Protein Bars? What are your Faves? Ones to Avoid?

Options

Replies

• rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I love the Clif builders bars. I cut them in half, so 135 calories and 10 grams of protein, and I find it a filling snack and good energy for a workout later.

To the person who was warning against the GMOs: What is it about GMOs that would make you want to avoid them?
  • RightNowWellness
    RightNowWellness Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you want one that tastes great, doesn't have anything processed, no junk, sugars aren't bad= Jay Robb Protein Bars are awesome. My favorite is chocolate brownie.
    I also use the vanilla protein powder because its one of the few without junk or chemicals.
    I have got them online, Whole Foods, and at Vitamin Shoppe.
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    Supreme protein peanut crunch are amaaaaazing!!! come in smaller bars 43g that are perfect!! the big bars are too much for me! xxx
  • HYBRIDXXX
    HYBRIDXXX Posts: 86
    Options
    U R SO RITE ABT THOSE PURE PROTEIN BARS. THEY R ACTUALLY A STAPLE N MY DIET. I ALWAYS HAVE EM N MY PANTRY. I LUV DA CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER ONES. DELICIOUS!!!!!!
  • Pinky_Calhoun
    Pinky_Calhoun Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Atkins Line!
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • huntingforhipbones
    Options
    I love the Atkins bars - I eat a daybreak one for breakfast every morning. I don't know your WOE or goals but they're lower-calorie than most protein bars and they're the only ones I found that don't really have any carbs/sugar, which is good for my insulin :)
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Supreme Protein, Clif Builder, and Power Crunch are the ones I usually go for.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Think Thin and Cliffs high protein bars are what I prefer. Think thin bars are gluten free and the cliffs chocolate mint tastes great for 20g of protein. I eat them as a snack.
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    While not a true protein bar, Larabar fruit and nut bars are minimally processed and excellent for energy. Main ingredients are fruit and nuts. Diary-free, gluten-free, minimal salt, no added sugar (unless a flavor has chocolate). Most bars run about 200 calories.

I'm going to be making some protein bars along the lines of the Larabar (similar to Nakd bars here in the UK) - they look dead simple to make.

Basic ingredients - Dates, nuts and unflavoured protein powder. Extras depending on the desired flavour - oats, cinnamon, raisins, cocoa powder, banana, apple... the list is endless! If they turn out ok I will post in the recipe section...
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    BuilderBar turnes my Lower GI into manhattan at rush hour.
    Nothings moving!!!!!!
    O.O

the best power bar IMO is beef Jerky!!!!!
  • tlhorsley
    tlhorsley Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later. I am going to need something this summer when we go straight from the gym to the pool.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Premier Nutrition (you can get them in the protein bar aisle at WM OR they sell a big box at Sam's Club).

The chocolate peanut butter one is the best one. It is 280 calories, 30g of protein and 8g of sugar. It doesn't have high fructose corn syrup or sugar alcohols in them (which is HUGE for me as I have horrible reactions to both!)

Best of all? They're like $1/bar!
  • SonicaBE
    SonicaBE Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are the only ones I'd consider eating on a regular basis, because they're not full of processed junk (relatively speaking)

where can you get these bars???
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Quest bars... high protein, only 2g of sugar, low NET carbs (18g fiber) and they are so freaking amazingly good! You can only get them online right now though I think.
  • kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    bump for later
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I avoid all protein bars. Most of them are loaded with sugar. I do like Larabars, though. Probably not particularly high in protein, but good eats.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Not looking at the nutrition info real intensively, I like the Carb Conscious Supreme protein peanut butter pretzel twist. Clif bars make me gag in the flavors I have tried.
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    To avoid a bunch of artificial junk and too much sugar, consider making your own....oatmeal and peanut butter is a good combo--there are a bunch of recipes online!