Trim for Turkey Day starts today! Join if you want!

Options

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Whoo Hoo! I made it past my my water intake!!! I am so proud of myself!
    It may sound crazy but that is a huge goal for me!

I have issues with the sugar demon too! I had been drinking Mt Dew for years (since middle school). I learnd that Mt Dew had been Alcohol with me, which alcoholics run deep in my family. I had gotten off of it with each pregnancy (somehow:huh: ) but always managed to get addicted again. Once I learned that I was dependant on it (crazy, I know), I knew I had to quit for good! Ihad even been shifting my food cals to work around it....and was barely eating:embarassed: . So I have been off for about a month (not easy, I was very sick) and kicked the caffine, but I still crave the sugar. I have been doing extra workouts to eat a little icecream at night. I have been eating the edy's slow churned (1/2 the fat and cals). Its been helping, but I know its not good. So I am weaning myself off that. Hopefully soon I will be sugar free.
    You all must think I am crazy....I sound crazy!

See you all tomorrow for weigh in day. I hope I remeber in the morning! I have to get my daughter ready for her first day at pre-k (tear)!:brokenheart: :sad:

Just happened to read your story about sugar addiction. I post on another thread where one of our members has been using organic apple cider vinegar, and after about a week, she said the big change was that she no longer craved carbs and sweets. In fact, below is what she posted on the 50 + women's thread (also under motivation and support, just as this thread is):
    ........Apple cider vinegar is my new best friend. I can't say it is a fat burner but it has sure kicked my carb cravings in the head. Its SO much easier to stay under 1200 calories when I don't want bread or sweets.
    Edited by suezzzque on Thu 09/03/09 03:04 PM "

Maybe this will give you the boost you need to keep away from MD. Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Weaklink that is wonderful. I hope when I weigh in i will boost a loss. I went to Pizza tonight and got a salad and brought my Smart One and my own salad dressing. I am so happy with myself. be blessed, kc

And what is this apple cider thing? I was always told it was very good to drink a couple of ounces in a large glass of water daily. i don't remember why. thanks, kc
  • I'll like to start to join your group . If I lose 26 lbs.. I will lose 1 or 2 size smaller. I want a blue ray dvd player so if I hit the target I'll buy one as a reward. I should find a good bargain on black friday also.

GOAL:
    11 more week to lose 26lbs . Target 2.5 lbs a week. 6 more days to lose 2.5 lbs
    Drink 75 oz /day

BW:186
    TW:160

Today: Yes I drank 100 oz of water. I really want to d.rink diet pop but I stop. .. Usually I crave junk when I drink diet pop.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    So im wondering when does a new challenge start?? Since we all weighed in are we still doing the water challenge or will there be a new one posted... ???
  • chubsternomore
    Options
    Hi ladies, sorry I havent posted, crazy week!! So the first challenge I have to say I did not do well on, it's really tough for me to remember to grab that water, there is a girl here at work that is starting drinking water..giving up her mountain dew...and she bought one of the big water bottles and then fills it with ice and water, she says she knows she has to drink 3 of them a day and its easier for her to remember and to have on hand and not be tempted by the pop...i think i am going to try that...heading to the store tonight for a few things so i'll look at water bottles and see what i can find. I am supposed to drink 149 oz if i figured it right...but i didnt get over 90 a day...:explode:

Start weight: 373
    My current weight is : 373
    My ultimate Goal: 160
    My Turkey Day goal : 340
  • babysteps
    Options
    I did my WI on Thursday and was down 2.2 lbs ~ I'm so happy that I've finally busted through my plateau. :smile: I'm still managing my 96 oz. of water ~ I have a rubbermaid bottle that holds 32 oz. and I just make sure that three fills are gone by the end of the day.

Hope everyone else is still drinking up until the next challenge! :drinker:

Take care,
    Deborah
    :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I've been doing well with the water thanks to something someone on another thread suggested.

I keep paper and pencil in my kitchen next to a glass and put a tally mark for each eight ounces of water I drink. If I drink a bottle or more of water when I'm not home, I add the tallies when I come home. If it gets to be near bedtime and I don't have enough tallies, I stay in the kitchen drinking water until I've had enough :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Also I made a rule for myself that I can't log on to MFP without first drinking eight ounces of water:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:

Barbie
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Since a lot of us are still keeping up with our water intake, how about we try to continue on with it and just add another challenge on top of it? Maybe one that has to do with minutes exercised per week, or not eating anything after a certain time at night? Fruit and veggie quota per day? Just a couple suggestions!
  • chubsternomore
    Options
    Thanks barbiecat, that is a great suggestion!

