twice in that whole time (clutch went out and needed a new distributor). But strangely only one of those times left me stranded. The car took me from Missouri to California and back again several several times. Not to mention all the memories. Miss that car!