5'9 Ladies whats your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• auntifer
    auntifer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love this subject! I am 5'9 1/2" and my goal weight is 150 though in my head I would really prefer to be at 142. I was as low as 148 in my adult life but didn't stay there. I am now at 170 and starting over (again!)
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    No goal weight...just a goal body fat percentage! :)
  • katiepegasus
    katiepegasus Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is 160 lbs, but I would like to be 140 someday.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 175, but I'm also focusing on clothing sizes and inches. I'd love to be in a comfortable size 12 pants and L shirt (without having to suck my gut in!). I actually have a medium frame, but I have a very round face (good ol' Polish jeans), so anything below about 165 I start looking like a blow pop! :laugh:
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and in my "skinnier" days (a very short period of time and nothing I could maintain) I was around 160. I know normal weight range is under 167 but right now my goal is to get to 180. After that, I am only going to focus on my body fat %. I want to have muscle and I want to be fit. I may able to achieve all of that at a weight of 180 but I'll know better when I get there.
  • Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently weigh about 200 lbs. This is the heaviest I've ever been aside from when I was pregnant. I spent my teenage years weighing 115 lbs (by nature...which was way to skinny!!) and started gaining weight in my early 20s....and continued to slowly gain until now. I've had enough and I'm ready to take control and bring my weight back down (rather than hoping it will go away on its own). My goal now is between 150-160 lbs which seems attainable and healthy.
  • footballmom12
    footballmom12 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am 5-10. At my best in college I was 150-155 and 11% body fat playing volleyball. Got married...had kids and ended up really close to 300 lbs because of preeclampsia. Got down to 250 last summer and then got on here in Jan and am down to 207. When I got married I was about 180 not awesome but I still fit comfortably into 12's. So knowing that I am aiming for 170-175. I just wish I could lose my chest!!!!! That's at least 10 lbs ;-)
  • g8tormom
    g8tormom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and ultimately myy goal weight is 150, but I'm doing this in 5 lb increments to see results faster and to celebrate the small increments to keep me going. I am currently at 174. :(
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 3/4" (I always debate whether or not to put 5'9" or 5'10" lol) and I'm setting the goal of 170 pounds for myself. That's what's considered "healthy" when it comes to BMI, but I think the range of a healthy BMI for 5'9" in women is 150-170. I personally think women are supposed to be curvy (not to use that as an excuse for being overweight, but it's naturally how we are supposed to be), so that's why I'm striving for 170 instead of 150,
  • MayraAle88
    MayraAle88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and am currently 164, my original goal was 150 but over the weekend i decided i wanted to aim a little lower. I do not want to go under 140, I'm sure i'd look pretty emaciated. The lowest I've ever been is 154, but I lost the weight doing a VERY low carb diet, and quickly gained it back. A lot of people told me I was too thin and looked sick at 154 but I think it may have been because I wasn't eating carbs.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" - currently 139. Hoping to get to 133. Almost there! But, it's so hard at the end!!
  • timslove01
    Options
    I am 46 and also 5 'and my goal weight is 145 . I have been on this journey for awhile and have lost 7 lbs but inches as well
  • FightGirl83
    Options
    You can't really compare yourself to others. I'm 5'9" now at 184lbs and wear a size 10, when I was 168 I was a size 6. For a lot of ppl 168lbs would have them in double digit sizes. A lot of people would find themselves in the plus sizes at 184 but I carry a lot of muscle. At 168 I was working out like crazy every day and was on a very strict diet, around 175 would probably be a comfortable maintenance weight for me. I've seen a few ppl on here say their goals are between 130 and 140, I know that with my body type If I were under 150lbs the weight of my head would probably make me snap in half!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 145 lbs. My original goal weight was 150. I was fine at 150 - quite fit and healthy looking. But when five more pounds came off pretty easily, I decided to (informally) strive for 135. Although, I really love pizza and cupcakes - so 145 might be as good as it gets for me. :-)
  • mrsrobinsonlauraj
    mrsrobinsonlauraj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and 48 yrs old. I started at 151 and am down to 140-141. I can't seem to go any lower but I am happy with my current weight.
  • MontagneGitane
    MontagneGitane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I agree that despite being the same height, our goals will (and should!) all be different. Supposedly, healthy BMI range for a 5'9" woman is between 125-170, but it depends on so many factors. I was 127 once after a bad illness, and I looked terrible. However, just 10-15 pounds more than that looks normal on me, and I still have nice curves at that weight. :) I start looking and feeling overweight at about 150. My doctor agrees that 135-140 is a healthy weight for my particular build. It all really depends. I have a friend who is my height and looks beautiful, slim and healthy at 175.
  • MsKeri23
    MsKeri23 Posts: 27
    Options
    im 5'9 before having my son i lost 30 pds which got me to 165 i felt way to lil im 198 now and would like to be at 170 i wanna keep some type of curve!! lol
  • MsKeri23
    MsKeri23 Posts: 27
    Options
    i agrre totally with u i look better at 175 then i did at 165 waaaayyyyyy better lol
  • Blaireli
    Blaireli Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    5'9.5" and my goal weight is 175 pounds. I haven't been that weight since my sophomore year in college, about eight years ago. Eek! Years of unhealthy choices plus having a baby last year have really caught up with me. I will hit my two month mark into this journey on Saturday and I'm down 18 pounds. I love that, for once I'm doing this the healthy way. :)
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    34 5'9 1/2 and yes half lol SW 215 CW 159 GW 135
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!