Trim for Turkey Day starts today! Join if you want!

Options

Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options

thanks for all ur hardwork in keeping track of us :flowerforyou:

ditto :drinker:
  • hgirl1021
    Options
    so i've been reading around the site (which always provides so much insight) about when the best time to exercise is. one article said trying it early in the morning before breakfast, when there are no carbs in your system and you'll burn fat right away. was skeptical... so, this morning i up and tried it, pillow to treadmill:laugh: and i gotta say, i did the same workout i pretty much as i always do, and i was sweating like 3 times more than i normally do. not sure if this article proved to be true in my case, but it felt good to sweat that much!! i'll def be trying this more often and see if the scale agrees :love: just wanted to share my experience...

day 2 of the crunch challenge done and my 'core' is feeling great. hope everyone is having a great weekend!! :drinker:

:heart: jessica
  • aallen440
    Options
    so i've been reading around the site (which always provides so much insight) about when the best time to exercise is. one article said trying it early in the morning before breakfast, when there are no carbs in your system and you'll burn fat right away. was skeptical... so, this morning i up and tried it, pillow to treadmill:laugh: and i gotta say, i did the same workout i pretty much as i always do, and i was sweating like 3 times more than i normally do. not sure if this article proved to be true in my case, but it felt good to sweat that much!! i'll def be trying this more often and see if the scale agrees :love: just wanted to share my experience...

day 2 of the crunch challenge done and my 'core' is feeling great. hope everyone is having a great weekend!! :drinker:

:heart: jessica

wow, let us know how that goes! I am not a morning person by any means...but that may be worth it!
  • chubsternomore
    Options
    Happy Saturday Ladies! I apolgozie for not posting, I've been working the overnights this week and my days off were Wed and Thur so I missed the weigh in, my internet at home is not working and I am not techy so will have to call Cable to find out what the heck is going on.

I havent done well at all....Im mad at myself :mad: I did finally go get a water jug last week, watching what i ate the best i could but making bad choices with the schedule it was easier to grab junk to eat then make healthy meals... I posted what i ate today so far in my diary and am trying to make a habit of logging in and entering everything I eat and drink-- hopefully my interent will get fixed monday, otherwise I wont be able to post until Wednesday I am off S,M,T...Im going to check out the situps website now...that is a good challenge!! I just figured out my Weightloss for thanksgiving, i'll need to lose 3 lbs a week to make my goal, which I know is totally doable...I just need to get off my butt....its so easy to make excuses not to excercise...:cry:

My starting weight is : 373
    My current weight is: 372.8
    My ultimate Goal: 160
    My Turkey Day goal : 340
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    hey guys! just checking in over the weekend....

its been a really good food week for me, but i have felt a little sick so i didnt work out as many days as i had hoped. I am really going to try to get in a workout every day this week.

also, jessica - i do my workouts first thing, and i def think there is a difference, and the scale does agree :) let me know how it works for you!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend... Mine is going so so !!!! But trying hard to think positive and say No to all that junk food that i really want right now.. 5 days until weigh in... crossing my fingers i lose some weight..
  • everyday
    Options
    ok so not to be pushy but we have 19 people who wanted to join and are not posting. If you are one of those people and do not post soon I am going to deleat you from the spreadsheet. That is not to say that you can not post. It is just getting hard from me to keep track of 53 people.

WoW `~ THANKS for letting me add to the 53 and keeping track!!:smile:
  • everyday
    Options
    Happy Saturday Ladies! I apolgozie for not posting, I've been working the overnights this week and my days off were Wed and Thur so I missed the weigh in, my internet at home is not working and I am not techy so will have to call Cable to find out what the heck is going on.

I havent done well at all....Im mad at myself :mad: I did finally go get a water jug last week, watching what i ate the best i could but making bad choices with the schedule it was easier to grab junk to eat then make healthy meals... I posted what i ate today so far in my diary and am trying to make a habit of logging in and entering everything I eat and drink-- hopefully my interent will get fixed monday, otherwise I wont be able to post until Wednesday I am off S,M,T...Im going to check out the situps website now...that is a good challenge!! I just figured out my Weightloss for thanksgiving, i'll need to lose 3 lbs a week to make my goal, which I know is totally doable...I just need to get off my butt....its so easy to make excuses not to excercise...:cry:

My starting weight is : 373
    My current weight is: 372.8
    My ultimate Goal: 160
    My Turkey Day goal : 340

Same here my work schedule has changed...and I am full of excuses, even typing this is a excuse :embarassed: Hang in there chubsternomore:smile:
  • TheNatKitchen
    TheNatKitchen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome newcomers :smile: I just wanted to check in over the weekend. I noticed I eat healthier, and workout more consistently when I check in on MFP more often, This group really helps keep me motivated! Thanks guys!! :flowerforyou:

The 200 situps plan is awesome! I'm also doing the Couch to 5k, although it's taking me a while to progress with that one (I'm repeating Week 1 for the third time :grumble: )

Congrats to everyone, keep up the hard work!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I didn't post last week, sorry, some big family issues.

I did the local 5K yesterday and my time was 35 minutes 29 seconds. Feeling good about that. The scale is messing with me. I want to get under 160 lbs so bad and it goes down to like 160.0 and I think tomorrow will be the day and then the next day I weigh 161.5. UGH!!! I will beat that scale either by losing weight or with a stick! :laugh:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! It's raining like crazy here, but that's okay-my workouts are all inside. I'm trying to stay motivated, though. It's getting to be a real bummer having the weather be so gross for so long-kinda draining, if you know what I mean! Sounds like everyone is doing well!
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options

I think your quote says it best...You CAN do all things through Chris who strengthens you! That's awesome! You have gone through a lot! How much more will you appreciate God, your life, and your strength for coming through it ALL!! God Bless you! I just wanted to share in your testimony!!!

Ok, Skywalker...no offense taken! it was actually pretty funny! At last you knew who I was talking about??You DO know Jesus CHRIST, right?? HAHA!

Who's this "Chris"? Does he have a strength training video or something? :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry... I mean no offense. Just can't help being a smart *kitten*!! :laugh:
    I love a good typo that changes the whole meaning of something.
    :laugh: :drinker: :laugh:
  • hgirl1021
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! It's raining like crazy here, but that's okay-my workouts are all inside. I'm trying to stay motivated, though. It's getting to be a real bummer having the weather be so gross for so long-kinda draining, if you know what I mean! Sounds like everyone is doing well!

i agree with ya on the weather. south florida in the summers is nothing but rain :grumble: but so thankful for my inside gym. its the motivation in the rainy weather for me, thats the hardest part. but i'll keep trucking!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options

Ok, Skywalker...no offense taken! it was actually pretty funny! At last you knew who I was talking about??You DO know Jesus CHRIST, right?? HAHA!

Yeah, I think I've heard that name somewhere before. LOL!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • How was everyone weekend?
    I 'm doing so well this weekend. I stick to my diet and execise schedule.
    I have TOM right now. Hopefully I will lose more than 2.5 lbs on thursday.

Options
    I'm having a tough week! I haven't been doing all of my exercise - although I am keeping up with my C25k program. I've been to several gatherings with tons of yummy, fattening food and I'm having a hard time staying away. I haven't totally pigged out at the buffets - but I haven't been able to find much healthy food and stick to it.:grumble:

I'm going to be so disappointed if I haven't lost this week, so maybe I can up the workouts the next three days. I'm glad I have y'all to keep me on track - or at least accountable when I'm not on track.
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    hey guys! it rained all weekend, but is beautiful here today so i am in great spirits! I have done well with my food, and now that i am feeling better i am back into the shred and going to the gym! i feel great and i hope the scale agrees on thurs :P

have a good week everyone!
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Yesterday was a looooong day for me-I had a migraine that just wouldn't stop! I feel tons better now, and am going to squeeze in a workout before tackling the housework waiting for me at home... Off days are never really "off days" when you have 2 kids and a pile of laundry waiting to be done!
  • mrsrossi
    Options
    Just started this site yesterday, I am excited. I definatly need the motivation.

SW 195
    Goal 145
    Water Goal 78 oz
    Remember it sounds like a lot but when you brake it down it is only 10 8 oz cups of water. Not bad..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I had a high calorie, low nutrition lunch today so I have been scrambling to gather enough exercise calories so I had have something nutritious for my evening snack.

I've been doing my sit ups and am surprised that I can do them :laugh: :laugh:

I should probably be on the exercise bike now.
    hugs:heart:
    Barbie