Trim for Turkey Day starts today! Join if you want!

Options

Replies

• meerkat88
    meerkat88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun!
    Today: 157
    Turkey day 140!

Yippiieee
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hey all... I decided to wear my heart rate monitor today while bumping the volleyball around with my husband... I had no clue how many calories I could burn! Over 500!!! I wish I wore it yesterday, because we passed the ball around once in the early afternoon and once in the early evening, so there's no telling how many I burned then!!!

I did awesome with water today, but I'm dreading tomorrow-we have our first big road trip as a family in over a year, and we're eating out with my sister and goofing off at the mall... My calories might get out of control, so I'm really going to have to pay attention to what I eat when we go!!! Wish me luck!

just be careful wat u put in ur mouth and know if U slip up once or twice UR human also i take snacks with me when i go away little things like these veggie straws so yummy taste like pringles but made of veggies....I have faith terresssa u will b good. and awesome about the vollyball thats almost as many calories as biking insanity lol.

just got back from hour walk sweaty but wanted to check in say hi hope everyone is doling good....i have crystal light iced tea coming out of my pours but im drinking my water

xoxo

tortoise
  • hgirl1021
    Options
    how's everyone doing mid-week to check in??

i had 2-12 hour shifts back to back, which didn't allow me to exercise on those days. since i had today off and i hadn't been in 2 days, it was sooooo hard to get back to the gym. i did it anyways :smile: and feel great that i did. been getting my water in everyday and logging every calorie! since i'm newer to this site, i'm still testing my body and metabolism and not eating any exercise calories yet (i guess you could say i'm seeing how my body works before i take that leap). if, however, my loss isn't what i hope for, i'm def going to try eating at least of my exercise calories on the 4 days that i do work out next week.

i hope everyone is staying motivated and going strong. thinking about you all and hope you're having an AMAZING week! :happy:

:heart: jessica
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Did really good today with water intake and also was walking around non-stop for 8 hours and also pushing a stroller so i used that as my workout for the day... i burned over 1,000 calories yay!!!! can't wait for Thursday weigh in.... Hope everyone had a great labor day!!!
  • momma2boys0609
    Options
    Well, I sucked at the water drinking today. In fact, the past three or four days I doubt that I have had more than 32oz of water a day. I'm not sure what has happened. Some days I just get so busy I dont even think about drinking water until bed time when its quiet in the house. By this time, I'm so exhausted I just go to bed. I'm pretty sure if I could up my water intake, my energy level would go up & my eatting would be cleaner. Tomorrow is a new day and I plan on hitting my goals. According to the calculations I should be drinking 82oz of H2O. My goal is 64oz of H2O daily this week and then start drinking the 82oz daily. So, here I go. Ready to achieve my 1st goal. :drinker: .
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I went MIA. I had to take my daughter to a medical apt that was a three hour drive so we went the night before and have been gone all weekend. Hope everyone had a happy labor day. I ate terrible at a picnic I went to. The scale is showing it so I am getting my but in gear in hopes of some lose this week. I have put EVERYONE's information in and excel spredsheet. We have 49 memebers. However if I see that some members are dropping off and not posting weights I will start to deleate them.

As someone said about not weighing. I think that it is preferance. I weigh every day for accountability. I like to see that the bad food choices that I make really do make a difference in my weight. I however do not get stressed over a gain of a 1 or 2 lbs. I know that the body's weight flutcuates all the time. I go by both weight and measurments. I measured myself at the begging of the challenge and will measure myself again at the end. I hear a lot of people say that they see the difference in the way clothes fit before they see it on the scale. I am the opposite my body seems to move together.

Also as for a new Challenge. Lets have everyone shot some ideas off and we will start a new one on Thursday. I had hoped that someone would name one off this past Thursday and I got some good ideas. Here are some ideas that I have. No late night snacks, Fruits and Veggies, Eat ALL your calories including excersise ones, Add a extra cardio workout, Try a new Excersise either class or piece of equipment, work out an extra 5 min a day, Take a 30 min walk daily that would be in addition to your workout, wear a step counter and try to reach 10,000 steps which is what is recommended for weightloss, share a healthy recipe and try a new recipe, add excersise into your work routine(ie take the steps, stand, do squats anything!), I could go on. So lets hear some of your ideas and I will pick one on Thursday. If there is one that a lof of people like we will go with that one. Also that does not mean that you should stop the water challenge we should always be drinking a lot of water to keep our body hidrated.

