Trim for Turkey Day starts today! Join if you want!

Options

Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Checking in...
    2 lbs for me this week!!! :bigsmile:
    Last week 175
    Today 173
    Turkey Day goal 160
    12 lbs to go!!!

Good luck, everyone !! :drinker:
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    2 lbs lost!! Down to 151.4 from 153.7! verrrry happy :)
  • hgirl1021
    Options
    Happy Thursday Everyone! :heart:

last week: 131.0
    today: 130.2
    down: - 0.8 lbs
    td goal: 120

still a loss!:bigsmile: its time to eat back half my exercise calories and see if this helps! i'm scared of trying, but i'm hoping for a bigger loss each week. will continue the daily water challenge and add the 200 situp challenge. Can't wait for next week to see more positive changes (to my tummy too!):laugh:

Hope everyone had a great week and continues to work hard for the next one!!:flowerforyou:
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody! Checking in...

last week - 163
    this week - 161

woohoo!!! :bigsmile:

so the situps are the challenge this week?? 200 for the week?
    Thanks!
  • akgrant
    Options
    ok, nevermind, i went back and read the post (guess I got to keep up daily!):laugh:
    I'll read up on the situp challenge...I know this is going to be great but I gotta tell you, I'm not real excited about it. I hate it when my abs are sore!!! :blushing: BUT I'LL DO IT!:happy:
  • hgirl1021
    Options
    ok, nevermind, i went back and read the post (guess I got to keep up daily!):laugh:
    I'll read up on the situp challenge...I know this is going to be great but I gotta tell you, I'm not real excited about it. I hate it when my abs are sore!!! :blushing: BUT I'LL DO IT!:happy:

the good thing about this program though is that it starts you off slow and builds you up. looking at the program it doesn't look like it starts you out with too many (esp if you go with the beginner column on the left). each day i'm sure it'll get easier because your abs will be stronger! dont' forget the periods of rest in between sets as well as days too!! that way your body will have healing time and won't hurt as much! good luck!
  • sara520
    Options
    Just checking in.

last week 146
    this week 146
    Turkey day goal 138

At least I didn't gain, I had a very stressful week so I am actually surprised that I stayed the same. Oh well, I hope I have a better week coming up. Best of luck to everybody on the situp challenge.
  • aallen440
    Options
    Well I am up a few lbs today, but I know why. It's my T.O.M. I hate my T.O.M. I start retaining water about a 7-10 before I even start and that water weight can range anywhere from 4-7lbs. Its bad enough I feel horrible @ this time & tehn to see the # on the scale go up. I know it is only temporary, but it really gets me. Oh well, I'm going to keep up my water intake & start the sit-up challenge today, just as soon as I post this. Let's see what happens next Thursday!

Me too! Got it yesterday...ugh! Not exactly the best time to start crunches LOL!
    I did weigh myself this morning and I am at 179, which is what I was at last week. So I really hope that I do have have a lot of water weight so that next week will be awesome - Heres hoping!

I am going to go check out that website about 200 crunches. However, I have a question.....

Does anyone know a safe and easy way to do crunches when you have a bad back? I injured it when i was young, but I don't want that to hold me back!

236998.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options

the good thing about this program though is that it starts you off slow and builds you up. looking at the program it doesn't look like it starts you out with too many (esp if you go with the beginner column on the left). each day i'm sure it'll get easier because your abs will be stronger! dont' forget the periods of rest in between sets as well as days too!! that way your body will have healing time and won't hurt as much! good luck!
    Yeah this program is really good! I have done it in the past but always stop about halfway through. I hope that we can all motivate each other to stick with it!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I had a last minute change in my day and ended up in a Chinese restaurant for dinner. I had mostly Buddhist's delight and brown rice (and stayed away from the sweet and sour chicken) but the sodium is there no matter what. :sad: :sad:

I still lost a pound for the week
    last week ---- 129
    today
    128 :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

my biggest challenge with the crunches will be the dogs that want to lick my face when I'm lying down
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • hgirl1021
    Options
    i just finished day 1 of the 200 situp challenge...i started with the far right column as i do a lot of situps already, and it was actually a pretty easy start! i think total of 67 in all 5 sets. the rest periods def make it possible! i think everyone here is capable of starting out. its just continuing, thats the hard part! but with all the support, we can all finish!

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    weighing in

Last week 162
    this week 162

Better then gaining any.....

Starting the crunch challenge today!!!
  • akgrant
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I had a last minute change in my day and ended up in a Chinese restaurant for dinner. I had mostly Buddhist's delight and brown rice (and stayed away from the sweet and sour chicken) but the sodium is there no matter what. :sad: :sad:

last week ---- 129
    today

my biggest challenge with the crunches will be the dogs that want to lick my face when I'm lying down

My biggest challenge is my 2 year and 1 year sitting on me and kissing my face while lying down!! :laugh: Good job with your food choice last night!
  • akgrant
    Options
    WHY AM I SO HUNGRY TODAY!!! I'm making good choices for snacks but at this rate, I won't have any calories left for dinner!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • artichoke
    Options
    checking in!

08/27/09 - 150.5 (starting)
    09/03/09 - 150.0 (-0.5 lbs)
    09/10/09 - 148.0 (-2.0 lbs) :smile: HOORAY!!
    09/17/09
    00/24/09
    10/01/09
    10/08/09
    10/15/09
    10/22/09
    10/29/09
    11/05/09
    11/12/09
    11/19/09
    11/26/09 - Thanksgiving!

13 weeks at 1.2lbs/week average
    TD Goal Weight - 135.0
    Total Goal Wieght - 130.0
  • mistylee0104
    mistylee0104 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I would like to join.....need to finish losing this baby weight!!!!

current weight: 188.6
    goal weight: 140
    Thanksgiving goal weight: 166.6
  • portiah3
    Options
    I want to join!!

Current Weight: 260
    Goal Weight: 180
    Thanksgiving challenge goal weight: 238
  • Congrats to all the losers! including myself :laugh:
    I lose 4 lbs

Start September 4
    Sept 10 - 4 lbs
    Sept 17
    Sept 24
    Oct 1
    Oct 8
    Oct 15
    Oct 22
    Oct 29
    Nov 5
    Nov 12
    Nov 19
    Nov 26 Total : -26lbs & blue ray dvd player :yawn:
    ______
    count down: i will lose addional 22 lbs by xgiving, 10 more weeks!
  • :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

last week ---- 129
    today

you are doing good at chinese restaurant. i won't eat vegetarian food when i'm in chinese restaurant.
    usually i refuse to get on the scale until 2 days after eating chinese food..
  • Well I am up a few lbs today, but I know why. It's my T.O.M. I hate my T.O.M. I start retaining water about a 7-10 before I even start and that water weight can range anywhere from 4-7lbs. Its bad enough I feel horrible @ this time & tehn to see the # on the scale go up. I know it is only temporary, but it really gets me. Oh well, I'm going to keep up my water intake & start the sit-up challenge today, just as soon as I post this. Let's see what happens next Thursday!

The good thing about TOM is your metabolism is higher during this period. So if you will pull BIG number next week.