How many GOOD friends do you have?

Options
AmberJslimsAWAY
AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
You know the kind, you call in the middle of the night because your car won't start, and they come get you. They are there when you need a shoulder, no matter how long you go without talking to them, you pick up where you left off.

So how many REAL, GOOD friends do you have? Men or women?

I have my best friend of 12 years, female.
I also have an ex boyfriend of mine, I can talk to him about anything and get his honest input.

I have friends but they are the only ones I feel I can count on no matter WHAT!

Replies

• kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I would say 2
    my BF I met right out of college...and another woman I met maybe 5/6 yrs ago
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    Only one that I can REALLY count on.....the one on the picture with me, I thought I had more....but sometimes in hard times you really see who your real friends are
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    3. one from High School that I don't see much anymore, one I met right after High School, and she's the one that does EVERYTHING with me, and one I met at work a few years ago, that doesn't work with me anymore. the one I met after high school is the one I count on the most.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Locally... none. There isn't anyone here that I could TRULY count on in a pinch. I am good friends with one couple who I think would be pretty close to that. They're awesome peeps. It's too bad we live 45 min. apart.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    one, good friends in real life in my neck of the woods are hard to come by, makes me sad:cry:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Not including my husband I would have to say 5. Unfortunately one of them lives in Michigan. I doubt she'd come pick me up if I had a flat!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I gotta say I have 3 of those people, and then a handful of I guess I'd say medium-good friends, if that makes sense.

My 3 GOOD friends include my boyfriend, who I can honestly say is my best friend in the world, my best girlfriend from high school who makes me crazy sometimes, but I know if I EVER needed anything, she'd be there no matter what, and then my best girlfriend from college.

I'd rather have a few amazing friends I can count on for anything, than a bunch of friends that are only there when it's convenient.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NONE!!!!

I don't have friends... I have people that I talk to... people that I "know" but none that I can count on for anything that you mentioned! LOL
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I have three..........my high-school pal who I can see only once or twice a year, and we always have a blast.

my 'older' mentor friend, who helped me a LOT during my separation and divorce.

a work pal, who I hated for years, and once we started to really get to know each other, we found so much in common that it was crazy we hadn't liked each other up to that point!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    none.

and, boy could I use one.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    none.

You have meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wow I have so many.......for starters my BF, I know he would do anything for me, anytime, anyday. And then I'd have to say.........6 girlfriends I know without a doubt I could count on :) I am so blessed!! :)
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Two - my ex-husband (LOL, better friend than hubby) and another guy friend
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Wow.. Come to think of it, probably just 1. There's a small group of us though, only about 6.

Actually, wait, I could probably call a few of my guy friends at any time to help me out of a sticky situation.

But really, I need new girl friends.
  • HungerGamesWinner
    Options
    none.

I have 0... I have never trusted anyone that much!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I only have the internet, and the message forums. Would anyone come visit me in prison?
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'd say two. My best friend since 7th grade and my oldest sister (we're really close). I can (and do) tell them everything.

I have a lot of friends who I hang out with often, go out for drinks with or to a movie but only two that I consider really GOOD friends.
  • Jones4177
    Jones4177 Posts: 136
    Options
    Just 1
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Culturally, Germans believe that you truly only have four friends over the course of your life. Others are various levels of acquaintances.

I find this to be stunningly accurate. Then again, I'm non-committal.
    -wtk
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    5-6