A New Me - Let's get started!

Options

Replies

• Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I am so sorry!!! Dogs are part of our family in our house and not only would it be hard on me but also my kids (which makes it twice as hard on Moms). Please let me know if there is anything I can do, I'll be sending good thoughts & prayers your way. Hugs to you!:flowerforyou:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Ok, time for my rant. Tuesday we took our dog, Abby, to the vet for a lump that has grown on her back leg. He said it didn't look like anything but he took an x-ray and aspirated (sp) it. It came back with some strange cells (he was looking for it to be pure fat and it's not). Long story short, it is a cancerous tumor. :sad: :cry: :brokenheart:

Abby's been with me since I was 19 and she's my girl - I can't believe that there is something wrong with her that we can't fix. Surgery is an option, just not too practical right at this point. I guess it's a slow growing cancer so that's on our side. But it's all intertwined with her joint in her leg and it would be hard to remove + it would be a very difficult recovery for her (we think she's about 12, I found her as a stray...who was pregnant, and we guessed she was between 1-2 at the time. That was 10 years ago) So for now, I told him that we will watch it and if it gets any worse we will re-evaluate. I know not everyone agrees, but she's like our child to us. I'm crushed! :brokenheart: :cry: :sad:

I am so sorry Lisa! That is hard to deal with. :(
  • velvetkist
    Options
    Thanks guys - you have NO IDEA of how bad our infertility issues are - maybe I'll share some day. All I can say is that we've had some very bad things happen!

Kathy - that is awesome news. You can do it girl - let's do it together! You know I want down as much as possible by October 26th, so I'll be rooting you on! Let us know if you change the date for Dillon's surgery. How is the recovery time of that? How old is he again?

Megan - I log my workout as the video time (SIU and S&L) as Aerobics - General - so for what you did I put 36 minutes and then I add the minutes as I change the video. I know that it is more than a "general" workout out, so that's why I add in the S&L time. I know I work it hard the entire time - I'm usually sweating within minutes. So what'd you think of it? Were you sweating like crazy?

Christine - that is awesome that you are seeing your results. I think I'm getting to the point of needing a belt too! I haven't tried any work clothes on yet since I've been off this week - but my jeans are baggy and sagging within 1 hour of putting them on!

Silver - I bet that 184 this morning made you feel great!

Josh and I are getting ready to watch a movie - we just finished S&L and SIU and we'll be having lunch after the movie and then doing RIU this afternoon. I can FEEL the pounds melting off, I swear!
    I liked it LisaC and yes i was sweating my butt off .....

Lisa, I have infertility issues also, but they aren't due to my weight. I've had 5 miscarriages, one of them was a set of twins that I actually carried into the second trimester. Much of my weight issues were due to depression over it. I had to learn to accept the fact that God has other plans for me, though I've always wanted to have children. I did however get to experience motherhood. My hubby and I have been married for 7 1/2 years and his children from his first marriage were 12 & 13 when we got married. They are adults now, but they lived with us for a good deal of that time. My 20 yr old step-son and I have a great relationship and he's very supportive of my efforts losing weight, so I am blessed. Just know that I am pulling for you and wish you all the luck in your planned conception.

Kathy, Disneyland! Yea!!! I live closer to Disneyworld and I went several times as a child. My husband has never been, it's a little goal of ours to go one day, although I think he's wanting more to stay at one of the golf resorts. LOL

Silver - good job girl!

Today I consumed 1293 calories and burned 1289. Workout consisted of 3 miles at the track, 20 min. pilates, 30 min. low impact aerobics, crunches on the ball and upper body weight training. Still trying to get all of my water in! LOL I have been having issues with that ever since my blood sugar started getting back to normal. I'm trying though!

Have a good evening ya'll!

Christine

158741.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Ok, time for my rant. Tuesday we took our dog, Abby, to the vet for a lump that has grown on her back leg. He said it didn't look like anything but he took an x-ray and aspirated (sp) it. It came back with some strange cells (he was looking for it to be pure fat and it's not). Long story short, it is a cancerous tumor. :sad: :cry: :brokenheart:

Abby's been with me since I was 19 and she's my girl - I can't believe that there is something wrong with her that we can't fix. Surgery is an option, just not too practical right at this point. I guess it's a slow growing cancer so that's on our side. But it's all intertwined with her joint in her leg and it would be hard to remove + it would be a very difficult recovery for her (we think she's about 12, I found her as a stray...who was pregnant, and we guessed she was between 1-2 at the time. That was 10 years ago) So for now, I told him that we will watch it and if it gets any worse we will re-evaluate. I know not everyone agrees, but she's like our child to us. I'm crushed! :brokenheart: :cry: :sad:
    Soooo sorry about Abby ..... i know how it feels i had to put down my dog about 5 years ago cuz she was OLD (one of the sadest days of my life) i cried alot over that and resorted to food (which isnt a good thing )
  • velvetkist
    Options

