How many cals are in your breakfast?

Options

Replies

• natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    Options
    Depends. Most days my breakfast consists of two bananas, because bananas can be grabbed and eaten on the way to class/work. This means breakfast is around 210 kcals. If I have a free morning then breakfast will be rolled into lunch so maybe eggs and cheese with toast (400kcals). This morning I ate the leftovers from last night's dinner, I think it was like 400 kcals.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I could definitely swap out the yogurt for the greek plain, or sometimes I use the just plain fat free yogurt. Where would I pick up this Whey protein stuff? Does it have any flavor to it?

I eat from 300 to 500 at breakfast. I love a good breakfast. Sometimes I have protein smoothies,sometimes I have eggs and toast. I use Jillian Michaels' Whey protein powder, vanilla cream. It's sweetened with stevia. Does not taste grainy and mixes up incredibly thick and creamy. Some Walmarts have it but in my area I have been only able to find it at Sam's club. Costco might have it also. You can also order it on line.
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 100-300 but it's usually around 120 . I can't eat a big breakfast without getting sick, so I usually eat something small and then have a morning snack later in the day.
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Usually between 500 and 600. I get hungry otherwise.

Usually I have a piece of fruit/Greek yogurt/granola, or oatmeal/cut-up fruit/granola, always with a cup of coffee. Yummy. (:
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I eat around 275-400 calories for breakfast. I tend to have porridge (think that's oatmeal in the US) made with water and skimmed milk to which I'll add either crunchy peanut butter, raisins and seeds or peanut butter and nutella.

Today I had a 400 calorie breakfast of 2 slices of toasted sourdough bread and 2 soft boiled eggs.

I feel so much better since increasing the calories of my breakfast and tend to not really feel ready for lunch until 1pm - I eat breakfast at 8. I actually feel more energetic and just find that it sets me up so much better than my pre-MFP breakfasts of toast and jam (jelly) or 4 crackers and a smidgen of cream cheese. I'd be climbing the walls with hunger after an hour or so.
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day! Typically about 462 I guess or between 300-450

1/2 avacado - 125
    1 oz of cheese - 110
    2 eggs - 150
    cream - 50
    coffee - 2
    salsa - 5
    slice of bacon - 20
  • marybell82
    marybell82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Today i had a cup of coffee and a organic banana to hold me off till lunch time. total of 155 calories.. normally ill eat about 200-300 in the morning. Today i woke up late! lol
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    about 400-500 cals! yummmy egggs.
  • jenniferpowell1980
    jenniferpowell1980 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    There's an old diet saying:
    Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a peasant. In other words, your breakfast should be the biggest meal of the day. It's the starter for the rest of the day. It's the first meal after approx. 6-8 hours of no food intake (sleeping).

I agree with this, even though i dont always stick to it!
    After breakfast i cycle 4.5 miles of my work journey and work for 3-5 hours before li get to have my lunch break so i always have a big energy breakfast to keep me going till then.
    As for the sugar, if its sugar from fruit its natural sugar not processed so its not a biggy to go over on this type of sugar, if it was the processed white stuff then yes it would be bad.
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    530. 2 pieces of toast, 2tbsp of peanut butter and 2 hard boiled eggs. Keeps me full till lunch!

This is a breakfast I like too! Except sub the pb for nutella and only one egg.
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    usually around 200-250...I'm not really hungry in the morning so sometimes I just have an english muffin w/low sugar jam or a hard boiled egg on toast. I usually get hungry again around 10:30-11 and have my fruit and yogurt which keeps me going unti lunch.
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    There's an old diet saying:
    Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a peasant. In other words, your breakfast should be the biggest meal of the day. It's the starter for the rest of the day. It's the first meal after approx. 6-8 hours of no food intake (sleeping).

Exactly.. I'm a little more 'adventurous' during breakfast, because I'm up and active and around all day and can burn it off.. whereas a big dinner a few hours before bed just gets stored away.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    500-600
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Body by Vi / Visalus shakes so mine has been about 125 calories. The shake mix and a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Breakfast and lunch.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    around 300-400.. I sometimes skip breakfast, im just not hungry.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually fairly light in calories but high in protein... between 170 to 250 calories.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Breakfast 300-400, then 3 hours later I have the same thing. So by 9am, I probably consumed about 600-800 calories.
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have two breakfasts most days. One at 7.30 which is around 250-300 cals and one at 10am which is around 200-250 cals.
  • ArmandoG28
    ArmandoG28 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    800-1200 cal
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is about 160 calories
    1/4 cup of skim milk
    1 cup of cereal (special K or multi grain cheerios)