Start weight: 373
    My current weight is : 373
    My ultimate Goal: 160
    My Turkey Day goal : 340
  • aallen440
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I've been doing well with the water thanks to something someone on another thread suggested.

I keep paper and pencil in my kitchen next to a glass and put a tally mark for each eight ounces of water I drink. If I drink a bottle or more of water when I'm not home, I add the tallies when I come home. If it gets to be near bedtime and I don't have enough tallies, I stay in the kitchen drinking water until I've had enough :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Also I made a rule for myself that I can't log on to MFP without first drinking eight ounces of water:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:

Barbie

WOW! That is what I do too!! I kept forgetting where I was at. I was always filling my cup and then the kids' and I would lose track! I also will take a cup of water with me before I go to the store. Once in the parking lot I drink half of it and then when i am done shopping I drink the rest of it. I found that when I had errands to run I wouldn't drink much water.
  • aallen440
    Options
    Since a lot of us are still keeping up with our water intake, how about we try to continue on with it and just add another challenge on top of it? Maybe one that has to do with minutes exercised per week, or not eating anything after a certain time at night? Fruit and veggie quota per day? Just a couple suggestions!

I like the idea. I am still new to drinking water, so I think it needs to stay (at least for me). :drinker:
    Also, I don't eat a lot of fruits and veggies because I always feel like I should save them for the kids (I am on a tight budget:blushing: ). So, having some kind of challenge for the fruits and veggies would be good for me. I am up for anything though!
  • hgirl1021
    Options
    i always tend to lose track of what 16oz bottle of water i'm on. so....in an effort to track my water, i now buy the large aquafina bottles (32oz) and know that i just have to drink 2 of those to reach my goal. the great thing about these bottles (for me), is that they have wide mouths so i can pour a 16oz bottle right into it to fill it up...and as a nurse working 12 hr shifts, its much easier than a bunch of lil bottles. just IMO.

i agree with MissResa on the new goals....what can we do this week??:tongue:
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Can I still join?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    Can I still join?
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

We're delighted to have you. Plan your goal :bigsmile: :bigsmile: and drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and we'll all be trim for Turkey Day.
  • bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a noticeable difference by Turkey day.
    My current weight is 305
    My goal weight is 160
    My goal for Turkey Day is 285

I like the thought of having a new goal each week I struggle with getting all my water in daily so it's good to have a set daily goal and to keep track.
    Good Luck to everyone.
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm late too but I want to join!:tongue:

Starting weight: 167
    Current weight: 163.4
    Goal: 145
    Turkey day goal:145

Luckily I already drink enough water, started with my 1st pregnancy and never gave up the habit. My goal is to work out 3 days a week for 45 min-1 hour.

Do we check in with our progress?

Thanks! This is so great!!!:love:
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am the same way I have never had a problem getting all my water. I like it. Welcome and check in is on Thursdays.
  • I did my WI on Thursday and was down 2.2 lbs ~ I'm so happy that I've finally busted through my plateau. :smile: I'm still managing my 96 oz. of water ~ I have a rubbermaid bottle that holds 32 oz. and I just make sure that three fills are gone by the end of the day.

Hope everyone else is still drinking up until the next challenge! :drinker:

Take care,
    Deborah
    :flowerforyou:

That's cool. I'm glad you broke your plateau. It drove me nut when I had it.. One time .. I could not lose any weight for 1 whole month..

I drank 90 oz of water today. and I think we should have add one challenge every week.
    So next week we do the water thing and something else.

COUNT DOWN: 5 mores days to lose 2.5lbs. I will lose 26 lbs (11 weeks) by xgiving and get a blue ray player as reward.:drinker:
  • Anyone work out today? I was at the gym in the moring. The gym is packed. I have to go to gym during the weekend often. I do feel good after.

COUNT DOWN: 6 mores days to weight in, need to lose 2.5 lbs. I'll lose 26 lbs by Xgiving (11 weeks) and get a blue ray player as reward :drinker:
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    day 3 of the shred today! getting easier :) thank god! also did half an hour at the elliptical! big work out day! and again tomorrow :) weekends are bad foodwise, so i compensate with extreme workouts :)

doing well on water, and i tend to eat a lot of fruits and veggies.... any other challenge ideas?