A Pound of Muscle weight more than and a Pound of fat?

Options
13»

Replies

• ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options

Tell me why someone can't pick up a 10lb dumb-bell!!!

I picked up a 185 lb dumb-bell, and eventually married him.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2_wBQnulpf5wNECijYl35QhpN95Opi-97X4nHznTa_j6IGF-T
    honey, he can post this **** all day as long as he uses that avatar :devil:
    This poor dead horse.

I so sorry horsey.
    save a horse, ride a cowboy:tongue:
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2_wBQnulpf5wNECijYl35QhpN95Opi-97X4nHznTa_j6IGF-T

I'm saving this image...I think it will come in handy again.

:bigsmile:
  • badwolf99
    Options
    I do understand where you are coming from. As I build muscle, the scale tends to fluctuate in a strange way. My own real world example of the difference between the volume of fat vs. the volume of muscle goes like this: When I first began losing weight, I got all the way down to about 190 lbs. I was thrilled. I hadn't started strength training yet but I was thrilled with what the scale was telling me. Over the next couple of years, this and that happened and I put about 20 lbs back on. As I re-started my exercise program, I included strength training. I started losing the weight. Very slowly. What started to change were my measurements. My legs lost some, my waist, my arms, everything started to change but the scale lagged sorely behind. Then I had that moment when I realized what was really happening. As I lost fat and replaced it with muscle, the scale would barely change but suddenly my pants are too bid. My trainer said to me, and I quote, "girl, you're pants are too baggy, you need to go shopping"! The pants I could wear at 190 lbs fit me right now and I'm 14 lbs heavier. I'm training myself to watch my clothes and measurements rather than put too much focus on what the scale says. When I told someone once that I weighed 200 lbs, she said, "no way, there's no way you weigh that much". I marched over to the scale and show her. Then she grabbed my arm. "You're all muscle!" Well, I'm not all muscle and I would like to get down to about 185 lbs some day. I still cry sometimes when I get on the scale and my trainer has to put the kid gloves on and point out my measurements. You keep your chin up and remember we're all here for you!
  • samlamb
    samlamb Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for your reply!
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Density( more ester type bonds for lipids )

muscle = 1.03kgl^-1
    fat=0.9kgl^-1
  • EmmaRoberts82
    Options
    Thank you for finally helping me understand what is actually meant when people say this... For the past couple of years I have become obsessed with dieting, exercising and weighing myself, I have never been as fit as I am now but I still weigh a stone more than I'd like to but I fit into what I used to think as skinny clothes. Finally I realise that I would rather be the weight I am through being fit and toned rather than a stone skinnier!
  • Reddak98
    Reddak98 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Both weigh a pound but the fat has more volume
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    But which fat is superior, a** fat, or b**b fat?
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

One word folks DENSITY.

Exactly. That is what I think every time this comes up.