Weightloss- Out of 20 people that weighed in we as a group lost 23.9 lbs last week! YAY! I know a lot of you joined late so hopefully this week we will lose even more!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I'd love a new challenge.
    :flowerforyou: counting steps would be great but maybe everyone doesn't have a step counter so maybe we could save that for a few weeks and give people time to buy one
    :flowerforyou: I like add a new exercise----I have hand weights sitting in my living room and I need a nudge to use them
    :flowerforyou: how about eliminating some "empty calorie" foods from our diets
    :flowerforyou: share a healthy food
    :flowerforyou: make our food diaries public (or private, just for us)

Last night at 7:30 my husband announced that he had eaten too much (he went to a restaurant at lunch with a friend) and needed exercise calories so we went for a 40 minute walk, arriving home after dark. Then he got on the exercise bike for an hour. :laugh:

Have a great day.:bigsmile:
    Barbie
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Here's a few ideas

1. No snacking after 7pm ( that's a hard one for me)
    2. 100 crunches a day challenge
    3. No more soda (for the ones who still can't kick the habit )
    4. Say no to sugar (except for fruits only healthy sugar)
    5. Try a new food
    6. Add 15 more minutes a day to your workout
    7. I like the one about posting healthy recipes
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    I also have a question?????

So yesterday i weighed in before heading out for the day to see how my week was going.. then today i weighed in same time and it says im up 3lbs... how can that be???? I ate wonderful yesterday no junk food, all protein and veggies, and tons of water and burned about 1,000 calories so how can i gain 3lbs in one day???
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

sometimes when you drink a lot of water and eat really healthy, your "tanks" stay extra full and the scale looks like you weigh more. I weigh every day AM and PM and write down the weight on a chart and don't worry about the day to day fluctuation, just the trends. Every week my weight varies in a 3-5 pound range but the range gets about a pound lower each week.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Should i just give my body a day or two and weigh in again and see what happen?? It takes 10,500 calories to gain 3lbs and there's no way i ate that much ... i think yesterday i only had about 1300 calories... i didn't eat any of my workout calories so really i had over 2,000 calories to eat
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi, I like the no sugar challenge. Even though I'm sticking with my 1200 calories, I still get a piece of chocolate every now and then! It would be hard but I would feel great if I refrain for a week! (Can't guarantee I won't get some the following week though!) :laugh:

Thanks for the motivation!
    Angie
  • momma2boys0609
    Options
    I like the 100 crunch challenge, 10,000step challenge, and the no more soda challenge. I don't drink all that much soda anymore, but I am drinking more than I used to. I went 5 years without even a sip of soda(regular or diet) and I lost probably 35-35 lbs during the 1st year!!!! Then when I got pregnant for the 1st time I suddenly craved it. I quit again when I started breastfeeding. Then I got pregnant again and the craving came back. ummmmm. Anyway, I am still trying to ween myself off of it again. Id like to stick to water, natural juices, and milk. Anyway, andy of these challenges would be goo. I liked all of the ideas.
  • Ok Gang, 2 more days before weigh in. I'm going to be extra "good" since it's only more 2 days.
    I weight myself this morning and I did not reach my goal (2.5 lbs) for this thursday... so I'm going to cheat a litte, no starch!!! low sodium & lots of water... so I lose some water weight :laugh:
    I've been eating high sodium food over the weekend so.. I know I can make my goal if I just stick to my schedule for just 2 days.
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    How much sodium is everyone doing for daily???

Maybe we can do a sodium challenge also !!! I heard 1500 mg a day is the right amount so if anyone is over that maybe we can all start doing 1500 mg a day for two weeks or more and see if that helps lose water weight...
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    How much sodium is everyone doing for daily???

Maybe we can do a sodium challenge also !!! I heard 1500 mg a day is the right amount so if anyone is over that maybe we can all start doing 1500 mg a day for two weeks or more and see if that helps lose water weight...
    According to Michael Thurston, from body makeover ,wrote that it does help to lose fat since the fat cell hold on the sodium. If there is no salt, fat cell will shrink..
  • hgirl1021
    Options
    i like the crunch challenge too...nothing like a solid core (and a nice flat tummy too!) :laugh: i'm def reaching my water challenge and would love to choose another. i'm game for anything!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Everything has salt in it ... well almost everything!!! i wish i didn't have sodium in my diet but that means i wouldn't be eating... there are only a few foods that have no sodium...
  • Drink lots of water to flush out the sodium. He suggested to drink 100 oz of water
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I think the crunch challenge, soda challenge or the sodium challenge would all be a good challenge for me. I'm up for trying whatever. I have done really well on the water challange but no surprise there I love water. I didn't do very good on calories today and I hate the full feeling :ohwell:, that's how I feel right now really full. Hopefully the scale will be good to me on Thursday.:flowerforyou: