When did you consider a bikini?

Options

Replies

• MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I had a peek at your profile and your photos, and I think you should definitely wear a bikini!! :) You look great, you've come a long way!! You are definitely there in my opinion!! :)

Thanks I'm just concerned about my back, it's no where near where I want it haha.

I'm sure your back looks great too :) You are at a good weight!! But you should wear whatever you are most comfortable in :) Some women love one pieces, has nothing to do with their weight, just their preference. I don't think I'll ever wear a bikini, no matter how small I get, I'm just shy person I guess.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I still have 20 more pounds before I can consider wearing one in public. eek!
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I've always worn a bikini, even at my highest weight (156ish). I was just really insecure about my bottom half.

Funnily enough, I wore a bikini (a tiny one!) this past week and wasn't insecure at all. It felt awesome!
  • patriot201
    patriot201 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I wore then when I was younger (25 and under?) and about a size 2-4, but I had completely flat abs then. :o

I am now a size 2-4 again (possibly a 6 in some clothing), but I wouldn't even begin to consider a bikini. I think I am WAY too fat/flabby to wear one. I also think I'm too old. :o I know people older than me totally rock them, but I think *I* am too old. And fat/flabby.
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I consider them very often, but I don't think I'll be wearing one.

Dammit!! :cry:
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I wore one at 150 size 9/11.
    I felt fatter in a once piece, and silly in a tank top and shorts! lol

It's all about confidence! Or at least no shame. :P
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I've never not worn a bikini...
  • xxxhelenaxxx
    xxxhelenaxxx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Even at my heaviest, I looked worse in a one piece than in a bikini. Most one piece suits just make me one lumpy blob, no matter what I weigh.

I've worn a tankini ever since I started picking out my swimsuits. I bought my first bikini top 2 days ago; I bought one that I should be able to wear by the end of summer (fingers crossed) and one that is teensy tiny that I hope to wear by next summer.

I've always been too big for one, now, I kind of don't really care. When I feel confident enough, I will sport it!
  • MrsStansell
    Options
    I am shocked, shocked I say! I can't believe you hussies would consent to bearing your ankles in front of god and everybody! This is what I wear to the beach:

swimpad500.jpg

I wish we could bring this style back.
    Than maybe I wouldn't avoid the pool.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Me, nope NEVER gonna happen lol.
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've never not considered a bikini.

I've got a friend that's probably about 250 and she wears a bikini likes it's no one's business.

this!!! And I def think you can pull off a bikini just get one that is flattering to your body type :-)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    One or two piece makes no difference. The only thing that matters is if YOU like the way you look in it.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I've always worn a bikini, chubby or skinny. This summer though I'm going to finally be comfortable in a bikini.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I've never not considered a bikini.

I've got a friend that's probably about 250 and she wears a bikini likes it's no one's business.

this!!! And I def think you can pull off a bikini just get one that is flattering to your body type :-)

Lol I understand finding a color that would look good on me, but I guess I'm not sure how a bikini can have different styles to be flattering or not flattering haha. I don't know if that even made sense, all the one's I have found have 2 ties, one for around the back and the other around the neck. A tear drop look, or a triangle look. I found 1 square shapped which was cute. And I found a green one I liked, and actually didn't mind it so much on me. I'm not uncomfortable with my body I just am not sure I'd be comfortable in public what would feel like wearing nothing more then a bra haha. Never wore one before so I'm not really sure how I'd feel...
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    Last summer when I hit 135 pounds, I was still a little jiggly and had a bit of a tummy but I didn't care at all :)
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Well....in 2003 I went to Cancun- bought a Bikini...and figured one day I would wear one......threw it up for storing...and Joined MFP in 2010 and for a change considered I may one day get in a bikini....Long story short....went back to Cancun in 2011...put that bad boy on.....It was my motivation...Did JM 6/6p and was proud....Use it as motivation..I sure did... At the time I was a size 10
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    We have a pool where I live, in the apartment complex. I can fit in one now, but I've never had one. I've never been thin enough for one. I have a photo I took this morning on my profile page of my belly, it's next to one that says 180 back in Novemeber and then today at 137. I have a hard time determine if I'm being to hard on myself or if its truth and I shouldn't. I have a hard time with "Who care's what everyone else thinks." Because honestly I care what people think haha.

at 137, I'd be rocking a bikini all day long!!!!
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Lol I understand finding a color that would look good on me, but I guess I'm not sure how a bikini can have different styles to be flattering or not flattering haha. I don't know if that even made sense, all the one's I have found have 2 ties, one for around the back and the other around the neck. A tear drop look, or a triangle look. I found 1 square shapped which was cute. And I found a green one I liked, and actually didn't mind it so much on me. I'm not uncomfortable with my body I just am not sure I'd be comfortable in public what would feel like wearing nothing more then a bra haha. Never wore one before so I'm not really sure how I'd feel...

I'm almost at my goal weight and there are certain bikini styles that look AWFUL on me, particularly side-tie bottoms and triangle string tops. The bikini I'm buying this year is a push-up halter with non-tie bottoms and looks muuuuch better on me. Just little things make a huge difference!
  • sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    back in high school I rocked one. Now not so much, I won't even buy a swim suit let alone own one.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

I'm almost at my goal weight and there are certain bikini styles that look AWFUL on me, particularly side-tie bottoms and triangle string tops. The bikini I'm buying this year is a push-up halter with non-tie bottoms and looks muuuuch better on me. Just little things make a huge difference!

I just googled for my body shape, I'm a rectangular shape so I would look probably best in something that is ruffly or has ties on the side. Great, I'm not a fan of ruffles haha!