Same here
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    A few. None are actual family, though.
  • gingerlynnlove
    gingerlynnlove Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would say 3-4 total, a guy friend and one of my sisters... both are great but one always does so much more for me. :)

Then a few friends that i can just be myself around and they accept me just the way I am. :)

I've had the same best friend for about 15 years and she only calls or emails when shes bored or needs something..
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I would say 2 !
  • Buckaroo83
    Options
    2 friends, my fiance, and my mom. <--- my road dawgs.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Not including my husband, who I could call on for anything - I have 4 friends that are extremely close, and pretty much share the title as my best friend - all bringing something different and wonderful into my life - 3 women, 1 man. Unfortunately, 3 of the 4 are out of state. I can count on them emotionally for anything. The one local I can count on for just about anything. Love her to death. I also have some pretty great family locally. And I'm pretty blessed with an additional circle of friends who aren't as close but are wonderful in what they add to my life, in whatever manner.
  • viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just the two, my boyfriend and then my best friend of around 6 years; hardly see him at the moment but whenever I do, I know that nothing has changed! :heart:
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    My GOOD - Do anything for me - friends are mostly in my family....My mom, 1 aunt & 2 cousins (probably more but these I KNOW are there)....I have 3 male friends that I think would be there for me but have never had to go to them with anything really important besides just getting a males input on certain things... :)
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Besides my mom, 1 locally and 1 (only time will tell if it will pan out) in Las Vegas. The local one is my ex-SO of 2 and a half years. He is my best friend and has been in my life for some very difficult times (abusive husband, divorce from said husband, someone close to me getting cancer, etc.).

The Vegas one, my almost girlfriend, who I met about 5 months ago, and I love her to death, but I'm always leery of a) female "friends" (been f***ed over too many times to fully trust them right off the bat) and b) we rarely get to see each other. If we lived closer, yes, I believe she would drop whatever to help me out, just like she knows I'd do for her.

Overall I rarely let people get very close to me in real life, so my "friends" tend to be good ones.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Erm, like call up, right now, and they would come help in an emergency? Quite a few, though they would do so out of an obligation, even though they're not family.

As far as good, close friends that I can count on, pretty much nobody. Not because they suck, but because they're too far away to be of any help if I ever needed them.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't hop on the next flight on a moment's notice to help them out though.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    7. Wife, brother, college room mates. They know where all the bodies are buried.
  • leanby2013
    leanby2013 Posts: 137
    Options
    Erm 2ish, 1 that i can completely rely on and trust with my life, the other is never really around much but i still class her as a ''close'' friend idk why
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Two....my bestfriend for the last 14 years... And my fiance for the last 10 years.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    2, if we aren't counting relatives. (bestfriend since high school, and my boyfriend)

4, if we are counting relatives (my cousin and sister, who are also my bestfriends)
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Locally - none. I don't have anyone locally who even touches me, (not even sexually, just at all) aside from a handshake in a business setting. This is why I have a dog.

Mom is 5 hours away, and she does what she can over the phone.

I have friends on the internet I can say anything to, but they're anywhere from an 8 hours drive to a continent away. The internet is my salvation.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Three that I would trust my life with....
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    1 possibly 2.

One is renting a room from me, so he doesn't have a choice or I'll kick his *kitten* out.

The other lives about 4 hours away, so that's kind of a problem.
  • whenstars
    whenstars Posts: 27
    Options
    I used to think I had several, but honestly now, none. I have 'work friends' and a drinking buddy and people I talk to in passing but that's it. I can rely on my 2 brothers for quite a bit, but they have their own lives. Sucks.
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Sadly none. I have friends but no close ones. The ones I did have drifted away and I'm not really close with any current friends.