Does anyone on here eat junk food?

Options

Replies

• sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    eating chips and salsa right now, haha!!
  • nannabannana
    Options
    bump to read later
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You do not need to eat healthy foods to lose weight, you just need a calorie deficit.
    If you would like to become healthier, nutritious foods are obviously the way to go. But either way, you can gain weight just the same by consuming too many calories from healthy foods.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I kinda wish I didn't. I was doing so well but am slipping a bit. I still stay within my goal, usually, but am a bit over today :/ I work at Starbucks and the food is SO junkie, but SO tempting.
  • XpeargrlX
    XpeargrlX Posts: 21
    Options
    I still eat junk food. Sweets are my weakness lol, but I make sure to stay within my calories or under.
  • upmihah
    upmihah Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes, I still eat junk food. Easter was the first holiday for me since I started. I couldn't do my normal workout, and I ate a lot of candy! But I did extra workouts for two days that week. So for two days I ate too much, and for two days I worked out more calories than I ate. It all evened out in the end. People will say to me, "Oh, you can't eat that on a diet". And I say- if I have the calories available - I can eat anything! I still eat pizza, taco bell, dove chocolate, wine, etc. And I do eat chocolate almost every day. I just count it in my daily calories.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yes, but it usually causes me to binge and that can last for days. I have to plan my "cheat days". I can't do the moderation thing. I've tried time and time again and it always cause me to go overboard.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    I eat just about everything as long as it fits in my daily calorie's, I would have failed at this diet already if I was not able too eat normal foods, so enjoy in moderation!! ;)

I do too on some days. I could not give them up completely. I DO stay within my daily calories, but eat a somewhat smaller caloric amt.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    You do not need to eat healthy foods to lose weight, you just need a calorie deficit.
    If you would like to become healthier, nutritious foods are obviously the way to go. But either way, you can gain weight just the same by consuming too many calories from healthy foods.

^This.

FAMILY, EX, WORK COLLEGUES; ARE YOU LISTENING?!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Everything....EVERYTHING I use to eat, I still eat........only smaller amounts :-)

Exactly! Unfortunately I have not given up on these food choices but I'm mindful not to go overboard.
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    People will say to me, "Oh, you can't eat that on a diet". And I say- if I have the calories available - I can eat anything! I still eat pizza, taco bell, dove chocolate, etc. And I do eat chocolate almost every day. I just count it in my daily calories.
    ^^^This! You have to learn to deal with portion control when it comes to junk food. We are all going to be tempted our whole life by it---birthday parties, holidays, family get-togethers, etc. There is no way I could ever cut it out of my life completely. I also still eat Arbys, Taco Bell, Pizza, Cake etc. You just have to be more careful on how much of that kind of food you eat:happy: . Yes, everything I use to eat I still eat---but I am more mindful of how much of it I eat:flowerforyou: .
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I lose more weight when I eat junk food. I think it's because junk generally tells you exactly how many calories are in it, but I think I underestimate the calories in other stuff which is less precise. It's also because I'm like "well I can only have this", whereas if I have a salad I'm like "sure I can have 10 more salads because it's only salad..."if that makes sense. So yes, I junk it up.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    gracienkaidens_momma Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yes, I struggle with eating junkfood every single day. I crave chocolate every day and it sucks. I just have to allow myself to have a little and not go overboard. I have really really cut down since I have been logging again and since my diary is no longer private.
  • saralynn594
    saralynn594 Posts: 321
    Options
    I'm very slowly getting better eating habits..but the way I am I MUST allow myself treats..or else I seriously binge.Like..3000 binge in an hour.
    So eating perfect 6 days a week and 1 day a week free day does NOT work for me!
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I still eat way more junk food than I should...
  • sharonhite2012
    sharonhite2012 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes we eat basically healthy but we do have our " junk food" almost everyday. We make sure any of our snacks are portion controlled now, and we always read labels, when we are craving something then read the label, and the calories are soo high ,we then decide if all those calories are really worth it, sometimes we really want it and decide to have a half portion, or we pick something else..or we just eat it. NO GUILT !! For my husband and I it's a lifestyle change..we eat anywhere from 300- 500 "snack calories" a day...( healthy and "junkie" ) been working GREAT..in 13 weeks my husband and I hit our goal..I am down 16 pounds and he is down almost 30...and we dont feel deprived at all !!
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    Ditto on what everyone else has said. If I deprive myself of something, then something switches in my brain telling me I HAVE to have it. So I allow myself something sweet everyday. And it is working. This is the longest I have ever stayed with a diet. And I know it is because I am not depriving myself.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I still have the occasional serving of potato chips or a cookie or even, yes, a cadbury egg. I also only allow those treats once in a while. I ate some jelly beans during easter season--just not a whole bag. I eat pretty well most of the time so I allow a treat once a week at least as long as it doesn't blow my calories out of the water for the whole day.
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I watch out for particularly bad ingredients... I NEVER eat anything with hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, or msg. I highly limit refined starches, sugars, and processed dairy. I find cutting out most of that junk makes me feel better, and have less cravings, as well as most natural health practitioners suggest staying away from that.

But I do really enjoy having treats like ice cream, organic dark chocolate, and homemade desserts. I'm not perfect with my eating habits though, and I'm still working on my artificial sweetener-filled drinks (energy drinks are my kryptonite lol), but after detoxing from processed food and slowly bringing my favorites back in, I've found that it's really helped me to control overeating on the wrong foods. :)