I'm so sorry about Abby, Lisa. :brokenheart:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about Abby, Lisa. My kitty kat Frizzle died of Seizures january of 06. I miss him, I haven't actually owned a cat since then. Sharlotte, has a cat, but he lives with my mom. And sharlotte hasn't been going over there very often lately. *sigh* I think she misses her grandmother and Pop pop. I hope Abby doesn't suffer, because of the tumor.
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! For now she should be okay *fingers crossed* or at least that's what I'm hoping. She's been a trooper, so I'm hoping that she continues to be one.

Thank you for letting me have a mini-meltdown. It felt good to get it off my chest. I've totally lost my appetite for dinner and my allergies are going crazy (or at least my tear ducts are...) so I'm skipping my second workout for today too. I think I came in at 800-900 calories for the day...

Stephanie - have a wonderful vacation.

I'm going to sign off for tonight - I'll check back in tomorrow.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels just kicked my A**!! Did 30 day shred tonight and the elliptical. Feel good but Ms. Michaels sure made me feel out of shape during the workout! As I was wanting to yell at the TV I thought of Lisa yelling at the TV:laugh:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,712 Member
    Options
    Oh Lisa, I hope Abby lives a good, long time still. That is just so hard, I know.

Day 4 of Burn It Up went OK. I still struggle with parts, especially the lunges. My knees just don't want to do them that fast. My right one especially makes a weird crunching sound, and it kind of scares me. I'll do them slower and more carefully. I'd rather get fewer reps but still keep my joints intact. I can pretty much keep up with the rest of it, but I'm sure I look funny doing it!

I'm about to call it a night. Have a good evening, everyone.

Jill
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i had a sneaky weigh in this morning :tongue: im weighing in mon,wed and fri at the moment (getting it down from every day)
    and even though i had a very bad day yesterday i weighed in at 149.4!! very strange, hopefully i can keep it off now *fingers crossed*

sorry to hear about Abbey Lisa, its always hard to lose a pet they're like one of the family, one of my cats had to be put down because of a tumor
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    Well, I weighed myself this morning and came in at 184.8, close enough for me! Off to work out!
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    Got my exercise in this morning. Sharlotte woke up halfway through and stole my magic circle, so I modified it and tried to stick to it the best I could. I ended up going through it faster on my own than when I follow the video. But hey! I"m tired and I still got my exercise in!
  • velvetkist
    Options
    Good job Katie & Silver! I weighed in this morning too, not my usual weigh in day, but I was down another pound and it made me happy. :happy:

Great start to the day for us all! Let's keep up the momentum.

Christine

158741.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Hey Yall!!

I awoke putting yesterday behind me and ready to start all over again today! This weekend is going to be a rough one, but I'm going to give it all I got! We have a football game to go to tonight(concession stands are another one of my weaknesses!). Going shopping tomorrow with a friend for her birthday(i'm sure she'll want to eat out!) Another birthday party tomorrow night at chuckie cheeses(I can just eat the salad bar;) and then every sunday my family cooks dinner after church. I have a plan and determination for all of these! So we'll see how I do.

Lisa, I'm soo sorry!! Abby is a part of your family. I'll be praying for her. We had a snouzer that had a tumor and she lived for 5 more years after it was diagnosed. and she wasn't in pain. she'll be fine.

Great Job to everyone getting their exercise in!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Good morning everyone:

Great job everyone keep up the good work..

Kim you can do this and good luck

I just got done doing the SI6 limber and the start up one (2nd day for me on this program) wooooohooo
    :heart: Megan
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Guys,

Sorry I did not log in my personal life has been crazy. I know many women across the world do it everyday but its been so hard working and taking care of the 4 kids alone since my husband broke his foot last week.

I always knew he was a big help but now that he is almost completely on bed rest with that foot elevated above his heart I see how much he really was there for me.

I was so tired this morning that I did not even work out. Now I am so mad because I know waking up to get it in would not have killed me.

But my kids are pretty much in bed by 9pm so I will do it then.

Now I am in a rush because I am at work now but I just want to go down a list and I am sorry I have no ones name and don't have time to go back and get them but here I go.

Congrats to everyone who hit there goal

Those who did not you will just stick in there

I am so sorry for the one who lost her pet I know my cats get on my nerves they are worse than the kids sometimes but I love them so I know it must be hard I will pray for you

And I know someone had issues with her IUD. How did that work out? I had to have mine removed 4 years ago.

Talk to you guys at lunch time. May the rest of your morning be blessed.

Judie
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    oh my its turning into another 'eat everything in sight' day, im at 1100cal already and its only 3.30pm >.< im working tonight so that will stop me eating and i wont take any money with me so i cant buy anything - if i buy food at works its always just the kids 10p sweets :ohwell: they taste so nice lol
    argh! i hate this time of the month :angry: :grumble:
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Way to go Catherine for losing another pound! We'll have to chat about our similars in the infertility world. We too lost twins, one by miscarriage and one being taken in error in emergency surgery. That crushed my world! November 10th will be two years for my angel babies! We miscarried again in June of 2008 too. Maybe I should clarify that my weight is NOT my infertility problem. I have endometriosis and severe PCOS (along with some blood clotting disorder) Getting my weight down would help increase our chances to get pregnant.

Thank you everyone for your support about Abby. She's still trucking right along and we measured her paw this morning so we can keep track of her tumor. I'll keep you guys updated as things change, I'm sure. You're the only ones I'm sharing it with - we can't bear to tell family that our beloved Abby has cancer, so we're holding it close to us. We are going to do everything we can to take care of her.

Judie - just to correct you, Abby didn't die YET, she just got diagnosed with a cancer tumor on her back leg yesterday and I took the news pretty hard. I know that you are stressed and tired, keep on trucking along. Your hubby will be better soon and hopefully your life will get a little easier.

Megan - good job on completing day 2! How are you feeling?

We are going to try and get RIU done today, not going to do 2 workouts today....Josh is leaving for a business trip and we're going to go to dinner tonight on our way to the airport. We are going to Longhorn and I've already printed the nutrition info to take with us. I'm planning on 7 oz Flo's Filet (my fav), grilled mushrooms and onions and about 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes (if I can even eat that much....my appetite is massively down!) Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you guys. I weighed myself this morning and I'm down to 158.2 - only 1.2 pounds and I'll have hit 10 pounds lost! Woohoo! I'm hoping my weight doesn't go up once I shift off my diet.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Way to go Catherine for losing another pound! We'll have to chat about our similars in the infertility world. We too lost twins, one by miscarriage and one being taken in error in emergency surgery. That crushed my world! November 10th will be two years for my angel babies! We miscarried again in June of 2008 too. Maybe I should clarify that my weight is NOT my infertility problem. I have endometriosis and severe PCOS (along with some blood clotting disorder) Getting my weight down would help increase our chances to get pregnant.

Thank you everyone for your support about Abby. She's still trucking right along and we measured her paw this morning so we can keep track of her tumor. I'll keep you guys updated as things change, I'm sure. You're the only ones I'm sharing it with - we can't bear to tell family that our beloved Abby has cancer, so we're holding it close to us. We are going to do everything we can to take care of her.

Judie - just to correct you, Abby didn't die YET, she just got diagnosed with a cancer tumor on her back leg yesterday and I took the news pretty hard. I know that you are stressed and tired, keep on trucking along. Your hubby will be better soon and hopefully your life will get a little easier.

We are going to try and get RIU done today, not going to do 2 workouts today....Josh is leaving for a business trip and we're going to go to dinner tonight on our way to the airport. We are going to Longhorn and I've already printed the nutrition info to take with us. I'm planning on 7 oz Flo's Filet (my fav), grilled mushrooms and onions and about 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes (if I can even eat that much....my appetite is massively down!) Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you guys. I weighed myself this morning and I'm down to 158.2 - only 1.2 pounds and I'll have hit 10 pounds lost! Woohoo! I'm hoping my weight doesn't go up once I shift off my diet.
    LisaC .... i feel refreshed and not sore at all ..... i changed my calories to lower cuz i too dont have an appetite i mean i am eating but i get full real quick ... so i changed it from 1900 to 1400 we will see if that is better for me .....Congrats on getting down to 158.2 and that 1.2 pounds should be gone by our next weight in on Wed,
    :heart: Megan
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

LisaC I am so sorry that I thought you lost your kitty. I know it must be hard I will honestly keep your baby in my heart. And omg I just learned so much about you. Your are honestly a strong woman. And you find time everyday to give us support everyday.

I am truely blessed for having you in my life even if its via MFP Post. Got to go I cry easily. I am a big cry baby but I am sending you hugs and thanks for all your support.