Feeding Tube Diet?

Options
This is crazy. To each their own but this sounds really CRAY CRAY!

"The K-E diet, which boasts promises of shedding 20 pounds in 10 days, is an increasingly popular alternative to ordinary calorie-counting programs. The program has dieters inserting a feeding tube into their nose that runs to the stomach. They're fed a constant slow drip of protein and fat, mixed with water, which contains zero carbohydrates and totals 800 calories a day. Body fat is burned off through a process called ketosis, which leaves muscle intact, Dr. Oliver Di Pietro of Bay Harbor Islands, Fla., said."

http://gma.yahoo.com/k-e-diet-brides-using-feeding-tubes-rapidly-080053646--abc-news-health.html

Replies

• ConnieB1979
    ConnieB1979 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Nothing ceases to amaze me anymore!!!!!! ;-)
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    Same here! When I saw this, I reminded myself that I believe in "to each their own". This is definitely NOT for me.
  • Lisalovespies
    Options
    absolute madness !!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    $1500 ?!?!

For $1000, I can come to your house, empty your fridge, lock you in your own basement with a case of water and then come back in 10 days and let you out. Guaranteed 10 lb loss or I'll lock you up for 10 more days at no additional charge.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    $1500 ?!?!

For $1000, I can come to your house, empty your fridge, lock you in your own basement with a case of water and then come back in 10 days and let you out. Guaranteed 10 lb loss or I'll lock you up for 10 more days at no additional charge.

LMFBO! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LaRoux10
    LaRoux10 Posts: 19
    Options
    I just read an article about that and it sounds completely bizarre! Those people must be desperate. :/
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    $1500 ?!?!

HAHAHAHAHA! :laugh:
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    yeah pretty sick it was on the news today it is not healthy i would rather pay theroaddog the cash for a closet blanket water and fresh veg and fruit and a protien drink. it would be healther then a feeding tube but theroaddog might charge extra for that service
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    My father in law was fed that way the week before he died. Enough said.
  • Jackievsg
    Options
    Whats to stop you from getting so hungry you just open your mouth and eat?
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    $1500 ?!?!

Where were you during my plateau??
  • StarvingKyy
    StarvingKyy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I would do it in a heartbeat : ) (please dont judge me ha ha ha)
    20 pounds in 10 days? hell YES
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I just read an article about that and it sounds completely bizarre! Those people must be desperate. :/

Or lazy!
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    $1500 ?!?!

LOL! brilliant
  • JenivaDoll
    JenivaDoll Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    $1500 ?!?!

LOL!!!
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    Some people annoy the crap out of me!!! The dr should be fired for doing something so stupid!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

So sorry, I'm judging. This is terribly unhealthy and damn near guaranteed that the weight will come back as soon as you stop this nonsense.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Not only is this cool, its a neat face accessory for a while!
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Then just go on an 800 calorie ketogenic diet?

This "feeding tube diet" is no magic. He puts them on 800 calorie liquid diet via a tube. But. . .you CAN eat with an NG tube in place, AND you can just DRINK the enteral nutrition so like. . .what's the point?

God, why don't *I* come up with scams like this and charge people $$$ for it. Freakin' ethics.
  • StarvingKyy
    StarvingKyy Posts: 88 Member
    Options

So sorry, I'm judging. This is terribly unhealthy and damn near guaranteed that the weight will come back as soon as you stop this nonsense.

Haha I knew Id be judged but oh well. Id still do it. Its no more unhealthy then people who lay around all day and eat junk food. Ha ha but I dont have 1500 dollars so that dream is already shot ';D