Best car you owned and wish you never got rid of?

Options

Replies

• twinoakbob
    twinoakbob Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    1984 Mazda RX-7. Loved driving that chainsaw.
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    1995 black convertible mustang with black leather interior.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    That would be my 1978 Firebird Formula, it had the t-tops and the wide back wheels and the kicking stereo system!!! Ohhh how I wish I never gave up that car!

Here's me and my car, back in the day!

img017.jpg
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My very first car, a '98 Corolla. Thanks UPS man for sideswiping it as it sat helpless parked on the street and sending it to the junkyard.

Just sold my second '98 Corolla to buy a new Honda Fit. I miss my Corollas :sad:
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    My previous car was a 2003 Jetta. Loved it!! Great on gas. Sorry I had to get rid of it. It started to have all sorts of problems and I was having to put too much money in it :(
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    03 Tacoma. That was a great truck!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    '92 Chevy Silverado half ton with extended cab and full length bed. It was a great truck!
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione II. Rosso Red. Gorgeous.

That or the Audi Quatro Sport of course...
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    My Mazda RX-7. I would love to have another but it's not practical with children :(
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    1955 turquoise and white convertible w/white top, leather seats. Sold it with 275,000 mi on it and only had to change oil, tires, one top and a fuel pump. I was queen of the road. Sold to a guy who restored it.
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    My 1996 burgundy Ford Thunderbird........ oh how i loved that 4.3ltr V8. She was soo sexy and fast. The money I used to buy the next car with I shoulda just used to fix her. She was a looker and I got a lot of attention in her. And at the moment, my 2004 Mitsubishi Raliart. I shoulda never traded her for the Avalanche I'm now driving. I miss my quick little super loud (bass and exhaust) car. She was so much more fun than my boring stock Avalanche..... and cheaper, lmao.
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    That would be cheve
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    1972 Lemans, it had automatic and air conditioning. (The Pontiac LeMans was a sort of less styled GTO).

It was my first car and it was VERY USED. Bought it for $350.

Back then(1983), muscle cars were cheap and plentiful. We would "cruise the boulevard" in Mustangs, Cutlas 442s, Grand Prixs and GTOs.

It had that wonderful General Motors 350 that made a classic "glug, glug" noise and that hidden gear that would engage at about 75MPH and shoot you up to 90 while pushing you back into your seat. Where I grew up(Queens), there are service roads that go under railroad tracks and back up. I used to punch it and hit 90 at the bottom of the ramp and then have to brake all the way up the ramp to avoid traffic at the street above. Holy **** was I stupid !

The problem with it is that it rarely held compression so only a handful of days would it display the huge amount of rubber burning power it was born with. All I had to do was hit the gas and it left smoke.

After a few years, repairs were about $300 per month and I decided to sell it for $90 to a friend of mine. This d*head was too cheap to use antifreeze and the engine block cracked one cold snap in late October. My folks didn't want the car sitting in the backyard, and I wasn't aware of self storage so it is long gone. A car of similar condition would be about $5000 now and would require another $5k or so to get it running.
  • twinswin1
    twinswin1 Posts: 25
    Options
    Mine was the best car I ever owned and wished I would never have ran it into a tree..

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE. Her name was Marilyn. Loved her. Marilyn was put to rest October 4, 2010 at aprox. 2.30am. Rip.

It seems to me that cars go that extra mile for you when you name them. Probably shouldn't have named my '96 Corsica "crap." Seemed applicable.
  • markyb1977
    markyb1977 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A show standard 97 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, in pale blue. With Zender Bodykit, chipped, modded, and lowered.

Loved that car, So Very Very fast... like over 160 fast... took your breath away and most of the porsche's it met along its way!

For only 4k... Awesome, and it sounded just as awesome too. Fast and furious here I come!!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    It was never actually my car because I was just a kid at the time, but my parents had a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner that I would have LOVED to have inherited. It was copper colored with the two black stripes down the hood ... even had the little Roadrunner logo on the doors. <SIGH>
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    It was never actually my car because I was just a kid at the time, but my parents had a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner that I would have LOVED to have inherited. It was copper colored with the two black stripes down the hood ... even had the little Roadrunner logo on the doors. <SIGH>

My dad had a 1970 Barracuda 383 that I really wish was still in the family. :(
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Actually, I forgot about my pickup truck that WOULD NOT DIE.
    It was a 1979 Datsun pickup truck.
    It was a 4X4 and that was it.
    No AC
    No power steering
    No power windows, locks, ect.
    Top speed was about 65 MPH.
    I was a teemager and I absolutly beat this truck to DEATH.
    I sank it twice up to the roof and an oil change and fuel drain/fill got it running again.
    I finally sold it to my older brother in exchange for some SCUBA gear when he joined the Air Force.
    He drove it from here (West Palm Beach, FL) to Cheyenne, Wyoming and he drove it around there for four years before selling it and getting stationed in Germany.
    As of 2007, it was still running up there.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Toyota Tercel, 2 door fast back circa 1995.

Used next to no gas. I went from a 6 cyl Cougar using $60/week of gas to the Tercel using $30 every 2 weeks!

It always started, even when the temps went down to well into the - 20deg C range.

And it had a nice sporty look for a small economy car.

I wish they still made the Tercel. It was a much nicer looking car than the Yaris!
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My '96 Saab 9000 cs Turbo. Just got rid of it in August. Had to get something newer that would be better in the snow. I miss it every single day! :sad: