Phentermine, Dont Judge Me!

Options

Replies

• graciemom828
    Options
    Back in the 90s I did phen-fen when it was still legal - liver blood work monitored - lost 50 pounds but had some side effects. I was fortunate and have no long-lasting problems - just be careful!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Where do lost ponds go?

To a far far away land with lollipops and gum drops :laugh:

Yum!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Gawd, people are judgemental. Haven't we all tried some kind of cheat? If there is anyone on here who hasn't tried or at least considered Atkins or Dukan or the Master Cleanse or Alli or Ephedrine then let them stand up and be counted. I very much doubt there is anyone here who hasn't hoped for a magic cure.

Yes, I agree that there are better ways of doing it but there are also better ways to give advice than sarcasm.
    I haven't.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    If turning to drugs doesn't work, then you could always have a feeding tube installed...doctor supervised, of course.

im not sure this was meant to take a swing at you. this was on the today show i believe it was. it's also on the front page of aol today. soon to be brides are doing it. it's a feeding tube they put through your nose only while you're at the doctor. i take the pills and i haven't seen much change, but i have had them 2 weeks friday.

Seriously?!? Yikes.

I really recommend that those of you on pills see a dietitian. Like people have said on here, med schools spend very little time on nutrition, which is sad considering heart disease and diabetes are major killers today. Always good to get a second opinion and some practical tips to sustain weight loss without pills.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Where do lost ponds go?
    I think they discussed this in Fried Green Tomatoes.

I love that! The movie and the food.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    After I had my son I took that. It completely wiped out all of my hunger. I lost like 15 pounds in a couple weeks. But then I had to stop taking it because I couldn't afford it anymore. I gained all of it back, plus another 30 lbs! :(
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Where do lost ponds go?

Yum!

I know its sounds great but we can never go there again... NEVER!!! :cry:
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    It's for short term weight loss, not long term. It won't help you learn self-discipline or better eating habits. After you're done taking it you will find yourself still struggling with all of those things, and most people gain the weight back and then some after they go off of it. I know someone who has been on it three times already and she will lose then gain it all back every single time because it's just a temporary fix. I'm not judging you, but I am just letting you know.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Gawd, people are judgemental. Haven't we all tried some kind of cheat? If there is anyone on here who hasn't tried or at least considered Atkins or Dukan or the Master Cleanse or Alli or Ephedrine then let them stand up and be counted. I very much doubt there is anyone here who hasn't hoped for a magic cure.

Yes, I agree that there are better ways of doing it but there are also better ways to give advice than sarcasm.
    I haven't.

Good for you. :-)

I know that if a magic pill that let me have my ideal body was invented I'd take it. I'm lazy though I guess. ;-)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    just because a doctor suggested doesnt mean it is safe. there have been plenty of weight loss drugs doctors thought were at one time safe only to find out later they werent.

i would suggest talking to a therapist to find out why you cant lose weight.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Where do lost ponds go?

Yum!

I know its sounds great but we can never go there again... NEVER!!! :cry:
    :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I started out eating about 1200-1800 calorie and did not exercise. I now exercise about 4 hours a week (2 hour Zumba) (2 30mins at the gym) and eat the same. Somedays I mess up and eat 2000-2500 calories. I loses weight all threw the week and then I gain it back when I go to work. I work 16 hour shifts two in a row, and I can not control my appetite when im there. So I gain back the couple pounds I lost in the week.

If eating too much while at work is your biggest issue, I would suggest preparing for that....
    You know you have a 16 hour shift - prepare proper calorie controlled meals beforehand, pack a cooler with you food and snacks and drinks for the day and take it with you....
    Do you have access to a microwave to heat it up and a fridge to leave the cold stuff? Then you have NO excuse not to do it...

Not sure what your job is, but there are very few places that a packed lunch (with ice packs or heat packs) can't go - you do get a lunch and coffee break somewhere inbetween don't you?
    good luck - and especially good health, because you are putting your health in danger with that stuff.....

I tried all that. The problem is free food and I'm a binge eater. If it's there I will eat it. I can control the food around me at home. I would bring my healthy meals, eat them and what ever else was there. Im a CNA by the way.

You recognized your problem of binge eating, so why not try to work on solving that first before resorting to take drugs? You CAN control what you put into your mouth, you're the one doing it, not a good excuse. I have been a binge eater for years, but since taking steps to work on what drives me to binge it, I've lost nearly 20lbs in the past 3 months. And those 20Lbs WILL stay off in the long run.

It might be difficult but if you really want to get healthier, it is beyond me why you would want to put stress on your health and body by taking artificial drugs to do it :huh:
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options

I haven't.

Good for you. :-)

I know that if a magic pill that let me have my ideal body was invented I'd take it. I'm lazy though I guess. ;-)
    Sure, if it would work and was safe, so would I. Never came across that though.
  • toni14301
    toni14301 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I personally believe you should do it the right way - portion control, eating the right foods, EXERCISING. Form some good life-long habits. And who knows what the long-term side effects of Phentermine could do to you.
  • kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202
    Options
    Phentermine is also prescribed for a mood stabilizer.

This is very true, it does keep the mood stable. The person I know who takes it regularly is constantly a b*tch now.

I so agree with this! I took it for a while in my late 20's (yes, it did work) but I was a completely different person while on it (not for the good). I could pick a fight with a nun! It's not worth the weight loss if no one can stand to be around you! Oh, and PS, I gained all the weight back once I stopped taking! Everyone is different, so just be cautious if you continue to use it!
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    200px-Fentermina.svg.png
    Phentermine
    220px-Amphetamine-2D-skeletal.svg.png
    Amphetamine (aka Speed)

For your consideration. I sincerely hope you don't suffer the most severe of side effects. Good luck to you.

AMEN
  • Sunny_Sunflower
    Sunny_Sunflower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    What about oxyelite pro? anyone done this and gotten a kickstart to your metabolism? I ordered it and want to try it for my workout days but I dont know.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Where do lost ponds go?
    I think they discussed this in Fried Green Tomatoes.

I love that! The movie and the food.
    Me too. I have a hard time making them though. I can't get the coating to stick. (To the food, that is. I haven't tried breading and frying the movie.)
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Fine. I'll give you what you're looking for: SUPER! GREAT IDEA!
    Thanks, was that hard?
    It was. I strive to be honest, but you're not interested in honest opinions here if they differ from yours.
This discussion has been closed.