Trim for Turkey Day starts today! Join if you want!

Options
OK so since today is the official first day let's everyone post there weight today and goal weight. This week we will do an easy challenge. We will do a water challenge. I came across a great site to figure out how much water you should drink per day. It is a formula that is tallored to each person. Since my weight today is 190, I divide it by 2 and get 95 then 20% of 95 is19 and I subtract the 19 from the 95 and get a daily total of water which is 72 oz! Here is a link so you can all figure out how much water to drink. We can check in everyday if you want and let everyone know how you did with the water challenge.
My Weight today- 190
My goal weight- 165

Replies

• jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of going home for Thanksgiving and would like to be trimmer when I see the family again. So, your group comes at the perfect time for me. I've not done one of these motivation groups before, but I certainly could use all of the motivation and support I can get.

Water challenge - go! I fell out of the water habit this summer so this is a good one for me. I woke up and immediately drank a big 12 oz glass - my goal is 62 oz.

My weight today - 168.5
    My TD goal weight - 152
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Thanks we are glad to have anyone join in!
  • Sherry79
    Sherry79 Posts: 74
    Options
    I want to join too!! :smile: :smile:

My current weight today: 193
    My overall goal weight: 130
    My Thanksgiving goal: 175

I like the water challenge too. . .I figured mine and it is 77.2 ounces is what I should be getting. Right NOW I am getting that but I need to be challenged to keep it up so this should help me:smile:
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    I'd like to join. My weight's kind of plateaued since I met my new BF and I frequently go over in my calories bu 300 or so just by eating with him, and am not as loyal to the gym since I don't get to see him as much.
    water goal - 52 oz
    current weight - 130 (dissapointing since I was 128.2 a few days ago. I am bad and weigh myself daily)
    goal weight by turkey day - 125
    total goal weight - 122 if possible
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    I wanna join :bigsmile:
    Starting weight: 144lbs
    Current weight: 122lbs
    Goal weight:107-110lbs (Havent made up my mind yet) lol i guess i should say goal is to fit into size 5 jeans again
  • sara520
    sara520 Posts: 14
    Options
    My starting weight: 165lbs
    Current weight: 147lbs
    Goal weight: 138lbs

I'm hoping to drink enough water today!
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I'm here!! Let's do great this week:heart:

today:156.5
    goal....145

63 oz of water:drinker:
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    Glad to see some familiar faces and welcome to all the new faces! I have not done so good at the water challenge today. I still have some time though. Also for those of you who might wander why I am on at such odd times. I am in Germany and I am 6 hours ahead of eastern time. So I may not be on much in the evening my time which is day your time.
  • NEREYDA82
    Options
    count me in!!!! :happy:

My current weight is: 186
    Goal for Nov: 170
    Overal Goal: 150
  • RaeBella13
    RaeBella13 Posts: 153
    Options
    I'm in!

Starting weight: 324
    Current weight:323
    Goal weight: 175
    Goal by Thanksgiving: 275

I'm going to Phoenix for Thanksgiviing to visit my best friend and it'd be awesome to be close to 50 lbs lighter when I see her--by the time I get there, it will have been 13 months since I've seen her!

I can do this!

:heart: Rachel
  • artichoke
    Options
    moving to the new thread!

Start Weight- 150.5 - today!!
    13 weeks at 1.2lbs/week average
    Goal Weight- 135
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I would like to join but how do I determine a reasonable goal weight for Thanksgiving?
  • kristen5286
    Options
    what is the name of that web site to determine the amount of water I should drink?
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Well, I JUST finished my last glass of water. I think tomorrow I will down more water first thing in the AM. :drinker:

Going to bed early tonight - new exercise program is making me a little more tired this week. Hope I'm not up all night going to the loo after my 62 oz of water. Good night all!
  • kristen5286
    Options
    Jlbay: that is awesome for drinking all that water!!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I checked in on the original thread, but I'll check in again... :happy:
    175 today
    160 by Turkey Day!!!
    1.2 lbs per week average :tongue:
    Good luck, everyone1 :drinker:

According to your formula, I should be drinking 70oz. of water (if I did it right :tongue: ). I definitely get that all in. I drink closer to 100oz. a day. :drinker:
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Ooh I'd like to join if I still can! I did a few of these MFP motivational challenges and found them super helpful - so I'm hoping for the sam results with this one!

Starting - 184
    Current - 155.8
    Goal - 140

My Thanksgiving goal is 149. That's about 1 lb per 2 weeks - pretty slow progress, but I'm down to those last stubborn lbs. Gotta work it and be patient :)

As for water, I've attached myself to a 32 oz water bottle that I carry w/ me at all times! I find it easier to get the H2O in if it's always close by...

Anyway - good luck to everyone!! Let's do it! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Ooh I'd like to join if I still can! I did a few of these MFP motivational challenges and found them super helpful - so I'm hoping for the sam results with this one!

Starting - 184
    Current - 155.8
    Goal - 140

My Thanksgiving goal is 149. That's about 1 lb per 2 weeks - pretty slow progress, but I'm down to those last stubborn lbs. Gotta work it and be patient :)

As for water, I've attached myself to a 32 oz water bottle that I carry w/ me at all times! I find it easier to get the H2O in if it's always close by...

Anyway - good luck to everyone!! Let's do it! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Oh - my water goal is 62 oz per day - been doing good so far. I'll try to keep it up!
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    what is the name of that web site to determine the amount of water I should drink?
    Sorry I thought I posted it in my original thread but opps I forgot! Here is the link.

http://www.lazymanandhealth.com/drinking-water-to-lose-weight/

BTW I did get all my water in yesterday.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to see you back, Christine!!! We missed you! I wanted to bookmark this thread-and I'm joining up, too!!! My kids started school; it's the first time BOTH have been in full-time, so I have no reason to fail at losing the rest of my weight! I'd like to drop a total of 30 pounds by Thanksgiving... Counting calories again plus all the workouts I've been doing should get me there no problem!